PDA

View Full Version : Charger Dash Removal

CDNTurboZ
12-21-2006, 08:52 PM
While gutting the charger's engine bay for paint tonight, (there is sand everywhere, I can now say for sure it was from texas lol) I had to go inside the car to unhook the engine harness.
On the passenger side kinda right along the lip of the wheel well the seam sealer is cracked a bit and there is some surface rust. I want to fix this now before it starts to rot out......

Is it a pain to remove and reinstall the dash??
Now I have taken a dash out of a daytona, but I have never had experience putting it back in, and l-bodies always seem to be different:lol:

GLHS592
12-21-2006, 09:23 PM
It's pretty easy. First, drop the steering column. Then, take the panel off that has the defrost vents in it. You will need to to that in order to remove the 5 or so screws at the base of the windshield. Take those 5 screws out first and let the dash rotate on the bottom screws under the dash. There is one on each end. You will then see what should be disconnected. I took all the wiring off the back of the dash then picked the dash up off the bottom screws.

CDNTurboZ
12-21-2006, 09:30 PM
ugh.... this is like the Turbo Z all over again:(

rare mopar
01-01-2007, 03:01 AM
hi charles i have a super rare 1983 dodge shelby rampage and i am looking for parts from a shelby charger dash /body kit /seat /subframe /frontend /door /panels/inside door lock knobs/engine bearing the shelby logo/rearaxle /wheels /trans auto /t3turbo /if any body has any of these partslet me know

rare_ram
01-01-2007, 09:51 AM
hi charles i have a super rare 1983 dodge shelby rampage and i am looking for parts from a shelby charger dash /body kit /seat /subframe /frontend /door /panels/inside door lock knobs/engine bearing the shelby logo/rearaxle /wheels /trans auto /t3turbo /if any body has any of these partslet me know
Got pics? Since they never made a Shelby Rampage it must be a modded car. I'm parting out an 86 Charger to Shelby my 82 Page and have lots of extra parts. Where are you located?