PDA

View Full Version : What do I have to do to move the battery and fuse block?

TurboNeon568
11-27-2006, 11:57 PM
I was looking under the hood of a 2.0 (DOHC) neon i was servicing today at work and i noticed that the engine bay in that one was a lot more busy and cramped than the one I am buying (single cam). When i talked to the guy i am buying it from, he said he had already moved the battery to the trunk but there is still a fuse block right above where the battery would have been.

Q#1: Where would be the best place to relocate this fuse block?

Q#2: How would I go about relocating it without losing track of what controls what?

Q#3: Would I have to buy and after market wiring kit, such a Painless, to do this?

Q#4: would this even be an issue if I went with a stand alone engine management system?

Frank
11-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Q1 - Where the glove box is.
Q2&3 - Inplausable.... messy. Unless you redesign the harness, you will take up overall more room relocating it.
Q4 - You will be able to reduce the size of the whole harness with a stalo setup.

TurboNeon568
11-30-2006, 08:49 PM
would I have to cut a hole in the bulkhead to do this or just mount it in there and then run eveything through a gromet and hook it up that way?

Frank
11-30-2006, 09:12 PM
For which option?

mock_glh
12-03-2006, 02:38 PM
If the battery isnt there any more you can simply swing the fusebox away from the engine and make a new mount where the battery used to be. I did this with a friend's '95 twin cam and it looks much cleaner.:)

TurboNeon568
12-11-2006, 07:03 PM
If the battery isnt there any more you can simply swing the fusebox away from the engine and make a new mount where the battery used to be. I did this with a friend's '95 twin cam and it looks much cleaner.:)

I was thinking about moving it and making my own exhaust and induction tubing so I could mount the turbo where the battery was. That way, if I so desired, I could clock the turbo so that it would point directly at the intake. Or just make it easier to remove the turbo for service without having to take a moto mount loose or something drastic.