Conversation Between glhturbo1985 and Marcus86GLHS

2 Visitor Messages

1. I must have missed you at SDAC 18, or was blind to your appearance. I hope you and your S car make it to OH for 19 this year! Thanks for the compliments. Your car is quite nice looking as well. It seems as if the two of us, with a select few others in the community know how tedious the detailing and all really is and we all appreciate the work involved to a greater extent than the rest.

Hope to see you around.
  2. Thank you for the very nice intro and write up. Glad you returned from Iraq safe and sound! And thanx for your service also.

I saw your 85 GLHT last summer (in pix) as a buddy of mine attended the SDAC that day and sent pix and as soon as i saw it i said, "there's your L body winner!" You did a fantastic job, not only quality body work and paint, which we see a lot, but the thoughtful engineering to the engine bay area is very uncommon in our cimmunity and I have to say I am impressed bigtime. Well earned and deserved awards I am sure there are lots more to come.

I too am an engineer, I received my BS in Aircraft Engineering from WMU in 1987, worked as a Project Engineer and Engineering Manager at a large aerospace company specializing in jet engine research. In 1993, I quit to start my own company. That company is called RMI and has been in business since 1993, we design and manufacture parts for commercial jet engines, mainly the CFM56 that powers all the Boeing 737's out there plus other models like the Airbus A320. Engineering is a great profession glad you are pursuing it also.

I hope to meet you and see your omni in person this year as i do plan on attending the 2008 SDAC event for the first time ever. And I hope we can also see your omni take a stab at the quarter mile, with your setup thats a 12 second car for sure.

-mark
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2