PDA

View Full Version : Links/short cuts not working.

ShelbyMotorsports
11-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Nothing like keeping Frank busy.

The navigation bar at the top of the page, the one with search & quick links in it, doesn't always work.

Specifically the search & quick links portion. They work from the home page but don't seem to work if you're viewing a thread.

Here's a link to a page that they don't work on for me:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8119

From what I can tell these links work from the home page. They work when you click on the forums. But they go dead if you open a thread.

Not the easiest thing to explain so post any questions.

Frank
11-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Can you give me a screenshot and let me know what browser you are using? I havent noticed this problem. I know about 2 others have experienced a similar issue, but it was only when a huge picture caused the horizontal slider bar to appear.

ShelbyMotorsports
11-28-2006, 02:19 PM
A screen shot? Do you actually think I know how to do that ;)

I'm running XP and it happens on every thread.

For example go to the exhaust forum, click on the TBI header pics? thread to view the individual posts.

From there the majority of the links no longer work such as the search & quick link buttons.

This happens in all forums not just the exhaust.

Frank
11-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Does it happen at www.squirrelpf.com????

ShelbyMotorsports
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Does it happen at www.squirrelpf.com????

Nope doesn't happen there.

johnl
11-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Me too. I'm sitting here on this thread; if I go to the top of this page and hit "Search" to search all of mopar.com, then . . . the thing is dead.

If I want to search this thread, I go to the top of this thread and hit "Search this thread" then . . . it works.

BadAssPerformance
11-30-2006, 12:34 AM
My "quick Links" and "Search" only hav ethis issue when teh side-to-side scroll bars are active.

Win2k, IE 6

Frank
12-01-2006, 01:18 PM
I am still trying to figure this out. Sorry.

ShelbyMotorsports
12-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I am still trying to figure this out. Sorry.

Take your time as its not that big of a deal at least for me. I just click on the "home" link and then click on the "search" button.

I wish I could give you a more specific timeline but this started months ago after one of the updates/changes made to the site.

Frank
12-01-2006, 02:45 PM
It happened after I upgraded the site and stream lined the code. Just right after the forum had been hacked. There was lots of bugs and I thought they were all fixed. At the time I only had one person have issues. Now I am finding more. When I opened up Squirrel Performance, I used the same code, but that works just fine.

Hmm.

Frank