PDA

View Full Version : Indy Guys Here: Location??

3Bar_Mopar
12-18-2006, 12:55 AM
This thread is to find out where the Indy guys are from exactly, and where everyone is willing to travel to for a meeting.

I'm in Greencastle, near Terre Haute..
Indy is the center of the state and has plenty of places to go, like Hooters, BW3's, TGI, etc... There are even some parks we can go to and have a pitch-in cook out, line the cars up for pictures and shoot the breeze. Greenwood has a wonderful park right along Main St. That's just my suggestion. Thought's on Indianapolis?
Once we find out "where", we can plan on a place and a time to meet up.
I want to get this ball rolling for something in early Spring....an April or May weekend.:thumb:

cordes
12-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Heck, I could make it to terre haute faster than I could chi town.

moparman76_69
12-18-2006, 01:10 AM
I live like a block from Garfield park in Indy, it's a good sized place for a get-together.

3Bar_Mopar
12-18-2006, 01:18 AM
I live like a block from Garfield park in Indy, it's a good sized place for a get-together.

What's Garfield Park like on weekend when it's nice out? Been YEARS since I was there last!

This is a start! woo hoo!:D

3Bar_Mopar
12-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Heck, I could make it to terre haute faster than I could chi town.
Would you have a problem driving to Indianapolis?

moparman76_69
12-18-2006, 07:33 AM
What's Garfield Park like on weekend when it's nice out? Been YEARS since I was there last!

During the summer i noticed alot of families go to the playground but its a pretty good sized park so getting over to where there aren't so many people shouldn't be a problem I would think.

Blue Iroc R/T
12-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Even though I am from Akron (for the last 30+yrs), I am originally from Greenfield. My Dad still lives in Indianapolis on East 10th St. & I get over there 5 or 6 tmes a Summer. I always keep a watch for things going on in the Indy area and have attended a few Mopar Shows when visiting my Dad. So, if you get something going, I might drop in once in a while. My R/T has made the trip to Indy several times.

Clay
12-18-2006, 10:12 AM
You KNOWSSSSSSSS Im up for anything!

3Bar_Mopar
12-18-2006, 02:51 PM
OK, so is Garfield Park cool with everyone??

I'll let this post go maybe a day or two more and see if or what anyone else has to say and we'll go from there!:thumb:

3Bar_Mopar
12-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Even though I am from Akron (for the last 30+yrs), I am originally from Greenfield. My Dad still lives in Indianapolis on East 10th St. & I get over there 5 or 6 tmes a Summer. I always keep a watch for things going on in the Indy area and have attended a few Mopar Shows when visiting my Dad. So, if you get something going, I might drop in once in a while. My R/T has made the trip to Indy several times.

We'd love to have ya man!

88_pacifica
12-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Ok, but Garfield park is a "rougher" area these days. I don't care though, but that's just an FYI. I like the bigger parks thet are closer to the outskirts so you can "open" up the cars a little bit like let's say... Eagle Creek or something. You're like 5 min from the "country" and the cop count is a little lower now that we're "metro pd" now out there. ;) Does this make sense? you know there has to be a little tire turnin'. Lets get some more opinions... :D

cordes
12-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Would you have a problem driving to Indianapolis?

It would be realtivly rare. My mom actually lives there and I don't make it over that way much. I might do it on occasion though.

moparman76_69
12-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Ok, but Garfield park is a "rougher" area these days.

so you're saying i live in a bad neighborhood?

and who says you can't "open" up the cars a little, you must not have seen that police chase on the news couple of weeks ago. Went straight through the park and ended at carson and troy.

We could always do like the cool kids that drive their misterbitchis and honduhs and hang out in the DAV parking lot friday night.

88_pacifica
12-19-2006, 10:02 PM
We could always do like the cool kids that drive their misterbitchis and honduhs and hang out in the DAV parking lot friday night.

Haaaa... that's true! I guess if it's in the day it wouldn't be that bad. I used to have a lot of friends in that neighborhood and whenever we went over there they would ----- about the crime and general "disrepair." No offense meant so don't take it that way. :(I was just more keyed in on a point where we won't have to deal with the new Metro PD.

3Bar_Mopar
12-20-2006, 12:01 AM
I know I've said it already and hate to sound like a broken record, but the park I mentioned in Greenwood is very nice with a HUGE park located right along side Main St. where everyone who drives by can perfectly see our cars lined up.
Also...there's a small trail that goes back from the main parking lot to the actual park where there are picnic tables and grills.
It's a very nice park and the area is extremely low on crime, which means cops are rare. :amen:

88_pacifica
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
It's a very nice park and the area is extremely low on crime, which means cops are rare. :amen:

Agreed, I second the motion...:thumb:

moparman76_69
12-20-2006, 06:56 PM
We could always sneak into the speedway one night.... :evil:

88_pacifica
12-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Actually, the stretch of road behind IRP... hmmmm... Clermont doesn't any FT officers since they're all reserve cops. Hell, there's only one two cars for that whole town anyway. ANd the countiy mounties anre never around and to top it all off it's pretty rural. hmmmm, probably get me in trouble just thinking about it..

3Bar_Mopar
12-21-2006, 11:04 PM
yeah.................lol

3Bar_Mopar
12-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Ok....so is everyone cool with the park in Greenwood?

moparman76_69
12-21-2006, 11:14 PM
works for me

88_pacifica
12-22-2006, 10:48 AM
yep, I'm game...

3Bar_Mopar
12-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Clay? Fleck? Anyone else??

fleckster
12-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Well you haven't defined a date or time so it's kind of hard to commit to anything...

3Bar_Mopar
12-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Well you haven't defined a date or time so it's kind of hard to commit to anything...

Well...not yet...I'm making sure everyone is cool with the location first. If it's kosher with everyone, then I plan a date and time....

saw wave analog
12-25-2006, 08:24 PM
im in south bend with an omni

i pass through indy from time to time when im going to visit people in bloomington, i might be able to combine a b town trip with a td gathering in indy.. never really gotten to hang out with any other td owners before, im the only active one around here

will you guys be meeting anywhere that is street racing friendly?

not that i condone anything illegal. that would be amoral.

:)

3Bar_Mopar
12-26-2006, 02:15 PM
im in south bend with an omni

i pass through indy from time to time when im going to visit people in bloomington, i might be able to combine a b town trip with a td gathering in indy.. never really gotten to hang out with any other td owners before, im the only active one around here

will you guys be meeting anywhere that is street racing friendly?

not that i condone anything illegal. that would be amoral.

:)

Usually it's not hard to find some action on US 31 in the area on Saturday night, just be careful.

stargazer7467
12-29-2006, 04:30 AM
Im from Muncie/New Castle area, Id be up for a trip to Greenwood, ususally down there every other weekend or so with our car club.

WickedShelby88
12-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a good lo-cal. Im from greenfield originally and have family in the city. I was wanting to do something similar myself, but with my son and both of us working I havent had much free time to plan an event.

uwilluz
01-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm living right off of Allisonville and Kessler. My g/f lives down in Greenwood one road off of US 31 (Banta) so I know where to meet up at least!

Devon, is 31 the area we were racing on that night in my old Daytona? I can't remember, it's been like three years!

WickedShelby88
01-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Madison is a popular street for racers as well.

3Bar_Mopar
01-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Devon, is 31 the area we were racing on that night in my old Daytona? I can't remember, it's been like three years!

Yeah, that's the one!

moparman76_69
01-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Madison is a popular street for racers as well.

Yeah i get to listen to the ricer fly-bys every friday and saturday :rolleyes:

WickedShelby88
01-14-2007, 11:54 PM
They love my SVO mustang when I had it.. He he .. were they surprised when they heard her wind out with that 3" straight pipe. Car ran 13's on pump gas at only 18 psi.