PDA

View Full Version : THE MOPAR NATS 2006 whos going

5sp. mini
01-14-2006, 01:17 PM
well with the east coast thing going on just wanted to start a mopar nat,s thread. maybe will get to run the neon that was there last year. he knows who he is lol AL hope to see you there james.

inmyshadow
01-16-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm planning on attending. This will be my first time too.

I figured as the time got closer, I'd see where are all the turbododge guys were using for a hotel.

Plus I had tons of questions about the event. I'm abit confused on which group to run in for the dragracing. Plus I wanted some details on the burnout show to.

later

Scottmon
01-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I'll be going to attend the swap meet, at the very least.

5sp. mini
01-16-2006, 04:26 PM
being some what local i only go down on sat. allday. i like to park in the swap meet lot alot less walking . you will be coming in on 70 off of 77 south are you going to drive the shadow or tow it? AL

Clay
01-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Ill be there as usual.

Dont know the exact details yet as the wifey is due the end of march, and I dont know about having a 5 month old there, but who knows.

I will be there at the very least to judge on Friday.

clay

85shelbycharger
01-16-2006, 05:13 PM
This will be my 6th consecutive year attending :thumb: Hopefully this year I'll finally take one of my cars out and give Billy's Turismo a break :p

Turbodave
01-16-2006, 06:07 PM
I'll most likely be there again this year. Not sure which Ho-tel the Sdac-Chicago guys will be at, usually it's whatever one JT gets a good price at. The Nats is always a good time, just look for us gathered around moparboyy's redneck limo in the pits.

5sp. mini
01-16-2006, 06:22 PM
was the guy with the red neon with you guys last year? AL

turbovanmanČ
01-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Mopar Nats same as the SDAC event? if so, I'll be there, and I am DRAG RACING the van, :thumb:

5sp. mini
01-16-2006, 07:02 PM
No it.s old school dodge they do have FWD but mostly 60/70s the after cruise is the best. AL

turbovanmanČ
01-16-2006, 07:04 PM
No it.s old school dodge they do have FWD but mostly 60/70s the after cruise is the best. AL

Nope, then I wont' be there, lol!

BadAssPerformance
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
I'll most likely be there again this year. Not sure which Ho-tel the Sdac-Chicago guys will be at, usually it's whatever one JT gets a good price at. The Nats is always a good time, just look for us gathered around moparboyy's redneck limo in the pits.

Thanks for the reminder, I should call the ho-tel soon!

Marcus86GLHS
01-17-2006, 07:36 AM
for those who went recently, is the show back at the "original" location i think its called National Trails Parkway or something like that?

if so, is that place still a huge dirt parking lot?

i took my 1968 Road Runner to the nats there in 1991 and you couldnt keep your car clean it was a constant dust storm from all the dirt/sand and cars driving over it stiring it all up......nothing sucks like being at a great car show and having all the cars dirty cause of the grounds. there was some grassy areas, and paved areas reserved for the "special cars" and vendors but for the regular masses it was mostly on-dirt parking.

any improvement to that location?

.......and the Brice Road cruising Friday nite is the best.

Mike_Shepard
01-17-2006, 07:56 AM
I live about 20 minutes from Nationl trails YEAAHHHHHHH anywho. The field is a mixture of grass and dirt if you park there Or you can go to the other side of the track and park on pavement, NHRA took over the track a few years ago and have made someimprovments to it but not alot

I'll be there for sure,

sdac guy
01-17-2006, 08:13 AM
If you enter the car show at the Nats, it is a judged show and is on grass (which usually needs mowing) and no dirt near there. But that show is only on Friday. I think a car can be left in that area all weekend, not sure though.

The parking in the pits area of the track is for paid drag racers only. There is a paved area in the pits and a grassy area. The grassy area has dirt roads through it. There are a couple parking areas adjacent to the pits & swap meet, but dust and dirt is everywhere, no matter where you park.

SDAC will again have a tent on the Manufacturers Midway this year. Stop by and say Hi :thumb:

Barry

87 charger
01-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Ill be there as usual.

Dont know the exact details yet as the wifey is due the end of march, and I dont know about having a 5 month old there, but who knows.

clay

Hey clay is that going to be your first rug rat ?
Congratulations regardless. I love being a first time dad.

I will have to make it this year cause june of last year we had our boy and I couldn't go.He looks at the shelby and grins real big now.I think he has plans for it already :nod:
You better hold on to that glhs !

Clay
01-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Yup, first one. :) I cant wait! and dont worry, the cars are staying! Ive been preparing for this for a while, and selling cars is not in the plans.

As for the show, yes, its back at National Trails. Has been since 98 I think.

As for judging, it is only Friday, and its pretty much an all day sucker. If you are in the judged show, you can park there all weekend, OR you can park anywhere else if you want. But you HAVE to be there Friday. Bring your car up Marcus....... I won't be to hard on ya!! ;)

Clay

Marcus86GLHS
01-17-2006, 12:19 PM
CLAY thanx for the invite but sounds from Barry's post that things are the same over there so unless perhaps i can register in the drag event and maybe park on the pavement all day i'll probably not go...as i remember they didnt segregate cars by type, it was first-come first-serve for where to park, is that still the way they do it? if so i got a feeling the TD's wont be allocated the best grassy areas right?

it would be fun to put some old school hemi and 440 cars to shame on the drag strip though, that would be why i would go.

Clay
01-17-2006, 01:19 PM
The difference is judged cars are the only cars allowed into the judged area.

None judged cars are on the other side of the track, and the drag racers are next to that area.

If you want judged, you have to park with the judged cars on Friday.

If you dont want judged, then you can park pretty much anywhere on the other side of the track.

clay

stampederunner
01-17-2006, 01:25 PM
What are the dates for this event?

sdac guy
01-17-2006, 02:36 PM
The Mopar Nats are held every year on the second weekend in August (this year that is the 11th - 13th). Starts on Friday and goes till Sunday, but the track is open on Thursday for Drag tech, swap move in, and vendor set up.

If you dont want judged, then you can park pretty much anywhere on the other side of the track. I'm nearly certain you are mistaken there Clay. There are parking lots just outside the pits & swap entrances. But, to get inside the pit / swap entrances and park in there you must have one of 4 types of windshield stickers, vendor, swap, drag, or tow vehicle.

That is why Randy Salk has kept his Shelby Charger at the SDAC tent a few times (we usually have room for a car behind the tent). He has it in the judged show on Friday and then nowhere to keep it for the rest of the weekend except to leave it over in the judged area unattended while he works at the Lorenz Racing tent next to us on the midway. Vendors on the midway are allowed a display vehicle as long as it fits inside the vendor's area, so we have let a few different folks keep cars there over the years we've been there.

Marcus, actually the blacktop pits parking is mainly used by the quicker cars with enclosed trailers though anyone can use it, I think. The TD guys are usually down the hill in the grassy area, which I think is nicer anyhow (that blacktop can get really hot in August). If you pitch a tent on the blacktop, it must be held in place with weights as they don't allow staking on the blacktop (but it is okay to do anywhere else).

Barry

Mike_Shepard
01-17-2006, 03:13 PM
wow from the sounds of it they are pretty stricked about parking I've been to other big shows there and its all done on the oit area. Though Ive not been to the track for the nationals Ive been to brice atleast 10 times

Marcus86GLHS
01-17-2006, 03:34 PM
"...The TD guys are usually down the hill in the grassy area, which I think is nicer anyhow ..."

that would be ideal for me, i would have my car on a trailer and enter the drag event not the show event, do you know if we can stay overnite on Fri and Sat nite on the grounds w/ our tow vehicles and trailers/race cars? if so, i am going to re-consider going to the Nats this year.

Clay
01-17-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm nearly certain you are mistaken there Clay. There are parking lots just outside the pits & swap entrances. But, to get inside the pit / swap entrances and park in there you must have one of 4 types of windshield stickers, vendor, swap, drag, or tow vehicle.

I guess I took it for granted that people wanting to be in the show would have to buy an entry :eyebrows:

Of course if you dont pay to be in the show, or the judged area, you have to park in the parking lots that are away from the main areas.

There is parking right outside the swap, and by the main entrances, as well as parking across the street from the judged areas.

GLHS592
01-17-2006, 07:29 PM
I wish it was back in Indy. We quit going after the first year back at Columbus.

I prefer Indy too... much nice facility.

BadAssPerformance
01-17-2006, 07:58 PM
"...The TD guys are usually down the hill in the grassy area, which I think is nicer anyhow ..."

that would be ideal for me, i would have my car on a trailer and enter the drag event not the show event, do you know if we can stay overnite on Fri and Sat nite on the grounds w/ our tow vehicles and trailers/race cars? if so, i am going to re-consider going to the Nats this year.

Yep, thats us at the bottom of the hill.. last place to park when you get there late cuz your roomies that dont have cars there stumble too slowly out of bed after a night of partying...

The rules say no camping on the grounds overnight, but I know a few, including OhioRob who did last year.

Turbodave
01-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Yep, thats us at the bottom of the hill.. last place to park when you get there late cuz your roomies that dont have cars there stumble too slowly out of bed after a night of partying...

Yeah, blame it on your roomies Mr Drunk by 7pm..:faint:

BadAssPerformance
01-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, blame it on your roomies Mr Drunk by 7pm..:faint:

...and I was all sober by 10pm! only problem is I don't remember 7-10pm!

I do wake up first every day tho...

minigts
01-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Where is it this year? In Ohio and if so, where?

BadAssPerformance
01-17-2006, 10:13 PM
National Trails Raceway, near Kirkersville, OH, just east of Columbus.

Mike_Shepard
01-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Yea its about 20 minutes east of columbus

minigts
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
I wish it was back in Indy. We quit going after the first year back at Columbus.

I prefer Indy too... much nice facility.

You going this year Kevin? We need to convoy if you are. I'll see if Andy is going, although I'm sure he is. That'd be a good road trip!

GLHS592
01-20-2006, 03:50 PM
You going this year Kevin? We need to convoy if you are. I'll see if Andy is going, although I'm sure he is. That'd be a good road trip!

We are about to start building a house, so I'm not going anywhere this year. :(

minigts
01-20-2006, 04:38 PM
We are about to start building a house, so I'm not going anywhere this year. :(

Alright, we'll be up there shortly to get that project done so you can make it.

:dancingbana:

stampederunner
01-21-2006, 04:55 AM
I'm going for sure, anybody looking for someone to split the costs of a hotel room?