PDA

View Full Version : Punishing the van's tires

Dave
12-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Out for a little fun last night, picking on some people in the van. Went to the local "hangout" at Taco Bell. There were a bunch of people there. It was my two friends and I trying to get a race. Finally a ----y, excited Honda boyee calls me over and pops his hood.... Ooooh! A CAI intake and headers... get under it... okay headers that go into the STOCK exhaust. :rolleyes: So I say okay let's do it. After all his friends tell them him about the Greens' crappy turbos he all of a sudden says, uh I don't want to get busted and go back to jail.

So at the end of the night I really only raced some red Grand Am, he tried passing me but not tonight. :nod:

Anyways here's a video of the boredom:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vCh3Ep9x2KM

roachjuice
12-22-2006, 03:09 AM
Out for a little fun last night, picking on some people in the van. Went to the local "hangout" at Taco Bell. There were a bunch of people there. It was my two friends and I trying to get a race. Finally a ----y, excited Honda boyee calls me over and pops his hood.... Ooooh! A CAI intake and headers... get under it... okay headers that go into the STOCK exhaust. :rolleyes: So I say okay let's do it. After all his friends tell them him about the Greens' crappy turbos he all of a sudden says, uh I don't want to get busted and go back to jail.

So at the end of the night I really only raced some red Grand Am, he tried passing me but not tonight. :nod:

Anyways here's a video of the boredom:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vCh3Ep9x2KM

how do you get a seized wastegate???

Dave
12-22-2006, 10:21 AM
You get a lot of seized everything when a car sits for over a year. :rolleyes: A few other people have experienced "stuck" wastegates. Basically the flapper door either internally or externally gets rotted to the housing. I'll know more in a few hours as the head is coming off once I get THE OTHER! seized bolts out from the crank pulley and turbo bracket.

WVRampage
12-22-2006, 06:11 PM
I had this problem spray some PB on the swing valve,and use a small cresant wrench to wiggle it back and forth it will work great same as I did on my rampage.

Dave
12-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Took the head off today and the WG is severely seized. F&*ck it, I just replaced it with another used mitsu.

BARRON
12-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Lets rename this.. punishing the van's INTERNALS!!

...now where is my big "stupid stick"?... I have needs to smite someone with it.

Dave
12-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey everything looks good, so eat me. :p I'm trying to buy my dad's T2 intercooler off him until I can gather up $300 for a FMIC and pipes.

BARRON
12-25-2006, 12:23 PM
..it detonated that much and didnt bust pistons? rings?

I am thinking the head gasket just went and the detonation thing was from the previous owner?

DodgeZ
12-25-2006, 01:19 PM
poor van....

Dave
12-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Barron, what detonation? I heard it knocking too, but I see no detonation. The pics I showed you the other night isn't detonation. Looks like something got loose in the cylinders, anyways I sanded it down and it's fine again.