PDA

View Full Version : another one bites the dust

packrat_turbo
12-16-2006, 02:38 AM
Well another rare turbododge bit the dust tonight. I was stopped at a light and was rear ended by a drunk a- hole. He blew a .30.. I was driving my 1989 Dodge Daytona CS TII 5 speed, one of 269.. first off thank God I am fine and the guy in front of me that I went into is fine, and of course the drunk idiot is in great shape. he actually tried to run away from the accident. Didnt go too far since he was that intoxicated.
Just makes me sick. And I just got this car going, just broke in the motor. I have forged wisecos, engine all rebuilt,rebuilt a 555, new turbo, +20's, fuel rail, kevlar clutch, 3 inch swingvalve and exhaust all from TU that I just put on there. What should I expect to get for this car from their insurance company? They probably wont give me a fair value.... What should I do? I was able to drive it but the back end is really smashed in and the front right is smashed. Doesnt look like it would be worth it to fix. Amazingly the airbag deployed. I didnt realize it had one!

Tom

Whorse
12-16-2006, 02:43 AM
As with most of our cars when they get smashed, try and buy it back and reuse your engine and transmission if you can. Not sure about your insurance there, but when I inquired here, they said the only way I'd get reimbursed for any mechanical upgrades is with photo evidence and then an appraisal on top of that.

Devsdaytona
12-16-2006, 04:02 AM
It probably won't cost very much at all to buy back, my stock 89 was only $120 can. then just find another car with you insurance

That really sucks, glad your ok.

WickedShelby88
12-16-2006, 11:15 PM
I didnt even have to buy mine back because I stored it where I work. Of course the insurance company I had was in the same town. I had an 87 baron coupe and alas only got 1000 for it, but got to keep the car and title. If anything you can get another daytona if you have to and transfer your parts. Theres a few rust free 88-89's around here on the forum for sale. but with anything like that it makes you sick. Glad to hear your okay though thats the main thing.

BIGBRUDDA
12-18-2006, 04:25 PM
You we're rear ended.:bump2: I can tell from here your neck is swollen and sore :nod:.Show his insurance man all the ambulance chaser sollicitations you'll get :eyebrows: If the airbag went off you had a 35mph impact.( a significant occurance in legalese!) :evil:Go see a doctor. Don't feel guilty, or offer any note of responsibility.:amen: And CRUCIFY him ! He's a drunk and a menace to society:whip:

nomadman2001
12-18-2006, 07:24 PM
+1:nod:

You we're rear ended.:bump2: I can tell from here your neck is swollen and sore :nod:.Show his insurance man all the ambulance chaser sollicitations you'll get :eyebrows: If the airbag went off you had a 35mph impact.( a significant occurance in legalese!) :evil:Go see a doctor. Don't feel guilty, or offer any note of responsibility.:amen: And CRUCIFY him ! He's a drunk and a menace to society:whip:

rich tideswell
12-19-2006, 11:32 PM
did the quarters buckle? it may not be as bad as you think. post picks of the rear from underneith