PDA

View Full Version : WTB Pronto! -- '90-'91 Daytona Dashboard Message Center

DC Turismo
11-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Hello everyone. I am in need of a WORKING CONDITION dashboard message center. This is the yellow-ish plastic mechanism that you find behind the black strip on a '90-'91 Daytona dashboard, most commonly found in fully-loaded Daytona Shelby's. It includes roughyl three teeny tiny lightbulbs and is placed inside the dash behind the black Daytona strip that you pop out of the dashboard.

I do not believe mine worked and could not find replacement bulbs, so please let me know if you can assist me!

sparkybuoy
02-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Email me a reminder and I'll look for you this weekend.

Steve
sparkybuoy@earthlink.net

JDAWG
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM
I am glad you brought this up. My car has it too, I think, and I think it doesnt work if it does have it. Anyone know what commonly goes wrong with it? Bulbs? Cracked solder joints? Bulbs are still avail from the dealer. PM me, I can order ya some.

JDAWG
02-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Wow just realized how old this thread is.

DC Turismo
02-21-2007, 05:48 PM
LOL... me too! Steve wrote me and I had no idea of what he was talking about!

JDAWG
02-21-2007, 06:28 PM
does that thing just pop out? Seems like mine intermittantly works. If I shine a flashlight at it I can see like cutouts inside it for stuff, but the only one that works sometimes is the low wash light. They are still available new from Chrysler

racer-xerols
02-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Yes, they just pop out. I've done it in my 91 CS a couple times, mainly for cleaning. Should be "low wash", "security", and one other...door ajar maybe? Back in the day (like, when I bought the car new) I was trying to figure out how to wire a falsie "alarm" blinking light and put it up there for when the car was off, just for protection. Been so long since I was even in the car though, it's in storage.... But to pop it out, just get a small screwdriver under the end of it and pry gently. It's held in with the same trim clips as the A pillar trim pieces. I've found it can be an easier pry from the passenger end, but YMMV.

MAKE SURE THE GARAGE IS WARMER THAN 50 DEGREES. I've found that anything lower than that with these old pieces of plastic, and you get splinters.

JDAWG
02-22-2007, 09:19 PM
yea joe i popped it out the other night, it has low wash, door ajar, and deck lid open, i tested all the bulbs and they are good, i think. I popped it back in and the deck lid worked, dunno about the wash cause my tank is full, but the door one wouldnt light up. I tried both doors and nothing. I ordered a new one, they are still available. If it still doesnt work ill just sell it. I just really like the car and want everything to work properly.