Thread: Turbo For The 2.5 Dakota???

Hybrid View

Question Turbo For The 2.5 Dakota???

i have a 1999 dakota sport with the 2.5 four cylinder with manual trans. i think it would be awesome to throw a turbo on my truck instead of bein like everyone else and throwin a 360 under tha hood. i was wondering if anyone could give some knowledge as if the engine in my truck is pretty much the same as a 2.5 in a dodge car. if so, whut parts can i buy and where can i find em to get my turbo set up ready? thx alot guys

Hybrid booster

Re: Turbo For The 2.5 Dakota???

Quote Originally Posted by waltweezy45 View Post
    i have a 1999 dakota sport with the 2.5 four cylinder with manual trans. i think it would be awesome to throw a turbo on my truck instead of bein like everyone else and throwin a 360 under tha hood. i was wondering if anyone could give some knowledge as if the engine in my truck is pretty much the same as a 2.5 in a dodge car. if so, whut parts can i buy and where can i find em to get my turbo set up ready? thx alot guys

The 2.5 engine in your Dakota is a AMC/Jeep engine. It was the first generation Dakotas that used our 2.2/2.5 engines.

boostaholic

I saw one on ebay a few years back, it is an awsome idea. But if I remember correctly the intake manifold and turbo had to be changed, because they will hit the firewall

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

thats info for the dodge 2.5.. amc 2.5 is different. configured pretty much the same as a jeep 4.2/4.0. its definitely possible and your engine would be a decent candidate. search this forum, there is a user with a turbo 2.5 wrangler (same engine) that ran 14s.