Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PLOG : "Project Pepto"

boostaholic

Re: PLOG : "Project Pepto"

Looking goos I told you it would go togather well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Very nice! Told you that you will be alright.
    Thanks man. I already have a good base to start with from the texasneons group. A guy also running a 2.4 with 4 bar map. Hopefully that will get me running easily with some minor tweaks.

~~H

Garrett booster

Nice work! lets see/hear it go...

are others running this ecu in TDs yet?

i guess having a carb'd car meant you could pretty much leave all the original harness alone

Quote Originally Posted by Garffus View Post
    Nice work! lets see/hear it go...

are others running this ecu in TDs yet?

i guess having a carb'd car meant you could pretty much leave all the original harness alone
    Well, the 86 SC I have was originally a turboed car. So all I had to do was get a engien harness from a 85 GLH carbed car. I am still looking for bulkhead diagrams to make sure I don't have to change anything else. Oh, and I plan to have AC.

Hey heath, if you need some long distance tuning and log deciphering( or just plain old cipherin!) hit me up! the 0.5" fuel rail will be fine. get your supports all measured up and i can cut those out on teh cnc as well as bore it. i'm doing some cool stuff, so i'm pretty busy, just let me know with some advance, eh?
    -jason

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS377 View Post
    Hey heath, if you need some long distance tuning and log deciphering( or just plain old cipherin!) hit me up! the 0.5" fuel rail will be fine. get your supports all measured up and i can cut those out on teh cnc as well as bore it. i'm doing some cool stuff, so i'm pretty busy, just let me know with some advance, eh?
    -jason
    I'll let you know. I'm also working on that rear bumper thing as well. Thanks!~~Heath

Well, the two high current ignition drivers went in just fine. No complaints whatsovever. Now I need to upload the MSNScode and all should be ready to wire. Luckily I have 12 foot of wire marked every 6 inches. SWEET!! I put the appropriate jumpers in, and wires needed for the two VB921's and 2 330ohm resistors. Now I need to get to work on the neon sensors, and reconfiguring the carbed L body harness for a Neon alternator. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peptoneonmods.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	3088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peptoneonmodsbottom.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	3089  

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Very cool. Wish I had your electronic abilities.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Very cool. Wish I had your electronic abilities.
    Hahaha Seriously, I have NO electronic capabilities. I am a COMPLETE novice. That's probably why I am having a beiatch of a time loading the MSnS Software right now

Although I understand why the shops charge so much for the completed units now.

turbo addict

are you just running an external VR?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TurbododgePirate View Post
    Hahaha Seriously, I have NO electronic capabilities. I am a COMPLETE novice. That's probably why I am having a beiatch of a time loading the MSnS Software right now

Although I understand why the shops charge so much for the completed units now.
    Well... I'm still envious of your ambition. I'm afraid of CHEM, let alone building my own ECM.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Speedeuphoria View Post
    are you just running an external VR?
    Yes, I am using a 1985 Carbed omni harness to simplify things. It has a external Voltage regulator.

turbo addict

assuming mopar VR, all you need is one feild to each of the VR wires, the blue one on the VR(top middle of the triangle shaped plug) splices to a key switched. I just ran it to the fuse box so it doesnt work when cranking

assuming mopar VR, all you need is one feild to each of the VR wires, the blue one on the VR(top middle of the triangle shaped plug) splices to a key switched. I just ran it to the fuse box so it doesnt work when cranking
    All I need for the relay board is a switched power source, 12Vconstant, and ground. I want to keep from chopping up the carbed harness as much as I can. Although I know I will need to change the alternator plugs to the Stratus style.

Other than that I just need to tap into a 12V switched really, as I am going to run the ground to the frame, and the 12V constant to the battery.

So could I just splice into the VR then for the 12V switched?

~~Heath

turbo addict

I'm not sure what exactly you mean?

You could(just fuse it for sure) What does it control?

I ran all new stuff on mine cause I deleted all the engine wiring and started fresh.

I had to go back under the dash to find 3 diff switched sources.
    1 that was only on when key all the way forward(cranking) for the starter(and relay).

Another that was on anytime the key is in run, for coils/injectors/fuel pump/SDS computer/wideband o2(doesnt loose power)

then I already had my gauges to a diff key switched(from fuse box)
    and then got another from fuse box for the VR

the fuse box has power when the key is in run but when you go to crank it loses power till the key goes back to run.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean?

You could(just fuse it for sure) What does it control?

I ran all new stuff on mine cause I deleted all the engine wiring and started fresh.

I had to go back under the dash to find 3 diff switched sources.
    1 that was only on when key all the way forward(cranking) for the starter(and relay).

Another that was on anytime the key is in run, for coils/injectors/fuel pump/SDS computer/wideband o2(doesnt loose power)

then I already had my gauges to a diff key switched(from fuse box)
    and then got another from fuse box for the VR

the fuse box has power when the key is in run but when you go to crank it loses power till the key goes back to run.
    OH! Well, the relay board holds fan relays, fuel pump relays, and all the wiring for the megasquirt controlled items. It really simplifies the installation. So, I am going to run a stock carned GLH harness so I can use all the normal functions, horn, lights, wipers, etc. and just take a 12V from the batery, frame ground, and the 12V switched. The relay board is fused as well.

Heath

turbo addict

yeah I looked it up and saw a setup diagrahm. You'll deff need the one thats allways on for those things, I found it in a wire comming from the steering column, but since you still have the harness I'm pretty sure you could look at a diagrahm and get it from where the ASD relay was/is

how much do you have in the megasquirt?
    If I were to do another car(not that I need one) I would use this setup

I am having software upgrade issues. More updates as soon as I sort them out.

Well, I finally sorted out my programming issues. I had to load the MSnS E firmware through the hyperterminal, and the directions on the megamanual site weren't exact. Anyway, I got it loaded and now the programming is correct, all I have to do is start plugging in variables. That starts tomorrow.

WWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

boostaholic

Sounds like its going well,next time im up that way you will have 2 clamps at your house.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast