Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: All Chrysler Nationals - Carlisle July 6-8 2007

Re: All Chrysler Nationals - Carlisle July 6-8 2007

well said everyone. it was a great time this year, and good meeting a lot of new faces, and getting to chat with a lot of familiar ones. unfortunately we had a HOT weekend for it, but it still had a great turn out and a great time. Denny - thanks again for a great Saturday evening! Cant wait to do it all again next year.

I dropped off my film today and got everything loaded.. so here are my pics from Carlisle 2007.. enjoy!

http://www.webshots.com/user/mopargirl41301

Resident Nuke Turbo Mopar Contributor denviola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    Denny for President in ‘08
    OK, let's stop that crap right now......

IIRC, just threw an idea out there and all the SV gang ran with it quite successfully. Craig put up the banner so everyone could see where to go from the gate and provided lots of drinks. Troy's grill took quite a while to clean after that workout, and thanks for the brownies (and the Captain, etc.).

One of our gang cut it close to the wire, buying a camper Monday before the show. Worked out pretty good, right T-Bone?
    Interesting beverages just materialized like the apple jack that Ron produced. And leave it to a guy named "Top Fuel" to bring the black cherry rum.
    Seemed like the "party favors" were a hit! A couple different macaroni salads appeared from Greg and Wife and another couple that I didn't get their names (sorry, but we were all gushing over your cute baby!) Seemed like snacks and drinks and other shared items just kept coming. Thanks for sharing, I won't be able to thank eveyone personally as my memory is a little foggy!
    Don't forget the smoked turkey Mike and Faith cooked up all day at Chris' booth. Yummy!

A huge thank you to all the SV club for making the event happen. It was NOT the Denny show.......
    A HUGE THANK YOU to all that came and made it an event that we will repeat.
    SDAC Member, Steel City Chapter SDAC Member, SV-SDAC member, SV-TD Member
    www.sv-td.com
    85 600 ES Turbo Conv., 91 Spirit R/T
    2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Dually. 6.7 CTD, AISIN, 4.10 gear
    68 GS400 (owned since 1973, someday 455)
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by MoparGirl41301 View Post
    well said everyone. it was a great time this year, and good meeting a lot of new faces, and getting to chat with a lot of familiar ones. unfortunately we had a HOT weekend for it, but it still had a great turn out and a great time. Denny - thanks again for a great Saturday evening! Cant wait to do it all again next year.

I dropped off my film today and got everything loaded.. so here are my pics from Carlisle 2007.. enjoy!

http://www.webshots.com/user/mopargirl41301

nice pics. I like the shot you took of my car- the silver GLH. It was lots of fun, except when it wouldn't start for me after I got registration taken care of. It stalled about 5 times just getting it to the spot on Friday and that was after letting it cool for about 45 minutes.

YES! IT was AWESOME! We really know how to have fun, don't we! I loved our little party circle there on the corner! Denny, you're an awesome host! And you're wife is a blast, she needs to hang out w/us more often! Thanx again!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Denny, hope to see ya next year at SDAC!!!

Definitely a great time! Thanks to all of you TM'ers who came out to increase the showfield size for our cars! Good to meet up with everyone again, especially on Saturday night! HAHA

Funny thing is, I checked the amount of registrants & I believe it only said 15!

Mitsu booster

Well for all you guys that I met over the weekend. It was a great time. I can't wait until next weekend. And for all you guys that told me to move over to turbo-mopar here you go. lol

Resident Nuke Turbo Mopar Contributor denviola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyCharger85 View Post
    Well for all you guys that I met over the weekend. It was a great time. I can't wait until next weekend. And for all you guys that told me to move over to turbo-mopar here you go. lol
    Don't forget your local club, SV-TD.com

Denny
    SDAC Member, Steel City Chapter SDAC Member, SV-SDAC member, SV-TD Member
    www.sv-td.com
    85 600 ES Turbo Conv., 91 Spirit R/T
    2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Dually. 6.7 CTD, AISIN, 4.10 gear
    68 GS400 (owned since 1973, someday 455)
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    Denny for President in ‘08

Hey sorry I never got back to you but I never came back up to the TD area as I was busy at the time I bumped into you. :|

Oh well, I had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 1985ShlbyChrger View Post
    It was a friend of mine that bought the Spirit R/T. He paid $1200 for it. The O2 wires ended up falling on the swingvalve and burning through, causing them to short and take out a fusible link. He pulled the wires off the swingvalve, retaped them, put a new fusible link in it and started it up and drove it on the trailer. Not a bad deal, it's got some rust on the underside but new floorpans and it would be good to go.

Thats a VERY common problem with R/T's.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Blue Iroc R/T's Avatar

Thanks Denny for all your efforts in putting it all together. I enjoyed meeting you, your Wife and everyone else. Great time.

Here are some pics of my Iroc R/T in the Invitational Bldg.:
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/carlisle_2007_bldg_t

Here are pics of Mark’s Black Daytona (1st Plc. 90 & Up STOCK) and others:
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/carlisle_2007
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

Tow Vehicle/Daily Driver:
    02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/ralphs_dakota_quad_cab

Ralph you have a typo, Kelly G. has an IROC RT daytona not a Spirit as labeled in your photos.

Greg S.'s car is not actually a real GLHT, it is a Plymouth Horizon cloned to a GLHT, he did a fantastic job with that car. amazing cloning, none like it.

So they mis-classified an IROC in with the IROC R/T class? that's a shame but consistent w/ Carlisle....every year we see "shelby -inspired" cars classified as "shelby". oh well its all for fun, great pix! thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    Ralph you have a typo, Kelly G. has an IROC RT daytona not a Spirit as labeled in your photos.

Greg S.'s car is not actually a real GLHT, it is a Plymouth Horizon cloned to a GLHT, he did a fantastic job with that car. amazing cloning, none like it.

So they mis-classified an IROC in with the IROC R/T class? that's a shame but consistent w/ Carlisle....every year we see "shelby -inspired" cars classified as "shelby". oh well its all for fun, great pix! thanks.
    lol, Kelly is a man of many cars, he brought his Daily Driver Spirit R/T to this meet and took 3rd Place with it without even opening his hood. It IS
    a good looking daily driver.

I didn't realize (or remember) that Greg's car was a Horizon. I knew that he did a lot of work on it and it really looks good. I bet Jen's will also look good when they finish with it.

After some complaining to the Carlisle Staff, they did change the Classification on the Iroc To the 90 & Up FWD Stock Class, but didn't make him move. When the votes came in, the totaled them with the R/T class and gave him 2nd Place.
    The Iroc was TOTALLY Badged as a Iroc R/T. It was at Carlisle back in 2002 or 2003 and he was trying to pass it off as a Iroc R/T at that time also. But if you looked thru the Photo Book that he had in the back, he had before and after pics that showed the V6 Decal on the front quarter. I give the guy credit, he has done a LOT of work on it and to the unknowing, it may look nice. But, I personally don't care for the Mis-Representation of trying to pass it as a Iroc R/T. IF he would have swapped in a TIII engine and a A568, it would have came off much better with the R/T people. (or at least with me). I have nothinig against cloning a car. But don't just do the easy stuff by putting badges and decals on and not capturing the essence of what the car is about. i.e.; Greg's GLH Turbo, by all appearances, it is a GLH Turbo. He got the color correct, the engine/Tans is correct and the badging is correct. Cloning a car is one thing, but this was a total disregard for the car that he was trying to copy. It was a A604 Automatic, not even a 5 Speed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020095.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	4924  
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4

Kelly G also has a Spirit R/T? as Jonny Carson used to say, "...i did not know that..." thanx for clearing that up for me.

cloning is great, but....in a judged car show, one should respect the breed and make it clear: "this-is-an-X-cloning-a-Y."

Ralph were only Whittier-made cars in the Shelby class, or, did they allow all cars that were shelby and shelby inspired?

were you the only FWD car in the auditorium? if so: sweet move.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Mark, Kelly had the Spirit R/T at the meet we had at Cliff's a couple months back. I think he had just picked it up recently...
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

anybody other than MrOverkill get any pictures of my R/T? I didnt bring a camera was wondering. i wanted some for my own and some for Ralph's site

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    Ralph were only Whittier-made cars in the Shelby class, or, did they allow all cars that were shelby and shelby inspired?

were you the only FWD car in the auditorium? if so: sweet move.
    IIRC, For the most part the Shelby Class was all NUMBERED cars. However, a 89 Shelby Daytona did win 2nd place. Bill Schimeneck's Shelby Lancer and his Shelby Dakota took 1st and 3rd.
    http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/librar...nals%20Winners

Yes, my car was the ONLY FWD in the Invitational Bldg. It was also the cheapest vehicle in the Bldg. The Hemi Roadrunner that was directly behind me was purchased 3 years ago for $132K and had a FIRM offer of over $200K from someone at the show. I think the value of just about every other car in the bldg was near or over $100K. I was surprised at how many stopped to compliment the car and to take pictures. It was awesome.
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrempickup View Post
    anybody other than MrOverkill get any pictures of my R/T? I didnt bring a camera was wondering. i wanted some for my own and some for Ralph's site
    Tom I got three of them posted here:
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/image/82047334
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/image/82047335
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/image/82047335

I just haven't got them coppied to the R/T gallery yet. I may even have a couple more when I go thru them.

You can Right Click on the pic and "Save Picture As" to save it to your computer.
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4

Thanks Ralph, i'd like to have completed pictures up vs. last years wet paint pics with no decals.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast