Thread: Digital/Electronic AC & Heater Controls -- Swap into Daytona?

Lightbulb Digital/Electronic AC & Heater Controls -- Swap into Daytona?

Hi all! I'm back with another electronic question that hopefully someone can answer for me.

At the junkyard today, I found a Le Baron (Late eighties model due to the square dash and center console) which had a digital/electronic AC/Heater control located in the center of the dash. I took out the control module itself, and am planning on going back for the accompanying wiring harness. Reason being, I would like to hook this up into my Daytona. My question, however, is what does the other end of that wiring harness hook to? Will I be able to hook it to where it needs to go in my Daytona? I am asking this because it got dark before I could take the dashboard off to get to the wiring harness, but would really like to upgrade my heater control in my car with this type of setup! So, does this wiring harness connect via some sort of plug to either the heating condenser under the dash or even another part of the wiring harness, or do all of the wires become entangled into the large underdash wiring harness that goes through the firewall?

Thanks for your assistance!!!

Hybrid booster

Re: Digital/Electronic AC & Heater Controls -- Swap into Daytona?

http://www.roundededge.com/cip/xATC.html

that is a good site which lists what has to be done, at one time I was going to do this in one of my daytonas. I had the entire 88 lebaron dash harness as well, it looks like the wires are all integrated into the dash harness, it doesn't look too hard to do though. You also probably want to grab the entire heater box as it has all the door actuator stuff.

Thank you for the VERY HELPFUL site! This is more appealing to me now than it was a few hours ago when I first found this in the car. Kinda sucks that I would need the heater box too, ugh. I'd really hate to take the dash out of my Daytona They're a b!tch

I dont think you need to take the dash out, but it helps. I have all the parts in the basement right now. There is a sub harness that unplugs from the main harness. Let me know if you need pics. It might actually be easier to just swapp in the whole heater box, but that depends on how good you are at pulling your dash. The AC will have to be disconnected to remove the assembly, but hey its a great opertunity to replace your heater core.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568