Thread: Fuel pump not working..

Hybrid booster

Fuel pump not working..

Ok I bought a walbro 255 pump to replace the intank & inline pump with a single pump in my shelby charger. After I disconnected the inline pump I turned the key on to see if the intank pump was working and to try and drain some remaining gas out of the tank. I did this twice and the intank pump turned on both times, (maybe a 3rd time too I forget).. Then the final time I did it, the pump didn't turn on. So I just kinda ignored it and kept going on. Replaced the intank pump with my walbro, got everything back together and such. Now when I turn the key to the on position I get nothing. Pump isn't priming or anything.

Does the LM only allow the pump to prime 3 times in a row before the car actually runs? If I disconnect the battery for a while to reset the LM will that work?

Should the pump be getting 12 volts with the key in the on position? To make the pump prime the system?

I really don't get why it would have worked two or three times then stop, and now that I replaced it nothing..

Edit: Oh yea. I checked the voltage going TO the pump with the key on and it's only receiving 6 volts. It should be receiving 12 right? The tank in my car is almost completely empty, but it sould still prime should it not?

I also checked the voltage for the power supply to the in-line pump which is no longer being used btu I checked anyways, and that is only receiving 1 volt with the key on.. Wtf?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Fuel pump not working..

My pump will only prime a couple of times before it will have to sit for a bit to do it again. If you could hear it pumping that is probably what happened. You did remove the inline pump correct? That will be a restriction if you leave it in there and bad things will happen.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    My pump will only prime a couple of times before it will have to sit for a bit to do it again. If you could hear it pumping that is probably what happened. You did remove the inline pump correct? That will be a restriction if you leave it in there and bad things will happen.
    I removed the inline pump completely and went only with the walbro255 intank pump.

I heard it pumping origionally, it did it 3 times or so then stopped and now won't once I turn the ignition on. I'm thinking it's something to do with the computer not allowing it to keep priming over and over and over. So I've disconnected the battery for a bit to hopefully reset the computer so I can try it again... We'll see I guess?

Hybrid booster

Alright, after leaving the battery disconnected for 20 minutes or so I guess the computer reset allowing the pump to run, got everything going again. Thanks