PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen. Neon Center Console in a Daytona?

DC Turismo
12-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Would this work if one were to swap it out? Reason being, after looking at one, I'm thinking about trying a swap so I could have cupholders! HAHA Thoughts?

Mario
12-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Try it?

DC Turismo
12-18-2006, 01:23 AM
Try it?

I'm asking if anyone has tried it or not. I'd rather see opinions on this before I go tearing everything out of my car and risk breaking any of it.

Any other helpful thoughts?

1985ShlbyChrger
12-18-2006, 01:57 PM
I know that a Neon console works in an L body if you want cupholders that work and after you swap to a cable shifted trans but move it from the stock position.

I would think it should also work in a Daytona. They kind of have a smiliar shape. I would say go for it. But maybe someone else does have experience so you don't break your Daytona up.

contraption22
12-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Make up some brackets I don't see why not.

TurbododgePirate
12-20-2006, 04:51 PM
I know that a Neon console works in an L body if you want cupholders that work and after you swap to a cable shifted trans but move it from the stock position.

I would think it should also work in a Daytona. They kind of have a smiliar shape. I would say go for it. But maybe someone else does have experience so you don't break your Daytona up.

I would ike more info/pics.~~Heath

MtOliverAuto
12-28-2006, 03:03 AM
I have a 1st gen neon console in my spirit. It fits right up under the ash tray. To install it in the 90 & up daytona you'll have to also swap the hand brake assy but use the daytona cables and you'll need the shifter from the neon. 1st and 2nd gen shifters are different shapes and need the match the console but mount the same underneath. Or you could us your shifter and a stick boot from the neon. Your going to have some trouble matching the (neon) console to the (daytona) dash. The center section on the daytona comes down and meet with the ashtray in the console. In my spirit, it was a bench seat car and the dash just ends.

John

TurbododgePirate
12-28-2006, 02:38 PM

Do you have to remove the section with the map light and ashtray for it to fit in a L body?

1985ShlbyChrger
12-31-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm not 100% sure. I didn't have the dash together when I just fit it in there. I ended up using the stock console since I mounted the shifter in the stock location.

I know of a friend that used it, so I can ask him. I'll let you know in a few days.

Nate

TurbododgePirate
01-02-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm not 100% sure. I didn't have the dash together when I just fit it in there. I ended up using the stock console since I mounted the shifter in the stock location.

I know of a friend that used it, so I can ask him. I'll let you know in a few days.

Nate

Cool, thanks nate

DC Turismo
01-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Heath

From looking at a center console today, I would propose that you would just have to leave out the console bin, but could still place the ash tray, light portion of the L-body center console into its location. Jarvis's has two of these consoles, one of which I may be picking up for my Daytona to try.

TurbododgePirate
01-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Heath

From looking at a center console today, I would propose that you would just have to leave out the console bin, but could still place the ash tray, light portion of the L-body center console into its location. Jarvis's has two of these consoles, one of which I may be picking up for my Daytona to try.

Lemmie know!!! Maybe I'll pick up the other for shits and giggles. They are pretty easy to take out. I think getting the brackets might be the most difficult part.

Hey, do those neons at Jarvis's have decent interiors? I am still lookng for decent seats with headrests. Maybe a VW.

~~Heath

BlueBaron
01-11-2007, 05:18 AM
Interesting.
I've had both out. (LeBaron in this case)
Too bad my cars aren't too close together, or I'd have a go at it and take some pics.

I'd say the Neon one is wider. Definitely has more material ahead of the shifter area.