PDA

View Full Version : FWDP Turbo Warranty Replacement

Rick
12-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Without getting in to great detail I purchased a reman T2 turbo from FWDP which lasted all of 650 miles bolted on my new engine.

I spoke w/Cindy and I shipped the turbo back via UPS second day air on 10/26. tracking # 1Z1V02X10242386729

I've called twice; one to make sure she had it in her hands and the second to find out the status.....and have yet to hear anything about the replacement of my turbo.

Sorry to bring this to the board but this is absolutely insane.

I'm glad I own 4 daily drivers and can drive a company demo.

Frank
12-19-2006, 04:33 PM
You should call her more then just twice. Bug her.

Rick
12-19-2006, 04:40 PM
You should call her more then just twice. Bug her.

Whats the use?

If you only knew what I went through to get the freaking turbo to my door!

My turbo or refund is all I ask.

Frank
12-19-2006, 04:43 PM
The use is your money is tied up... I would call and do what is need to achieve my money or my turbo. I dont think she is a crook. Call her and keep calling her until you can physically talk to her. Be kind about it, and insist she 2 day your turbo back when rebuilt and rebuilt pretty darn soon.

Frank

Rick
12-19-2006, 04:49 PM
The use is your money is tied up... I would call and do what is need to achieve my money or my turbo. I dont think she is a crook. Call her and keep calling her until you can physically talk to her. Be kind about it, and insist she 2 day your turbo back when rebuilt and rebuilt pretty darn soon.

Frank

Your right, I do have $$ tied up. Is that what bothers me?....nope. Did I say she was a crook?....nope.

What bugs me is I shouldn't have to call my vendor to "bug" them to get my goods. Did they have to call me and bug me for payment?.....nope.

She'll respond here, the problem will get resolved.....I guarantee it. No need to hash it over.

Frank
12-19-2006, 05:00 PM
No problem. Just offering some help.

Well since she is not a vendor here, she can respond to your TD thread linked here: http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128117.

Good luck and happy holidays.

Rick
12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Just hung up the phone with Cindy.

Turbo is being refunded and I'm out a T2 core. :eek:

Not 100% happy but Problem solved. :amen:

Rick
12-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Well in closing I just hope this thread helps the next buyer make an informed decision.

The above was my experience... yours may vary.

Dave
12-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Yah you really gotta bug her. It's hard to get in touch with her sometimes, but she's always been great to me and my family. I love doing business with her.

BoostedL
12-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Interesting. TD removed the thread. WTF.

Rick
12-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Interesting. TD removed the thread. WTF.

That was per my request.

There was a problem with a mod who decided to edit the content of the thread which totally took away from the value of it.

The mod was banned and life is now good.

Rick
12-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Yah you really gotta bug her. It's hard to get in touch with her sometimes, but she's always been great to me and my family. I love doing business with her.

I never had a problem getting her on the phone.

My problem was service plain and simple.

First off it took 90+ plus days for me to get my turbo returned. During this time I called her several times and heard a host of what I call excuses as to why it was taking so long. I assumed she had turbos on the shelf and my core would go into her core pool to be rebuilt. When she corrected me on her process of rebuilt turbo sales I was told I would be getting MY turbo back and that was why it took so long.

Well after many calls I finally had a turbo at my door step. I was told the turbo was being sent directly from her vendor which I understand is in CA…well Boys and Girls the box I had at my front door had a “shipped from” address of FWDP in Texas….does her vendor use her FedEx account to ship??…I don’t know, but feeling as if I had been fibbed to I ran the tracking # the package never originated from or even went through CA. huuum……

After quickly looking over my “new” turbo I took it out to my shop and set it aside till I had more time to get it set up and bolted to my fresh engine. Well time came to set up the turbo with the new lines and fittings I noticed this wasn’t the turbo I had shipped to her to begin with. My turbo had the small “vacuum” fittings on the compressor and this one didn’t. Was my compressor housing accidentally put on someone else’s turbo or did I get some other persons headaches? Huuum…..

At this point I felt fibbed to. I had waited all this time for MY turbo to be returned to me only to find out the turbo I was bolting to my engine wasn’t what I had shipped out….don’t forget boys and girls, that tracking number I ran above… I was made to believe "MY" turbo was being shipped directly from her vendor.....

Now 650 miles into this reman unit it craps the bed…..big time. I ship the thing back 2nd day air talk to Cindy twice and wait for a response….60 days later I start this thread.

I've been in the parts business for some time and I have NEVER had to bug a vendor of mine to get something accomplished. That’s simply a cop out for their inability to properly do business.

Cindy and I spoke, the dirty laundry was aired.

My whole purpose of even starting the thread was to inform others that turbo dealings with her could be very time consuming and frustrating. I’m sure I’m not the first to experience this with FWDP.

Clay
12-21-2006, 12:46 PM
This sucks..... sounds like your still owed a core, or at least a refund of the core charge, which isnt chump change.

BoostedL
12-21-2006, 01:09 PM
That was per my request.

There was a problem with a mod who decided to edit the content of the thread which totally took away from the value of it.

The mod was banned and life is now good.

Fair enough.

A mod was banned..WOW.

turbovanman²
12-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Fair enough.

A mod was banned..WOW.

Well, he's not really a mod, it was a default somehow. Oh well, he won't be back for along time or never. He must be going nuts but hey, when you mess people around like that, you deserve it.

Rick
12-21-2006, 02:53 PM
This sucks..... sounds like your still owed a core, or at least a refund of the core charge, which isnt chump change.

Technically yes.

I asked about some sort of compensation for my “core” and she said there was nothing she could do. :confused:

90Dodgevnt
12-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Technically yes.

I asked about some sort of compensation for my “core” and she said there was nothing she could do. :confused:

Now THAT is Customer Service!:rolleyes:

travis_k
12-21-2006, 11:01 PM
I have bought alot of stuff from FWD performance and been mostly happy with it, but I would have to say it is better to buy only things that you know are exactly what you need, and you wont need to return for any reason. I dont think refuising to return the turbo core charge is acceptable though, i know if i buy a turbo id be going elsewhere after seeing this thread.

turbovanman²
12-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Technically yes.

Wow, that sucks! :banghead:

glhs727
12-22-2006, 01:09 AM
I spoke with Rick yesterday on the telephone. When we hung up, I thought things were settled but apparently from reading Rick's post they aren't.

Just to clarify a few things:

I do not appreciate the snipe made by Butch Suppe about our turbo lines. They have served many people well for several years so it’s just ignorant to make such uninformed remark. It wasn’t mentioned as a cause. Did Rick even say of he was using our lines? So why is that post even here? Moderators?

Then Mike Zajac (90dodgevnt), a known thief, makes a snide remark about our customer service. Funny that guy ripped us off for $1800 three years ago after we stupidly trusted him to make payments on all the work and parts he stole from us. Guys like him make it hard to trust people.

Some of our vendors like our turbo guy, our transmission guy (Cliff R.), Andre and Wallace at LW use our FEDEX account to ship our products. SO even if it did not come from US in TEXAS, if our account was used the printed label, etc... from FEDEX would list us as the sender. Drop shipping is a common practice. I do not appreciate the implication that we lied about where it came from.

I did not refund his core charge because WE NEVER CHARGED him for a core. I would have exchanged his failed turbo, but he wanted a refund. So that is what he got. What else can we do?

We have thousands of transactions per year. The vast majority work out great, people get great service, great products at great prices. On the rare occasion there is an issue and we try our best to resolve it quickly and to the customer's satisfaction. In this case we thought we had it settled between us only to have it dragged out again in this forum. It sucks that I have to spend my time before Christmas answering to this BS.

If Rick has any remaining issues, then he should call ME. The rest of you should pipe down and mind your own business! Or isn’t there a rule on this forum that if you are NOT involved in the transaction, you shouldn’t post?
Thanks,
Cindy

turbovanman²
12-22-2006, 03:15 AM
I spoke with Rick yesterday on the telephone. When we hung up, I thought things were settled but apparently from reading Rick's post they aren't.

I do not appreciate the snipe made by Butch Suppe about our turbo lines. They have served many people well for several years so it’s just ignorant to make such uninformed remark. It wasn’t mentioned as a cause. Did Rick even say of he was using our lines? So why is that post even here? Moderators?

Then Mike Zajac (90dodgevnt), a known thief, makes a snide remark about our customer service. Funny that guy ripped us off for $1800 three years ago after we stupidly trusted him to make payments on all the work and parts he stole from us. Guys like him make it hard to trust people.

Some of our vendors like our turbo guy, our transmission guy (Cliff R.), Andre and Wallace at LW use our FEDEX account to ship our products. SO even if it did not come from US in TEXAS, if our account was used the printed label, etc... from FEDEX would list us as the sender. Drop shipping is a common practice. I do not appreciate the implication that we lied about where it came from.

I did not refund his core charge because WE NEVER CHARGED him for a core. I would have exchanged his failed turbo, but he wanted a refund. So that is what he got. What else can we do?

We have thousands of transactions per year. The vast majority work out great, people get great service, great products at great prices. On the rare occasion there is an issue and we try our best to resolve it quickly and to the customer's satisfaction. In this case we thought we had it settled between us only to have it dragged out again in this forum. It sucks that I have to spend my time before Christmas answering to this BS.

If Rick has any remaining issues, then he should call ME. The rest of you should pipe down and mind your own business! Or isn’t there a rule on this forum that if you are NOT involved in the transaction, you shouldn’t post?
Thanks,
Cindy

Some points well taken, I will clean it up. As for your remarks about "this forum" isn't that calling the kettle black? sorry but don't bash people posting then bash TM for this thread. How would we know 90VNT ripped you off, if its that old, we would have no idea? If you hadn't noticed, we didn't start this thread and Una destroyed his last thread on TD. Rick posted this thread as he's unhappy, and brought up points to which have been answered. Why snap at us?

BTW, Merry Christmas, :D

Rick
12-22-2006, 08:48 AM

I never mentioned this but I am running FWDP's lines. If the oil feed is inadequate then Butch Suppe is making a valid point. The mitsu has been running fine for the past 2k+ miles on the FWDP oil feed.

Not sure of the details of your transaction with this person and at this point I don't really care.

Drop shipping is not new to me either. I went the extra mile to run the tracking # on the box left at my door and it showed no activity in CA. It showed being picked up in TX.

I've let others use my UPS account in the past and wherever the package is picked up.... no matter who’s account is being used... will show the city that is was actually picked up in....I guess FexEx is different which really don't make much sense....O and since were on the topic of where my package originated from.....the newspapers it was packed in were TEXAS newspapers... I guess you supply your rebuilder with TEXAS papers for packing? O yeah, that box I got had never been opened, was in great shape and only had one adderss label ever applied to it. Makes me think YOU shipped ME the turbo from YOUR warehouse!

The refund flew out of your mouth. I was willing to do some horse trading as the $$$$ wasn't my issue. In regard to the core... you have my core... and the next person wanting a reman T2 turbo who don't have a core will be paying a charge....and possibly getting MY CORE which you have NOT ONE RED CENT INTO!!!!! Again not a $$ issue with me...it keep the damn core and the $$.

Cindy, you don't even want me to start harping about my ENTIRE TRANSACTION with YOU. My problems did not start or stop with the turbo!!!
*Pistons?
*Unbalanced rods?
*Piss poor packaging?
*Never returned my 2.25" SW as promised
*Delays, Delays Delays!!!!!

Thanks,
Cindy

After having to post this my calls to FWDP are DONE! I'm not going to deal with a company I have to BUG to get parts.

Frank
12-22-2006, 10:38 AM
I should have closed this thread when I made post #5. Man do I wish I had. This has caused too much drama. Let it be a lesson to all on how to handle what to say, when you say it, etc.

This thread is a burnt turkey!

Frank