PDA

View Full Version : not alway full lights on air/fuel meter

5sp. mini
01-14-2006, 11:38 AM
OK here what i got 2.2 in a 89 mini has the 2.5 inj. stock 2.5 ecm with 87 garett. 3 inch with no cat. has a new mopar 0/2 and also a new fuel pump with new lines just a stock pump. will see high volts on warm up but not more than 92.volts i think it a auto meter gauge has 2 red bars at top and yellow in the middle. after many times i got the timing set. 14 deg. granger set 14 psi intercooled stock daytona one. only thing is i have comm. ground under the dash. don,t have battery ground to gauge. now the van runnes great but theres is a big diff. when the top red lights come on you can feel the pull alot more. i have swaped a good spare map. but still only one light. when the scanner is on there no spark knock or retard. any ideas? i have to run wires to my oil presser gauge still so i will run a new ground wire to the A/f at that time. AL

turbovanmanČ
01-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Make sure the ground is good. Get her warmed up, now go grab your propane torch and take off the flame end. Have a helper with this. Let the engine idle and find a place to inject the propane-the PCV valve or air filter. Have buddy open the propane until the engine starts to run like crap, you check your guage-if it still doesn't read full rich-your connecions suck or your oxgyen sensor is bad. Its as simple as that.