PDA

View Full Version : Sport Compact Street Car Challenge - DFW, Tx

Domino
12-07-2006, 12:30 PM
there is a guy on another forum that is putting together a race day for sport compacts in the dallas/ft worth area. just thought i'd drop the link here if any local TMs are interested.

http://forums.ricekiller.com/viewtopic.php?t=8958&highlight=

Domino
12-11-2006, 10:08 PM
track racing for 4 & 6 cylinder vehicles. the run down follows:

For starter, the power adder classes
Stock power adder 4 cyl
Stock power adder 6 cyl
Stock natural aspirated 4 cyl
Stock n/a 6cyl

Our break down for these classes
To us, stock p/a is just as it says, but we do have a few exceptions
Small add ons up to 5 basic add ons will be ok for this class or anything that improve more than just a few tenths
i.e.
air intakes,cat back exhaust,mufflers,pulleys
after market
any hard parts like heads, complete engine swaps, a/m turbo,anything to control boost,
header(s) you get the idea.
Overall there are still ways to lie and get away with it… we have thought of that as well,
A lot will still be on a trust level, but if you get busted, you will be eliminated and no longer able to participate in any other events we put on, so just don’t lie about it, this is about raising money for families with special needs children and to have a good time

a/m p/a 4cyl
a/m p/a 6cyl
a/m n/a 4cyl
a/m n/a 6cyl

this is basicly an open class, anything that wont allow you to run in the stock classes
this is where you go

tires, this was discussed for a while, basicly you run what you drive to the track on.. no tire changes after we get there, just as you would if you were street racing

additional classes
if there is a class that doesn’t fit you as well, get at least 5 people to join that class and it can be added
any additional classes that are added will only be done before leaving for the track
if there are anything that you see that you don’t feel is fair for a class, you wont get very far arguing about it here..you have to show up and bring a car to compete with the have any clout
we see several benefits to the adding additional classes,which aren’t hard to figure.
entry fee is $10 per class and you can enter as many as you want…prizes are on a 50/50, and there will be a 1st and 2nd which will be a 60/40 split on the 50% side for the payout
so obviously, the more to a class the better the payout….
If there isn’t enough for any given class to compete, adding classes will/can be done
I will be talking to the track owner about allowing us to bring grilles so we can cook out for ourselves.. I am also working on a truck with tools and a compressor to show up as well for those emergency fixes
We are currently looking at jan 21 (3rd Sunday) meeting at 11:00 at martin’z in garland on I-30 at bass pro drive, and leaving at 12:30 sharp going to cedar creek, which is about a 45 minute drive, but we will be able to make as many passes as we want, no tech to deal with, the clock will be turned off, and I believe you can still get a time slip, bu there will be a win light only. We will pretty much run the place and wont be run through real quick as we will be at other tracks that are much closer
You will still need to pay your track entry fee, I will post that up after I talk to the track owner

Domino
01-10-2007, 12:36 AM
ok...we are adding a few things....meeting at martin'z @ 11:30 they are opening up just for us and are doing a buffet with fajitas...$10.95 per person with a drink and sides...so we need a head count on how many people will be eating there, so they know how much they need to prepare...i urge everyone to help out and eat here since they are opening up just for us...this is a byob for those of you that want to.
we will be leaving there at 1:00 sharp, you will need to allow yourself time to register for the shootout..you show up at the last minute, you may not be able to enter,depending how busy we are and whether or not the ladders are done by then or not..i prefer no one gamble it.
also, i need a head count on how many will be going to the track..this will be total head count. all that is really needed is just post a number of how many will be coming with you, i will know what its for.
dont forget to bring a little for the 50/50 pot to try to get a few dollars more.
track entry is $10 per head and i believe kids in for free..but not 100%
thanks everyone for your interest in the event.