Thread: Custom Cal G-Head 2.5 +20s 3bar

Hybrid booster

Custom Cal G-Head 2.5 +20s 3bar

I am almost ready to start making custom cals! A new Willem Enhanced EPROM burner in in the mail and should be here soon along with a ZIF socket. On my desk is a brand new 3bar map and spare 87 computer. I just cant wait to get it all in the Daytona.

Does anybody out there have a cal for a BathTub Head 2.5 that will load in D-Cal or MoparChem? If so could it please be emailed to me? ShelGame said he had a couple of cals but for 89 electronics. My car has 87 electronics.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Custom Cal G-Head 2.5 +20s 3bar

Actually ariesK just posted a cal or two for the 2.5. I believe that was with a swirl head, so you would have to change the spark curves a bit. The cal is posted on here and on moparchem.com.

Hybrid booster

I will download his cal soon. Perhaps it is possible to take the ariesK cal and add the spark curves from ShelGames 89 cal to make a G-Head 87 cal. I still can not register at the moparchem website I must be doing something wrong.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amcpacer View Post
    I will download his cal soon. Perhaps it is possible to take the ariesK cal and add the spark curves from ShelGames 89 cal to make a G-Head 87 cal. I still can not register at the moparchem website I must be doing something wrong.
    Try shooting Geoff an email. I think it is geoff@moparchem.com if you absolutly can't figure it out. If there is a cal out there for a G-head 2.5, then I would definatly start by copying those spark tables into the 87 cal.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i have g head curves for that cal that I can add. im not at home though so it will be a few days. id try the latest revision though unless you have some flow mods.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Hybrid booster

Excellent! Geoff set me up with a login. Apparently there was a problem with the server when I tried to sign up.

Now I must get the custom cals together for the G-Head 2.5. I am wondering if the 85 model year G-Head spark curves would be compatible since they were originally for a 2.2. The 2.5 would probably need more spark advance at very high RPMs and less down low. And then there is fuel! It sounds like I should have swapped 89 electronics in the Daytona when I had a chance but it looks like 87 electronics are here to stay.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Here's the 2.5, G-Head, 3-Bar, +40, SMEC cal I built for Simon. Feel free to use it as a starting point. It's setup for race gas, though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by amcpacer View Post
    Excellent! Geoff set me up with a login. Apparently there was a problem with the server when I tried to sign up.

Now I must get the custom cals together for the G-Head 2.5. I am wondering if the 85 model year G-Head spark curves would be compatible since they were originally for a 2.2. The 2.5 would probably need more spark advance at very high RPMs and less down low. And then there is fuel! It sounds like I should have swapped 89 electronics in the Daytona when I had a chance but it looks like 87 electronics are here to stay.
    yeah the 85 curves are a good start, they just have a few less data points than the later ones i think. you can use them as a starting guide. when I get home tomorrow I'll upload something for you to take a look at. if i forget, PM me.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...072#post112072

amcpacer... its for +40's but you can scale it to +20's. lemme know if you have any problems.

Brian

Hybrid booster

Thank you so much Aries_Turbo! That is the greatest help of all time! It may be a couple of weeks before I get to try it because I am waiting on a replacement turbo in the mail currently. My turbo failed but I have a brand new 63A/R exhaust housing from TU ready to go on the replacement.

When I use the cal I will definitely post about it.

no problem, just remember to go slow when tuning.

Brian