Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All Chrysler Nationals - Carlisle July 6-8 2007

All Chrysler Nationals - Carlisle July 6-8 2007

Start counting down y'all... Only 183 Days until this big event this year. Cannot wait. Greg and I will be there of course. Greg will have his GLH and mine will be appearing out for the first time (as long as all goes well this winter!)..... so who all is planning to go? I know its early, but it will be here before we know it!!!

Re: All Chrysler Nationals - Carlisle July 6-8 2007

i'll be there, with my Z, also appearing for the first time
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

I should be there, but I am bad for planning this far in advance.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Garrett booster

The R/T will be there and mabey if the charger is nice to me I will bring it too.

Gary you better be there or else! Get your Daytona there and show it this year! You can always camp out with Greg and I if you want, too for the weekend inside the track. Thats what we plan on doing again as it was great!

Boneyard- you live in Hellam??? Crap! Ive probably seen you around or know you from somewhere. What cars do you have? Whats your name? any pictures??

Jen

this is some early heads-up Jen!

remember, we all committed to contacting the event organizers as early as possible to ensure they set up all of the turbo dodge classes in one single show area, so if you or anyone has any helpful info on how we can all help make 2007 a better show please post it up. i plan on calling soon. i'm going to suggest they specify the top of the hill, where the shelby class was in 2006, for all 1979 and up FWD cars, Shelby, and the R/T classes, and the area adjacent to that for SRT4 class.

i think we have a good justification since the area where the shelby class was last year had space for another 100 cars easily and was very nicely groomed and level. but wherever they decide, we got to convince them to put us all in one single area.

Hybrid booster

last year was my frist time to nationals, we moved at the end of last year so i won,t make it this year, be lucky to go to mopar nats. alot closer for me. just going to stay home and work on my demon and old ford truck. have fun. alan

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Blue Iroc R/T's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5sp. mini View Post
    last year was my frist time to nationals, we moved at the end of last year so i won,t make it this year, be lucky to go to mopar nats. alot closer for me. just going to stay home and work on my demon and old ford truck. have fun. alan
    Al, This is not acceptable! We'll have to talk about this. How about a Free Ride and I think that we can make room in one of our Motel Rooms. Right now, I am waiting on Confirmation from the Motel, on our rooms. I'll be talking to you and see if we can't find some way to get you over there.

Anyway, I will be there! Even rain doesn't keep me away from Carlisle. Like some people (that have already posted in this thread ) a couple years ago.
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

Tow Vehicle/Daily Driver:
    02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/ralphs_dakota_quad_cab

boostaholic

If all goes well I will be there.

this will be my first time 'showing' the car, what do I got to do?
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Blue Iroc R/T's Avatar

Good Question Murphy,
    First of all, go to; http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/chrysler/index.asp
    On the right hand side, click on "Event Details Menu". From there you can Pre-Register. $35 for ALL three days, for Car, Driver and One Passenger. You can wait and register on day of event for an additional fee. I haven't heard of anyone being turned away for waiting to pay on the day of the event. You just have to pay a little more.
    Also take a look at the map. Show cars will enter at Gate 3. When you get to the gate, you will need to pull in to the Registration Area. Even if you have Pre-registered. There you/they will assign you to your Class, fill out your Dash card, give you your Window Sticker, Goody Bag and Participant Voting Ballot. After you have put the sticker on your UPPER LEFT Windshield, proceed to the gate. Once you go thru the gate, Staff personnell will be directing traffic and (based on the color of your window sticker) should direct you to the general area for your class. You will need to look for the appropriate sign designating your class.
    This event is participant Judged. Meaning, every participant that enters a vehicle will get a ballot with approx. 20-25 classes on it. Each participant is to go around to each class on Saturday between 11:00am - 4:00pm (I think this it the time frame) and write down your favorite pick for each class. The ballots are then turned in and the staff will tally all the ballots and on Sunday around 10:00 am they will post a list of the top 3 in each class. If you are one of the top 3 in your class, you can bring your car to the parade line up field to await the parade up to the Grandstand to recieve your award, or you may just pick up your award plaque at the tent.
    If you are entering a Spirit R/T or Daytona Iroc R/T, be sure that they enter you in the correct class at the registration tent. IF you are entering a TIII Hybrid (i.e. Shadow with TIII), Don't bother telling them at the tent what is really is, just tell them it is a Spirit R/T or Iroc R/T (then chage the Year/Model on the Dash Card later). These people at the registration do NOT know our cars and If you try to explain it to them it will just add to the confussion.
    I also suggest getting your Motel Reservations NOW. Most close motels are already full.
    Look forward to seeing everyone.
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

Tow Vehicle/Daily Driver:
    02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/ralphs_dakota_quad_cab

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    this is some early heads-up Jen!

remember, we all committed to contacting the event organizers as early as possible to ensure they set up all of the turbo dodge classes in one single show area, so if you or anyone has any helpful info on how we can all help make 2007 a better show please post it up. i plan on calling soon. i'm going to suggest they specify the top of the hill, where the shelby class was in 2006, for all 1979 and up FWD cars, Shelby, and the R/T classes, and the area adjacent to that for SRT4 class.

i think we have a good justification since the area where the shelby class was last year had space for another 100 cars easily and was very nicely groomed and level. but wherever they decide, we got to convince them to put us all in one single area.
    I have a direct contact with the event coordinator this year and have already spoken to him in regards of the class groupings. I will get more involved with him closer to the time….

This year will be better by far!

Troy

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Don't worry Jen, I will enter the Daytona this year. Even though the poor things nose is peeling
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Thx Ralph!

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by MoparGirl41301 View Post
    Gary you better be there or else! Get your Daytona there and show it this year! You can always camp out with Greg and I if you want, too for the weekend inside the track. Thats what we plan on doing again as it was great!

Boneyard- you live in Hellam??? Crap! Ive probably seen you around or know you from somewhere. What cars do you have? Whats your name? any pictures??

Jen
    Blair(me) BJ(mom) 2004 neon R/T silver the charger is mine 84 gold (hasent been out of the garage in this county yet). I am going to assume that you have the only santa fe blue glh around here and let everybody know that you buy a lot of gas from rutters. There is a meeting for ECN on saturday at the hoss's on E market st. You guys are welcome. What are you going to do with the glh engine after the swap?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    I have a direct contact with the event coordinator this year and have already spoken to him in regards of the class groupings. I will get more involved with him closer to the time….

Troy
    Keep us posted. It would be great if all TD's were grouped together

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post

Troy
    Alright T-skillet! You da man

But yeah, I'll be there for sure (I've gone every year for the past seven years). I know that I'll have one of my cars out there, it's just way too early to tell which one. The Charger will have a new motor by then (this time I mean it), the Omni will be up and running still (hopefully...fingers crossed ), and the Daytona...well I think I might drive it a little this summer so it could possibly make it's first show appearance

Way to go T Dogg for the nudgin up at Carlisle. I know I had faith in you for a reason! Carlisle will by far kick butt this year!!!! I can sense it already, and 181 days and counting! I am psyched! (Cant you tell! )

Gary- YAY! Im glad to hear that you will be atleast showing the Daytona. That makes me feel better. Good luck with completing the exhaust and all this weekend. Let me know how it goes for you.

Boneyard- Im not sure if I know off hand or not. I would have to ask Greg if he has seen your cars mosey-ing around the area. Greg is a Service Tech at Susquehanna Dodge.. do you happen to come down there at all? hehe... wouldnt it be a small world then?!?! Thanks for the invite. Gregs GLHT has been a 5 year project since we were in high school and he just completed it last summer and showed it at Carlisle the first time and got 1st place. He hasnt driven it around much this summer but will be once it gets nice out again in the Spring as its away for the Winter now. He actually gets his gas for that at Sunoco the Premium! I have a GLH thats original, Carbureauted that we are going to turn into T2 this winter. Just picked up a Daytona with a new motor and all the goodies to convert it over.. cant wait! Then we will pretty much have matching cars. I will post pics at the bottom of our cars.

So yea! 181 Days guys!!! WOOOOOOOT!

Me and the Daytona:

Gregs GLHT:

Jens GLH N/A:

Garrett booster

We (I mostly) stare at the black srt8 at susquhena dodge every time I go by. I live about 5 minutes from there right down the road from me. If you want more details on the meeting go to www.ecnonline.org

Resident Nuke Turbo Mopar Contributor denviola's Avatar

Craig and I are planning to put our campers side by side in the campground outside gate 6. Then the great Friday night party ( I think it was Friday!) we had last year could be every night! I know I was not the only one that had lots of cold refreshing beverages! (Right T?)
    Only negative is that I'll have to pull out from the camp site early Sunday morning to get home, unload and go to Boy Scout Camp for the week.
    SDAC Member, Steel City Chapter SDAC Member, SV-SDAC member, SV-TD Member
    www.sv-td.com
    85 600 ES Turbo Conv., 91 Spirit R/T
    2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Dually. 6.7 CTD, AISIN, 4.10 gear
    68 GS400 (owned since 1973, someday 455)
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast