Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PLOG : "Project Pepto"

Re: PLOG : "Project Pepto"

hey Heath, here's some good pricign on A/N fittings!

http://www.batinc.net/mocal

hope you haven't buoght yet! BTW, push ons are only for push on type hose.. you prolly knew that tho..
    good luck!
    -jason

Console pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clueterinstalled02.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	3397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clusterinstalled01.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	3398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clusterinstalled03.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	3399  

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by TurbododgePirate View Post
    Console pics

Are those old pictures? Or do you have the interior installed in my old car already?

boostaholic

lol i remember that plastic

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    Are those old pictures? Or do you have the interior installed in my old car already?
    Old pics... the new interior is black .

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rdnoel86's Avatar

A couple questions for you Heath, Are you going to run a MSD unit it with the MS? I'm wanting to run a rev limiter and am thinking of going that route seeing the MS doesn't have a limiter. Also, did you find a black interior from a donor car or did you dye it black.....At least 1 of our cars we want to go with a black interior, and maybe blue in another....I'm not a fan of the light grey......Do you have pics of the black interior??........Thanx....Don

Quote Originally Posted by rdnoel86 View Post
    A couple questions for you Heath, Are you going to run a MSD unit it with the MS? I'm wanting to run a rev limiter and am thinking of going that route seeing the MS doesn't have a limiter. Also, did you find a black interior from a donor car or did you dye it black.....At least 1 of our cars we want to go with a black interior, and maybe blue in another....I'm not a fan of the light grey......Do you have pics of the black interior??........Thanx....Don
    Don, No I am using stock electronics, and I do believe that you can set up MSnS E with a rev limiter that cuts fuel or spark.

I am buying a new black carpet, and painting the rest with vinyl and fabric dyes.

Pics when I am finished with prep and painting the interior stuff.

boostaholic

Looking good,I like the way the console pics.

BTW heath, those look like 52mm gauges.. you wanna try run a pair of these?:

they normally have 1.5" of flange around em...

i guess it's hard to tell, but the gauges are angled at 15 degrees. torwards the driver.

just lemme know.

-jason

Okay, so I checked out the bulkhead diagrams today and it looks like the 85 carbed harnesses I have will plug directly into the 1986 dash. Since I am running a relay board to control the fuel pump and fan relays i'll be in great shape.

SWEET!!

These are pics of Len Alaya's front motor mounts from www.neons.org, but I am planning on doing the same thing unless Jason and I find out it is a bad idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FMMgrover2.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	3427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fmmgrover3.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	3428  

yo. nice fabrication. i don't like that at all. why?
    all it does is load the core support/front chassis structure(what little there is) purely in bending. no matter if you're engine braking or accelerating. the only support it can provide is by taking load directly pullin in torwards the engine. with a heim joint to make sure theres no play. how many ft lbs would it take to pull that in? i think Len is depending solely on his bobble strut for load in this case. that is for location/chassis destruction.

so i say this as that beam was designed to take rubber damped torque loads from a much weaker engine in torsion. the stock box and arm mount would push up or down on the crossbolt in the box, which has somethig like a 2.5" lever arm on torquing the front support structure and loading it vertically. pretty much diametric loading compared to the heim mount.

so i'd go a different route. more similar to the 8v front engine mount.

Bardo, thats my buds swapped 240 we're just test fitting in.

-jason

Quote Originally Posted by TurbododgePirate View Post
    Audi 1.8A4 PP
    Why are you using this? Just curious.

Heath, if you don't mind sharing, what's your paint selection and cost?

i'm also going to be driving to ohio(yuk!) hopefully march 10th to pickup my daytona stuff and also hit TP tools on the way to get some blasting material. i'm almost ready to start ghetto-blasting yo! so, if anyone needs stuff blasted(Heath) i'm just getting 50 lbs each of speed-bead and skat+ plastic(for the bodyshell) come by, do some work, bring some beer, clean out my garage, wash my car, i don't care. sandblast your parts and cleanup the mess it makes.

yeah, you'll be seein me in your thread more... lol! mebe i should jsut get my own..
    -jason

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS377 View Post
    Heath, if you don't mind sharing, what's your paint selection and cost?

i'm also going to be driving to ohio(yuk!) hopefully march 10th to pickup my daytona stuff and also hit TP tools on the way to get some blasting material. i'm almost ready to start ghetto-blasting yo! so, if anyone needs stuff blasted(Heath) i'm just getting 50 lbs each of speed-bead and skat+ plastic(for the bodyshell) come by, do some work, bring some beer, clean out my garage, wash my car, i don't care. sandblast your parts and cleanup the mess it makes.

yeah, you'll be seein me in your thread more... lol! mebe i should jsut get my own..
    -jason
    Not sharing that info yet.

Where are you going in Ohio? There's a guy out there with a rust free L body hatch I need to get.

Also, Looking seriously at a SAAB 9-5 I might buy. 2001 with about 96K miles, but in awesome shape..... and it's a turbo. Oh and the turbo is new and comes with a 50K mile warranty. Then I have to sell the neon.

Well, I just ordered black replacement carpet from http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Carpets/Dodge/

I'll post pics when it comes in. $150

boostaholic

Im sure its gona look great.

Thanks. Now I need to find money to finish it, and make the monthly payment on my SAAB.

boostaholic

You will get it finished Im sure.

Heath

What made you go with the company who you ordered the carpet from? The price is a lot cheaper than, say, ACC ($60 nearly), but have you heard feedback about it that also made you go there? I'm looking at getting the Turismo's carpet replaced, and if possible, when yours comes in, I'd like to check it out in person to see how the molding of it is as well as the fitting and quality.

In addition, are you getting any extra to cut for a new hatch area carpet? I don't know if you have thought about that yet or not so I figured I'd throw it out there.

Too bad they don't have the navy blue I will need though in their selection guide

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast