Thread: FS: Hybrid transmissions, Automatic transmission and R/T 568 with NEW gears

FS: Hybrid transmissions, Automatic transmission and R/T 568 with NEW gears

Please email me at Mopartek@aol.com

Hi all,
    Well it's the beginning of a new year. People are getting parts collected for their big project and I have put together a collection of transmission choices for your project.

I'm offering a free shipping container and packaging material with each transmission purchased.

None of the transmissions are assembled so you can select the options you want like moly plate, OBX and drain plug (Except the '91 R/T with new gears which only comes one way) . The OBX in NOT available on the 525/555 transmission.

Moly Plate for the 525/555, 520/555 is an additional $100.00

Drain plug is an additional $25.00

OBX Differential with new internal washers, disassembled and all holes tapped and case clearanced for proper axle fit $550.00

NOTE: This is for the 520/555 and 523/568 transmissions ONLY. Will NOT fit the 525/555 transmission.

The reason for the added cost on the OBX is that all but one we have had here came with broken belville washers inside, fasteners not torqued right, bolt holes not tapped right and axle shafts that wouldn't fit into the unit, we fix all these issues.

First transmission offered is one you will never find again. This transmission is a collection of NOS parts that I collected over the years at the dealership along with items I have collected building transmission in my shop.

1991 R/T 568, large spline input shaft, 3.85 FD ratio. Brand new Chrysler 1st thru 5th gears, yes you have read correctly, brand new NS1 1st thru 5th speed gears. New 5th gear syncro assembly. I have selected the nicest 1/2 and 3/4 syncro assemblies I could find and assembled this transmission using a good used input shaft and intermediate shaft along with a good 5th gear used on the input shaft. Also included is a Future Auto Block & clutch posi unit and a drain plug is installed. The only way to find a nicer transmission would be to find a brand new one. $1500.00

413 Automatic transmission. This time I offering an automatic transmission for those that have asked in the past. 5 clutch front, 4 clutch rear clutch packs, 3.4 KD lever ratio, 3.02 overall gear ratio, this is the stock turbo car transmission ratio for automatics.

This transmission also contains a Turbo Action RMVB, case is drilled for external line pressure adjustment. Also included in this transmission a Block style posi unit. This is one made by Pat at Future Auto and had HD springs and tested at 80 lbs breakaway on the bench, these are no Quaife or OBX but better than nothing. HD Torque convertor that's good to 350 HP. Transmission and convertor will ship separately $1400.00

525/555 transmission. This is the combination that started my hybrid adventure. I built my first one 12 years ago for a friend with an '86 GLHS that wanted the strength and better ratios of the 555 along with the 3.56 FD ratio of the stock 525 and a transmission that wouldn't require cutting of his very nice GLHS, a bolt in custom transmission shall we say. We added his Shelby Cam & Pawl posi unit and a Lambros moly plate and this transmission still runs today in his car.

525/555 transmission. 555 1st thru 5th gears & input shaft. 3.56 FD intermediate shaft and ring gear from the 525 and stock 525 differential. Rebuilt with new bearings, seals, shift fork pads and brass as needed. Upgraded 1/2 shift fork to the HD piece from the 555 along with an '87 525 case that uses the stronger differential bearing retainer bolts on the left side. $750.00

520/555 Race/Street transmission. 555 1st thru 5th gears & input shaft. 3.50 FD intermediate shaft and ring gear from a 520 with a stock differential and diff pin retainers.

This race proved street crash box has had modifications to the gears and brass rings. Every other tooth was removed from the 1st thru 4th speed gears and the brass rings to allow full throttle, to the floor power shifting. This transmission setup was race proven with over 100 passes in a 12 sec. Shadow.

If your looking for something that shifts like no other here, is your transmission. You can have it with a welded diff for no extra charge for your race only application or add the OBX or keep a stock open diff for a street strip car. $1000.00

R/T 523/568 This is a new combination I came up with to offer the R/T owners the choice of having a Quaife unit without the Quaife price. 1991 R/T transmission with a 3.77 FD intermediate shaft and ring gear from a 523. A good choice to keep close to the stock 3:85 FD ratio and allows you to install an OBX LSD unit. Rebuilt with new bearings, seals, shift fork pads and brass as needed. $900.00

Shipping is by way of Fedex and calculated by your ZIP code to a work address so please include that when inquiring.

Thanks,
    Cliff Ramsdell
    '86 GLHS 210 Shelby Roll cage and Posi unit.
    http://www.members.aol.com/mopartek/home.html
    www.Mopartek.com

Hybrid booster

Re: FS: Hybrid transmissions, Automatic transmission and R/T 568 with NEW gears

Email sent...

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I just decided what to spend my tax refund on. emailed 'ya.

525/555 hybrid is sold.

Cliff Ramsdell