PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Doors on a 1990 LeBaron GTC

Tony Fields
01-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Just put in a new headlight motor and the doors still won't operate. :confused:

Hate to use the manual knob all the time.

Is there a headlight control module and if so, where is it. Thinking
this might be the problem. :confused:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike M
01-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Never had a pop-up headlight car myself, but from my buddies experience the problem usually lies with the Body Control module. On his Tona it was located under the trim piece on the top of the dash.

Hope that helps any, good luck!

85lebaront2
01-14-2006, 09:17 PM
According to my 90 FSM the BCM controls a headlight relay module. The wiring diagram book shows a 30 amp breaker feeding the control module. The BCM is in the right kick panel and the headlight relay module should be left side of steering column. The breaker should be cavity #3. If the BCM is commanding the relay module you should be able to hear the relays in the module click. If they are clicking and the breaker is good, then the relay contacts may be bad. If the BCM isn't commanding the relay module, then your BCM is bad. They are very prone to water damage due to their location. Good luck with it.

Tony Fields
01-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Thank you for the input......will check out the modules tomorrow.

thx138
01-15-2006, 10:53 AM
headlights. The 90's are unique. The headlight controller is on the drivers side, up under the dash just left of the clutch pedal. Black box, 1.5 x 3 x 5 inches (or so) It has a clip on the side to hold it in place. The headlights on my 90 daytona were intermitent to go up and down. The lights always came on - they just did not move up into place. Replaced the module and all problems solved. I am using a j-body contorller in my g-body. They have the same part # and are the same piece.

Tony Fields
01-15-2006, 08:20 PM
thx138....................would you have the part no. and do you remember what the approx. cost was?

Thanks,
Tony

Tony Fields
01-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Got the doors working!!!! :thumb: "Jiggled" the wires on the end of the controller module. :banaride: :dancingbana: :banaride: :dancingbana:

Thanks for all of the information.

Tony