Hello all, been researching non stop the last couple days of future mods for a car I'm looking at. It's an '89 Daytona 2.2. It's already got a rebuilt engine, +20's, AFPR, Walbro 255, New clutch, 3" exhaust and some other goodies. Looking to the following mods on it:

Hybrid or S60 turbo (unsure of which yet) with 3" sv
+40's
Ceramic 4 Puck Clutch and HD presure plate
SRT4 style fmic from ebay
ported swirl head (looking at either the S1 or S2 from LWP.com)
Ported Ex. Manifold
I'm wanting a custom cal. Don't really want to run a fwdperf as I hear they're not all that great for an aftermarket cal. I would order from TU.com but they're backordered until who knows when... I'm looking at running either MegaSquirt or Using a Dcal/CHEM setup and possibly burning my own stuff.
My goals for the car is around 300whp...

So...First a couple Q's.
What's the difference in D-Cal and CHEM? Which is better? Just looking at the stuff on CHEM.com it looks fairly easy, especially downloading the "ladybug" program...
For the '89 Tona do I have an SBEC? If not, then what?
I'm confident that I can socket the SBEC and am reading up on a "how to" for it. For running a Dcal, am I able to download the "Ladybug" setup, and adapt it to the bigger turbo and ported head? Is it just a matter of downloaded the 'base' ladybug and modifying the code then burning a chip and running it? I don't plan to have the car ready to run until April (if I decide to purchase it) sometime so that gives me plenty of time in the garage. Any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Michael

PS, I just registered and moparchem and my SN is MichaelJ.