Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a555 bearing support plate

Hybrid booster

a555 bearing support plate

For the setup I'm going to be using, this is an absolute MUST. I found one on e-bay that is cheaper than Cindy, and its free shipping, but I'm wary.

The first one is on ebay, and the second one is from Cindy's site. Check out the differences...

Is the e-bay one going to work, or is it worth $35+ to get it from Cindy and know that it will work?

Hybrid booster

Re: a555 bearing support plate

Is the one on ebay chro-moly? Looks like theres a difference on some of the whole sizes, which could be a concern.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

+1 on the hole sizes. I thought the whole point of the FWD unit was that is is a chrome-moly piece, so if the one on ebay is not, I would pass.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor LeGweg's Avatar

And I wonder if the ebay unit has the same thickness as the one from Cindy

Hybrid booster

I was also wondering on all of those points. I guess I'll just go with the tried and true one that Cindy sell.

Cindy's is based off the Shelby design? I'd like to figure out what is going on here.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Shelby design? did he sell one? First one I ever saw came from LRE.

They are just chrome moly steel replicas of the stock low-carbon steel plates. They are machined flat unlike the stock stamped out ones, and the CM steel is stronger and resists shock better.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

These were available from the Shelby Catalog, I don't think these were available from Chrysler

Hybrid booster

The ones on ebay are Omni-Potent's. The gentleman who made these plates, made them out of 3/16" chrome-moly (which is the only thickness available in chrome-moly sheets). These are a little thicker than the factory ones.

These are direct copies of the factory plates in terms of hole sizes. The template used was a factory plate. Several of these plates are already in trannys.

The price for these units is $95 shipped. If anyone is not completely satisfied with these units, they can return them for a full refund. You can PM me or send an email to omni1985@aol.com. We accept Paypal, money order or personal check.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks!!!!!

Hybrid booster

Thanks for clearing this up. It's good to know that the difference is probably something trivial.

Designed off the stock plate...good enough for me. I'll take one.

Garrett booster

I just bought this plate from Cindy a few days ago and it looks just like the ebay one you have pictured. Maybe they changed their supplier.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

No, normally our plates are also blanchard ground after they are cut, but we had so many people on back order that this batch we just had media blasted. The next batch is currently in production and they will be ground and all nice and pretty. If you want to exchange yours, just call us but the next production run isn't expected to be finished till March.
    Later,
    Cindy

Garrett booster

As long as it does what its supposed to I dont care what it looks like. Thanks for the info.

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OMNI-Potent
    The ones on ebay are Omni-Potent's. The gentleman who made these plates, made them out of 3/16" chrome-moly (which is the only thickness available in chrome-moly sheets). These are a little thicker than the factory ones.

These are direct copies of the factory plates in terms of hole sizes. The template used was a factory plate. Several of these plates are already in trannys.

The price for these units is $95 shipped. If anyone is not completely satisfied with these units, they can return them for a full refund. You can PM me or send an email to omni1985@aol.com. We accept Paypal, money order or personal check.

Thanks!!!!!
    That is awesome to know! Thanks very much.

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OMNI-Potent

Thanks!!!!!
    Thank YOU for your support of this site!!!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/cm...ge=our_vendors

Have you seen the new vendor page. Potent parts links directly to your profile page so people may contact you easier.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Hybrid booster

just recieved a "moly plate" from OMNI-POTENT.

am very impressed........

.......quick delivery and a SWEET looking plate.......

i matched it to the stock plate for size..........wonderful.

how did they get such a clean look.......?

thanks OMNI-POTENT.

deuce

turbo addict

Hmm will have to price some Cro-mo steel sheet and try to talk my boss at work into letting me tool a set up so I can make one of those. If they are on backorder and everyone swears by them Im going to have to install one in both of the A555's I have. An OBX posi wouldnt hurt either...

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Omni Potent has them... no backorder... They are a good insurance policy for making over 250 whp or so. I have 3 5 sp trannies, 1 5 sp car (well 2 now) and only 1 plate. If a tanse bites it, swap it to the next one.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Hybrid booster

Thanks for the support everyone. We are only concerned about your happiness with the quality of the product and something you can expect from OMNI-Potent.

We do want everyone to know that we are a little bit away from a website as product R&D funds have been sucking our money in a different direction. Plus, we would like to have a few more products (for a website) which are in the works. I think some exciting products too.

Our goal is to offer different products that no other vendor has. Therefore we will not be in direct competition with any other vendor. We made a run of these plates to see what the market is like for products. This is our marketing test for pricing, stocking levels and buyer desires. We test our products in our own vechiles first, so quality will be a given.

We do have these plates in stock and if you pay today, they ship tomorrow. No ifs ands or buts!

We are open to all suggestions for products that people want, so just PM or email us.

Thanks for your interest!

Hybrid booster

Many Kudos to Frank and Ken for an excellent job with turbo-mopar!!!!!!!!!!!

For $25/year we host the website. Look into that option. I really do not think you will find cheaper...

And thank you again. our pleasure. Got any teasers for what is offered next???
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast