PDA

View Full Version : Attn: L-body owners with aftermarket steering wheel.

Turbo_Rampage
12-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Hey, I'm going to be putting an aftermarket steering wheel in my Rampage, and i was wondering what size of spacer you have to use to clear the steering wheel from hitting the dash? I will be using the Grant steering wheel adapter as well as the spacer they sell.. I think their is a 2" spacer as well as a 4". I would try and measure the factory steering wheel on my Rampage to give me an idea, but the car is kind of buried at the moment.

Does anyone have any pics of an aftermarket steering wheel in an L-body?

Thanks in advance

WVRampage
12-19-2006, 12:19 PM
I have a grant on my rampage and Im only using there 2" spacer and the wheel its self has a small spacer on the back of it,Im using on off the sigature series wheels with the mopar horn buton also.It fits great.If my car wasnt buried in the garage right now Id get a pic for you so you could see how it looks.

Turbo_Rampage
12-19-2006, 09:28 PM
I have a grant on my rampage and Im only using there 2" spacer and the wheel its self has a small spacer on the back of it,Im using on off the sigature series wheels with the mopar horn buton also.It fits great.If my car wasnt buried in the garage right now Id get a pic for you so you could see how it looks.

Thanks for the info! I will get the 2" spacer then.. how much room do you have between the wheel and the dash with that spacer?

cordes
12-19-2006, 10:33 PM
My wheel is on there with a 2-3" spacer ( don't know for sure, but it certainly is not 4") and there is plenty of room for my big fingers.

WVRampage
12-19-2006, 11:31 PM
theres more rome than stock I belive.