1. Brake & Wheel Systems
  2. Shelby Lancer Rear Brakes - Alternative

I did some digging and found that the rear calipers from an 89' Daytona ES can work on the Shelby Lancer. Make sure they are for brakes with a "drum" style E-Brake.

Part numbers from Carquest.
  • Rear rotors - #5345
  • Calipers rear driver side - CLP-18-4304
  • Calipers rear passenger side - CLP-18-4303
  • Brake pads (semi metallic) - FRI-RMD559

There were some modifications to the Calipers that were needed to work. The sotck brakes on the SL had 3/8-16 sliders. The calipers from carquest came with metric bolts with hollow sliders.

I put the hollow sliders on a drill press and hogged them out to 3/8 to accept a 3/8 bolt. Make sure you use a sharp rill bit and slow the drill press down. There are hardened and will eat up a drill bit fast! Make sure you use plenty of cutting oil. The bolts that come with the new brakes are a grade 10 bolt. Makes sure you get a 3/8-16 grade 10 bolt if you can (I used grade 8 bolts because that's what I had)

The new caliper are a little wider for a vented disc I believe. When you are finished installing them and have the brakes bled the caliper tightens down on the rotor and fits perfect. As long as the pads are on the guides you should have a problem as the won't open up any further.
Tags:

This page has been seen 2,011 times.

• Last updated by on