PDA

View Full Version : best engine harness 89 na-89 TI Omni

looneytuner
01-13-2006, 11:22 PM
I learned recently that k car will work. But is there extra length that has to dealt with. And are the bulkhead connectors identical? This is for a friend. I have no experience with the Omni.

Una
01-13-2006, 11:55 PM
K car, so K or E body.. No extra length, harness fits like a glove,you'd think it was made for the Omni. If you get the harness from an '89 K car, it'll plug right into an '89 Omni, bulkhead connectors are identical, right down to the pinout. If you find an '88, you'll have to re-arrange a couple pins, not many, like 2, for the wipers if I remember right. A Turbo Caravan harness will work, but is much too long. I have the slack from the turbo van harness stuffed into the corners of my '83 Shelby Charger.. (No, it didn't plug right into that car, I had to cut off the bulkhead connector and splice on the older 40 pin one)..

The S is Silent
01-14-2006, 12:06 AM
K car, so K or E body.. No extra length, harness fits like a glove,you'd think it was made for the Omni. If you get the harness from an '89 K car, it'll plug right into an '89 Omni, bulkhead connectors are identical, right down to the pinout. If you find an '88, you'll have to re-arrange a couple pins, not many, like 2, for the wipers if I remember right. A Turbo Caravan harness will work, but is much too long. I have the slack from the turbo van harness stuffed into the corners of my '83 Shelby Charger.. (No, it didn't plug right into that car, I had to cut off the bulkhead connector and splice on the older 40 pin one)..

Why cut the harness and splice? Why not just move the pins over from one connector to the other? Do the 40 and 50 pin connectors use different style blade pins?

Una
01-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Why cut the harness and splice? Why not just move the pins over from one connector to the other? Do the 40 and 50 pin connectors use different style blade pins?
The 40 pin connector only uses large blade pins. The 50 uses both. I was able to move about 10 pins straight over, the rest had to be cut and spliced..

GLHNSLHT2
01-14-2006, 05:46 PM
lucky, going from 87 T2 Daytona to 88 T2 daytona they reversed the sexes on all the pins. That's a real job to do.