PDA

View Full Version : Gasket Set for a complete rebuild.

85_600
01-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Is there a gasket set that anyone recommends for a rebuild of an 85 2.2 T1? I'm looking around for the best prices and there are some out there but I want to make sure I can get the one that alot of people use for their rebuilds.

Also, since I don't quite know what caused this compression problem ( possibly fuel related ) I'm going to replace the injectors, fpr, filter and pump. For the pump I'd like to use the Walbro one listed on the APE site. Is this pump a "drop in" for the stock one or is there some other modifications that are needed?

Thanks..

GLHSKEN
01-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Bottom line.. Use a walbro 255 pump.

TU sells gasket sets for rebuilds at competitive prices. He can get you any set you want even if it is not listed on his site.

GLHSKEN
01-14-2006, 09:27 PM
The walbro is pretty much a drop in... contact me after you get it and I'll fill you in. EASY job. the only thing that doesn't fit 100% is the stock LOCK retainer for the pump... not needed...

turbovanmanČ
01-15-2006, 05:45 AM
Use new head bolts and have the block drilled to 11mm, and then use a MP head gasket.

TopDollar69
01-23-2006, 06:36 PM
I like to get a Fel Pro gasket set, and then purchase a mopar headgasket to go with it. Its the only way Ive found to get all the gaskets you need for a complete rebuild. One thing I would not suggest doing is buying the mopar gasket set from FWD performance, as it is just a repackaged felpro set except it doesnt come with all the gaskets you need and it has a crappy fel pro headgasket. Im still a little peeved about that one.

5sp. mini
01-24-2006, 08:34 AM
pm me i have a fed mul guy in cleveland that i get parts from i can get a fel pro set at cost / and you need a cherry picker too?AL

turbovanmanČ
01-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Doesn't matter guys, he is selling the car.

cordes
01-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Doesn't matter guys, he is selling the car.

I was hoping that would not happen. He seemed like a good guy that would be a reall asset to the community.:(