PDA

View Full Version : Used SRT4 Value?

Tony Hanna
01-13-2006, 04:27 AM
I went in to a dealership last sumer with the intention of buying a brand new SRT4 but the banks weren't happy with my credit situation and the payment was going to be a little more than I wanted to take on. I'd really like to own one to use as a daily driver and was wondering how much the prices have dropped on some of the older ones with 50k+ miles. I don't want to wait so long that all I can find are the 150k+ examples that some punk has already run the guts out of but my financial situation at the moment is going to force me to buy used. Also, for you guys that have had your SRT4 long enough to rack up some miles, have you had any reliability issues?
Thanks,

Keito
01-13-2006, 07:22 AM
You could take a look through here.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Its the problems section at SRT forums.
I can't give much input, I've owned my car for 1.5 years now
but only have 5000 trouble free miles.

Clay
01-13-2006, 04:48 PM
They are going for more than I expected after this long. I figured long before now I could have picked one up for $10K.

Looks like they are still 13 -> 15K for 03s!

Black'sBlue04
01-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Try Kelley Blue Book.....according to them my 04 is still worth 18K

Clay
01-13-2006, 06:13 PM
which value is that?

trade in?

private party?

etc.

because to me, there isn't an 04 SRT4 in the world worth 18K, but I wouldnt be suprised to see one on a dealer lot for that.

clay

87 charger
01-13-2006, 06:28 PM
NADA is where you get a better idea what they are going for.Kelly blue book is a joke.My brother sales cars and he could tell you exactly what they go for. He is on the board now and then and CLAY if you want a good deal on one PM me and I will let you know how to PM him.He can keep his eye open for you. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Tony Hanna
01-13-2006, 07:12 PM
They are going for more than I expected after this long. I figured long before now I could have picked one up for $10K.

Looks like they are still 13 -> 15K for 03s!

Yeah, I figured when they got to the 10k and under range I'd be able to afford one. Looks like I'll be waiting awhile longer.:(

Tony Hanna
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
You could take a look through here.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Its the problems section at SRT forums.
I can't give much input, I've owned my car for 1.5 years now
but only have 5000 trouble free miles.

Thanks for the link. I took a look and it seems like mostly minor stuff. That leaves me with some hope that when I can afford one, it might still be fairly reliable.:)

contraption22
01-14-2006, 11:47 AM
I have 17k trouble free miles on mine now... except for one squeaky driver's seat.

TurboGLH
01-14-2006, 12:32 PM
I guess I've got a bit more on mine than most (52k). So far the only issues I've had are a jammed drivers seat belt latch (fixed under warranty) and in the past 5k or so it's started leaking around both front door seals. Different spots on both doors, the seals look fine but I'm gonna have to replace them in the near future as the noise (however slight) is driving me crazy. That's about it, the car has been great to me, no trouble at all and I drive it hard too.

AndySRT
01-15-2006, 03:14 AM
ya i paid 15k for mine after talking them down 3k on the asking price and mines a 04. I picked it up with 15k on the odometer. ohh and it was completely stock.:thumb:

Tony Hanna
01-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Sounds like a good future for the used srt4's then. Jammed seatbelt latches, squeaky seats, and leaky door seals I can fix/live with. No mention of any major engine or driveline failures yet. That makes me happy. I just hope the prices drop a bit more in the near future so I can finally afford to grab one.

Victor
01-16-2006, 09:54 AM
I did a search on autotrader last week.
It was a 200 mile radius search from Northeast CT.
The best deal on a 2004 is at King Cadillac in Putnam, CT
A red one with sunroof and 9,000 miles for the asking price of $16,800