Thread: learning to datalog

learning to datalog

1987 dodge daytona shelby z t2
    socketed, stock cal on a new chip
    schmart board serial interface module

I have to module soldered to the LM as per chem instructions. when i turn the key to on, the red led flashes continuously. when i connect my laptop to it, and hit the datalog button on chem, it continues to just flash red, and chem does not read anything.

The lady at the electronics store said the cable i got was port one to port one, is this correct?

Thank You
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Re: learning to datalog

i guess i need to add some code to the cal to datalog? is this something easy to add?
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

I THINK maybe you need the blueberry code.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

im thinking i'll try to scale the blueberry for 40's since i got a set in front of me

to convert to 40's i just scale the 10 tables by like 80.76%(i think thats the number)

* FuelBaseline (WOTTBL)
    * FuelIdle (MAPIDL)
    * FuelPart (MAPTBL)
    * FuelBatteryOffset (BATOFF)
    * FuelChangeFromRPMSNoThrottle
    * FuelMonitorScaling(FUELTR) (if you have a Navigator)
    * StartFuelFromEngineTemp(STRTFL)
    * StartPrimeFuelShot(PRSHOT)
    * Table75FromTPS(unknown... but output is pulsewidth)
    * TransientThrottleEnrich(POSSLP)(very small change)
    Last edited by Murphy; 01-06-2007 at 02:20 AM.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

incorrect frank. all he needs is a standard male to female serial cable (like a modem cable) and he can datalog the stock 87 stuff with Chem. one thing to look out for. make sure an OTC scanner isnt hooked up at the same time. red flashes are a good sight though cause it means the ecm is spitting out data.

make sure that you have the correct cable and that you have the settings correct in Chem. Geoff made some changes so that he could log 89 cars now too cause he has that new daytona so you might have to check in there if you are using the newest version.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

btw you only need the code mods if you want to use Jason Richardson's high speed logging setup with either his own program or Rob's Minidash.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

I have the newest build of chem, what would I need to change to make it work?

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    btw you only need the code mods if you want to use Jason Richardson's high speed logging setup with either his own program or Rob's Minidash.

Brian
    Just a correction: you don't NEED the code mods for MiniDash, but the datarate is faster that way...

Jason's program only works with the code mods...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Murphy, youll have to ask Geoff for the correct settings as I dont know them off the top of my head but they should be in "Setup Serial" in Chem. youll have to select the correct com port for your pc obviously and im guessing the low and high speeds are the lowest for use with a LM.

Thanks for the clarifiation Rob, i forgot to add that.

Brian

found out the comp port on ym only working laptop doesnt work........even better this computer doesnt have internet access

guerss i got to find a USB to com port adapter....is taht considered a male or female end that i need?

you need a usb to male serial. if the usb cable is long enough, you could possibly plug the serial com port right on the schmart board if you take out one of the sets of screw/bolt things. prolly removing the screw/bolt things on the schmart board will be easiest.

Brian