Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynomax ultra flow ?'s

Dynomax ultra flow ?'s

Im currently looking for a new muffler and i came across thishttp://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    I was wondering if its a true 2.5 inch currently im running a cherry bomb glass pack and it says its 2.5 inch but when you look though it the inside is really about 2 inch. Also how loud are they? im running 2.5 inch all the way side exit and I got a ticket for having too loud of a exhaust with it on will this quite it down more then the glasspack? and will the glasspack gives my exhuast a kind of pshy airy sound will the ultra flow git rid of it?
    1988 Shadow ES 4-door 13.61@98.89 2002 Neon ACR 1989 Shadow ES 4-door 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 15.87@85 Stock Pentastar V6 2001 Altima DD

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Re: Dynomax ultra flow ?'s

While that Dynomax will flow better, the problem of sound wont be much better. Those things let out this horid raw metal sound.

Try something like this. It will cost more, but worth it and it is stainless, so no rust.
    http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294791974

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turboshadow View Post
    Im currently looking for a new muffler and i came across thishttp://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    I was wondering if its a true 2.5 inch currently im running a cherry bomb glass pack and it says its 2.5 inch but when you look though it the inside is really about 2 inch. Also how loud are they? im running 2.5 inch all the way side exit and I got a ticket for having too loud of a exhaust with it on will this quite it down more then the glasspack? and will the glasspack gives my exhuast a kind of pshy airy sound will the ultra flow git rid of it?
    I've had an Ultraflow on my T1 log car for a few years now. It is getting louder...I sometimes set off car alarms when I drive by. It does flow well. You might try the Magnaflow mufflers, I don't think they burn out as bad.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

The Ultraflows work well, my friends Spirit R/T had one and it was mellow. I have an Magnaflow and its loud. Honestly, a Flowmaster Super40 is a good choice, its quiet but has a nice deep rumble to it.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I have also set off car alarms several times with the round Ultraflo in my Omni GLH Turbo.

With the Ultraflo, oval is quietest, round is louder, bullet is loudest. They do seem to get louder with age as the internal dampening material becomes compressed.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

I've never used nothing buy an Ultraflow. I'll be honest they are loud. I've always seen them to be 3" all the way through, or whichever diameter it says it's to be.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    The Ultraflows work well, my friends Spirit R/T had one and it was mellow. I have an Magnaflow and its loud. Honestly, a Flowmaster Super40 is a good choice, its quiet but has a nice deep rumble to it.
    Magnaflow isnt louder.
    Frank Katzenberger

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=skuThis one sounds much better than that bullet muffler Ive got to agree with frank on the horrid sound.I run one of these on my car and you can barely hear it running at idle,under boost it gets a little loud but nothing like the race bullet and flow is just as good if not better.

Should have said the oval case Ultraflow.

Frank, my Magnaflow is so loud compared to the Ultraflows I have heard.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Is this just from your in car estimation?
    Frank Katzenberger

Garrett booster

Side exit is hard to quiet down.
    If you must have a straight through muffler the Hooker Max-Flow is one of the quietest I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    Side exit is hard to quiet down.
    If you must have a straight through muffler the Hooker Max-Flow is one of the quietest I have heard.
    Side exit is tough. I tried alot of mufflers when I had my side exit and 2 are pretty quiet-the Hooker Aerochamber is quiet but has a slight rumble and the Super40 is a medium, not bad inside and a nice deep rumble outside.

turbo addict

Why are they calling a bullet muffler an ultraflo???

They are not even similar. The Round race series ultraflow has a 4" internal pipe.......the bullet only has an external diameter of 4"........internal diameter of 3" (assuming you are comparing 3"/3" mufflers)

Im sure the larger real ultraflow flows better but it is also heavier. Its not "that" loud.

Considering it looks similar to the magnaflow and certainly flows better I cant see a big difference. Now compared to the bullet, thats just obvious.

While you have 2.5", I forgot Chris is selling the larger 3" ones....
    http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=274

Frank
    Frank Katzenberger

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    While you have 2.5", I forgot Chris is selling the larger 3" ones....
    http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=274

Frank
    We have the 2.5" version too for less then Summit. We just haven't added it to our website yet. Contact me at chris@turbosunleashed.com for prices.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 89shelby2.4 View Post
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=skuThis one sounds much better than that bullet muffler Ive got to agree with frank on the horrid sound.I run one of these on my car and you can barely hear it running at idle,under boost it gets a little loud but nothing like the race bullet and flow is just as good if not better.
    Got one of these myself ... nice exhaust note. On the side exit I'd say it halved the noise easy ... but the only place it'll fit is where the CAT was.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Got one of these (except it is center in and out) on my Shadow (was on the Z) and IMHO it is the best all around sound with no drone in a "straight thru" muffler Race Magnum Oval

I have a long case version of this one on the Z and it is definitely louder Race Bullet

FWIW, "Ultra Flo" was the name for Dynomax's Polished Stainless Mufflers, Oval and bullet and "Race Magnum" were the steel versions of the same.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    We have the 2.5" version too for less then Summit. We just haven't added it to our website yet. Contact me at chris@turbosunleashed.com for prices.

Chris-TU
    chirs you have a email
    1988 Shadow ES 4-door 13.61@98.89 2002 Neon ACR 1989 Shadow ES 4-door 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 15.87@85 Stock Pentastar V6 2001 Altima DD

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Is this just from your in car estimation?

Its from driving my van and other turbo dodges with different mufflers.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    I have a long case version of this one on the Z and it is definitely louder Race Bullet
    I want to buy two of the long versions and run them in series after my downpipe. Really not happy with all the noise from open downpipe. Okay maybe if police didnt exist. I would like to drive and not think Im gonna be pulled over just for idling noise. Im sure the open external gate will make all the fun noise I need.

Once I up the power I want to get a 3" cutout before the 2 long bullets. It cant possibly make much difference at 6psi and 300hp.

I would love another Round ultraflow but they are pretty heavy and Im not sure if a single muffler would be quiet enough anyways.

Anyone think A round ultraflow would be quieter then 2 long bullets in series? I was hoping 2 long style (18" core) bullets in series might be pretty dang quiet. That would be sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast