PDA

View Full Version : Car boosts to like 3 PSI

boostboy
12-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Ok, so I just got the turbo sorted out on my car and put a new head gasket on it. I drive the car home from work and about half way home, the car comes up with a check engine light. I pulll the codes, its the TPS I just put in there (Mopar one) So I disconnect it and the battery and leave the car for a bit. I come back to it, and now it will only boost to like 3 PSI. It was boosting like it should on the way home, now its not? Any ideas what may be going on?

Oh its a 90 Shadow VNT

Dave
12-18-2006, 11:45 PM
It could still be in limp mode... do you mean it cuts out at 3psi, or does it slowly spool to 3psi? I'd start checking vaccum lines.

jre97
12-19-2006, 02:49 AM
What kind of boost controller do you use? I know if I bump the knob on mine it messes with it.

Whorse
12-19-2006, 03:04 AM
Pretty sure his is stock. There are two vacuum lines on the Vane Actuator (Same as the Wastegate Can Pretty Much). Check those lines. They each go to a solenoid on the passenger side of your car. If the lines are stock, there's a good chance the nylon ones are cracked. If you have any, temporarily check both those lines with a rubber hose, and make sure they're on the right spot.