PDA

View Full Version : Starsky & Hutch 1987 GLHS

ShelbyMotorsports
11-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Well since tm.com doesn't have a Whittier car section and since I don't want to see this get "pruned" in the lounge I guess this is the best forum for this.

On that well known auction site is a 1987 Shelby GLHS that was repainted by the dealer before being sold new. I'm not going to post details as I don't want this thread moved to the auction forum but it's easy enough to find.

I named them the Starsky & Hutch GLHS's because of the paint scheme. I came across these cars (yes more than one was painted this way) back in the 1990's.

Somewhere in storage I have a bunch of pics of this car including the details on the paint scheme.

Steve

Here is a pic from the auction:

looneytuner
11-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Multiples would be right. "The Italian Job" destoyed over 30 cars in making the movie. They don't show that part. ;)

GLHS592
11-26-2006, 04:56 PM
I'd call that the "reverse A Team" scheme.

cordes
11-26-2006, 04:59 PM
It did not seem to list any details of the paint on the acution, and this is the first I have seen one of these. Any one care to shed some light on the situation.

ShelbyMotorsports
11-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Any one care to shed some light on the situation.

Not too much light to be shed ;)

Just another dealer that tried painting the cars to move them off their lot. I'm sure you've seen the red glhs's painted by another dealer who couldn't move the cars.

2.216VTurbo
11-26-2006, 10:43 PM
I used to drive by Anaheim Dodge every day on my way to work, they had and sold quite a few 87 CSX's before they could move all 6 87 GLHS's that sat, and sat... My car was there almost two full years before I went in to purchase it. I knew I wanted one but the $324/month payment on my 87 Shadow ES was pretty tough on my salary of the day. Time was running short and they were down to just 2 S cars when I had enough saved for a down payment in August of 88.

I saw two on a Friday and when I went down there the very next day, there were none:eek: I asked a salesman about it and he said they had sold one yeasterday and to try to get the last one to move off the lot they had it in the paint shop! I wasn't thrilled about a non-stock color at the time but the red was pretty hard to resist;) They tried to gouge me $1100. for the new paint job but in the end I think we split it in the middle. There were no other red S cars from Anaheim Dodge but there was at least one more from a California dealership. Don't remember which:confused:

cordes
11-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Not too much light to be shed ;)

Just another dealer that tried painting the cars to move them off their lot. I'm sure you've seen the red glhs's painted by another dealer who couldn't move the cars.

I did not know that they had trouble selling them, or that the red cars were painted at dealerships. Thanks for the info.

BadAssPerformance
11-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Nice find Steve! I'm guessing you already checked the VIN to the car number for legitimacy?

I agree we should not move this thread to the auction forum, and wonder if we should have a whittier turbo car sub forum under the original turbo mopars forum?

ShelbyMotorsports
11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Nice find Steve! I'm guessing you already checked the VIN to the car number for legitimacy?

Yes Alan's car is legit :D

But seriously yes it is/was a real GLHS. I ran across it in the 1990's when the previous owner was selling it. Even though the price was fair the condition it was in forced me to pass on it.

It's in much worse condition now especially with all the missing parts

ScottD
11-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Wow, that's pretty ugly. I saw that car and thought that a previous owner had done that, not the selling dealer.

How many red GLHS are there? I know there is the one without a sunroof that was of much debate, the history of which I can't remember, but either way it was a very sharp looking car.

ShelbyMotorsports
11-27-2006, 04:57 PM
I know there is the one without a sunroof that was of much debate, the history of which I can't remember, but either way it was a very sharp looking car.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not the sunroof delete car.

Not sure if that thread is still around. Even though it seemed like we spent a year trying to convince that guy he did not have a sunrof delete car, he spent a year telling anyone that would listen he did, it brought a smile to my face when one day he found where a replacement roof had been welded on.

It amazes me how people will stick to a "story" they heard when so much evidence shows otherwise.

Please nobody bring up the "factory" rollbars ;)

ScottD
11-27-2006, 06:18 PM
I remember that it turned out it did have a sunroof welded in. Was this car one of the red ones mentioned in this thread or did it turn out it was just repainted when it was put back together? Is the red one in this thread owned by Alan 1/2 red, didn't one dealer paint them half red?

There are always rumors out there, I've heard that there was one CSX-T that had a sunroof in it from the factory and it was for the president of Thrifty's daughter. Any truth to that one?

I still can't believe the car in the ad that started this thread was painted that way intentionally to try and sell it. Ack!

paisley_pirate
11-27-2006, 07:01 PM
"factory rollbars"

Funny you should mention those...

I was talking with one of the kids that works for my company, and he was commenting that when I finally get another GLHT or S, he'll take his Cavalier (heheh) and add a supercharger and all kinds of other "factory" stuff to it... and I told him the story about "factory rollbars" (and the intercooler kit for the regular glh-t) since he was calling those add-ons he wanted "stock" for his car...

Getting closer to getting one back... got rid of one of the volvo's Saturday... 2 to go, then some other stuff taken care of, then the car... heheh

GLHS592
11-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Not sure if that thread is still around. Even though it seemed like we spent a year trying to convince that guy he did not have a sunrof delete car, he spent a year telling anyone that would listen he did, it brought a smile to my face when one day he found where a replacement roof had been welded on.

I remember that. He was convinced. Everybody told him to check under the interior plastic and some even offered to do it for him. He acted like he was so mistreated over that when all we wanted to know was the truth. I think he was scared he didn't have a real GLHS. Did he actually check or did somebody do it for him? Whatever happened to that guy? I think his name was Levi.

Speaking of non-sunroof 1987 GLHS. How about the one in the dealership brochure that had no sunroof but had the armrest? What's the deal with that one? Was it a factory prototype? Was it crushed? Did it even exist?

ShelbyMotorsports
11-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Was this car one of the red ones mentioned in this thread or did it turn out it was just repainted when it was put back together? Is the red one in this thread owned by Alan 1/2 red, didn't one dealer paint them half red?

Not sure if it was the same car but that was another stupid rumor about how Chrysler ran out of black paint and that Shelby had to repaint some of the cars black. Totally false and was proven by the paint code on the fender tag. The 1/2 red car(s) are something completely different.

There are always rumors out there, I've heard that there was one CSX-T that had a sunroof in it from the factory and it was for the president of Thrifty's daughter. Any truth to that one?

I've come across no documentation on that sunroof CSX-T. Same thing with it being for the presidents daughter. I did run a CarFax on it years ago and can't remember off the top of my head what I found so the jury is still out on that one.

I still can't believe the car in the ad that started this thread was painted that way intentionally to try and sell it.

If you think that's bad I remember back in the early 80's dealers were painting DeLoreans to try and move them off their lot. Some were painted a bright canary yellow. Ummm one of the DeLoreans selling points was that it had a stainless steel body that never needed painting but hey it probably worked.

Speaking of non-sunroof 1987 GLHS. How about the one in the dealership brochure that had no sunroof but had the armrest? What's the deal with that one? Was it a factory prototype? Was it crushed? Did it even exist?

All the brochures were printed in advance of the cars going into production so yes you could call them prototypes. Every Shelby brochure has some sort of "mistake" in them. I can't say if they were all crushed as some of them ended up being donated to schools.

Birddog
11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
If you think that's bad I remember back in the early 80's dealers were painting DeLoreans to try and move them off their lot. Some were painted a bright canary yellow. Ummm one of the DeLoreans selling points was that it had a stainless steel body that never needed painting but hey it probably worked.

That's also a good way to tell if a DeLorean got body damage!;)

Cool thread.... Guess I won't be trying to pass my Omni off as as a GLH delete eh??:D

BadAssPerformance
11-27-2006, 08:35 PM
That reminds me of the story about the guy who polished his Delorean and ended up having to paint the hood black so he could see while driving, LOL

2.216VTurbo
11-28-2006, 03:10 AM
I remember that it turned out it did have a sunroof welded in. Was this car one of the red ones mentioned in this thread or did it turn out it was just repainted when it was put back together? Is the red one in this thread owned by Alan 1/2 red, didn't one dealer paint them half red?

I still can't believe the car in the ad that started this thread was painted that way intentionally to try and sell it. Ack!

Yeah, it was easier and cheaper for the dealership to just pull off the beltline stripe, then measure down 1/4" and paint the top half red, then restripe with no obvious seam in the paint. Presto, a 'half red' GLHS:) This is me and the car at Mopars at the strip this year.

BadAssPerformance
11-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Neat. What car number is that Alan?

ScottD
11-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Alan - thanks for posting the pic. That looks great with the black pumpers on it.

Turbodave
11-28-2006, 11:32 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not the sunroof delete car.

It amazes me how people will stick to a "story" they heard when so much evidence shows otherwise.

Please nobody bring up the "factory" rollbars ;)

You talking about this car?

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56592

MiniMopar
11-28-2006, 11:54 AM

The brochure for the 87 CSX also showed a center console, but no production CSX had one. It was just a test mule...probably a Shadow ES.

ShelbyMotorsports
11-28-2006, 01:47 PM
You talking about this car?

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56592

Well that's the one I was thinking of but it looks like some of the old rumors/stories are getting mixed together.

Robin the owner of that GLHS was not the person who fought us. In fact Robin wanted to know why his car was different and unfortunately his car was different because a previous owner had spliced the rear of another L body onto his GLHS.

It was Levi who just wouldn't listen to reason and fought the community that he had a "special" GLHS. According to that TD.com thread the Levi blow up was on the SDML.

Anyone recall what the Levi blow up was about? Was he the one claiming that Chrysler ran out of black paint and that his GLHS came from Chrysler in red? Or was it another sunroof delete that turned out not to be true?

86Shelby
11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
I remember the BS arguing and Levi raising cane, then skipping over that topic and never revisited it.

2.216VTurbo
11-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Well that's the one I was thinking of but it looks like some of the old rumors/stories are getting mixed together.

Robin the owner of that GLHS was not the person who fought us. In fact Robin wanted to know why his car was different and unfortunately his car was different because a previous owner had spliced the rear of another L body onto his GLHS.

It was Levi who just wouldn't listen to reason and fought the community that he had a "special" GLHS. According to that TD.com thread the Levi blow up was on the SDML.

Anyone recall what the Levi blow up was about? Was he the one claiming that Chrysler ran out of black paint and that his GLHS came from Chrysler in red? Or was it another sunroof delete that turned out not to be true?

IIRC, he was saying that he 'discovered' that his 'original from the factory' GLHS was red underneath the factory black paint. He wanted to believe it was a special prototype or test mule car. He was a real treat to TRY and reason with, that much I remember...

BTW my 1/2 red GLHS is # 0034

ShelbyMotorsports
11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
IIRC, he was saying that he 'discovered' that his 'original from the factory' GLHS was red underneath the factory black paint. He wanted to believe it was a special prototype or test mule car. He was a real treat to TRY and reason with, that much I remember...

That sounds like it. He claimed it came from Chrysler in red and that Shelby had to paint it black and just wouldn't listen to reason. Even the fender tag showed a black paint code but he just wouldn't stop.

If I recall it finally ended when someone showed him that his car was rebodied using a red Charger.

scrampage1
12-01-2006, 07:38 AM
There were no other red S cars from Anaheim Dodge, but, there was at least one more from a California dealership. Don't remember which. :confused:

Alan,

I guess you forgot that I was the one that showed you a picture of a 1987 Shelby GLHS painted Flash Red from Bakersfield Dodge.

I was passing through Bakersfield at night, coming from the North Hollywood area, and decided I wanted to check out the Dodge lot off of the highway.

The Dodge dealership in Bakersfield was an authorized Shelby dealership.

It just so happened that I had a 35mm camera with me, but, no flash. The picture came out dark, however, there is no denying the red paint.

Unlike Alan's which is 1/2 red, 1/2 black, the one in Bakersfield is 100% red.

This was in the lot with 2 1987 Shelby CSXs. This was around the latter part of 1988.

The car lot was just dark enough where I couldn't see the Dash Plaque number inside the GLHS.

But, I could see the $5,000.00 mark up for the custom paint job on the window sticker. They wanted a whopping $18,000.00 for this GLHS!! :wow1:

Some of the GLHS decals were put back on the car. It had some kind of funky striping on it. I could see all kinds of paint imperfections on it from what few flourescent lights were hitting the car.

Now, to add more to the differently colored GLHS debate, there is a White 1987 Shelby GLHS sitting in one of my local wrecking yards. It is all white with regular Silver Dodge Shelby Charger graphics. The graphics are almost invisible over the Bright White paint.

I believe that I was talking to Ken Adler one day when the subject of the white GLHS came up. Ken used to live here in Central California. I didn't know him personally at the time, but, had seen him a couple of times in his 1987 GLHS going the opposite direction on the streets of Clovis.

I had seen a what I thought was a White Shelby Charger a couple of times on the highway leading up to Yosemite. Ken told me that he believed that it was a GLHS. As I had only seen the car in motion both times and very briefly, I was unable to verify what it was other than it was a turbocharged 2-door L-Body of 1986-87 vintage.

Now that the car is in the junkyard, I know the truth. :p

It's too bad the White GLHS is in the wrecking yard. It's a rust free car with no body damage.

Ray
Central California

ShelbyMotorsports
12-01-2006, 03:04 PM
It's too bad the White GLHS is in the wrecking yard.

It's very common for dealers to paint cars that only came in one color to move them off the lot.

Why the 1987 GLHS was so prone to being repainted by the dealership is hard to say but I suspect having the Shelby Lancer & Shelby CSX on the same lot made the discontinued L24 body a red headed stepchild.

It does look like most dealer repaints took place well into the 1988 & 1989 model years so its not hard to see why they tried a new color to move them.

On a side note. As nice as black cars look when new that black paint upkeep does get pretty old real quick not to mention the interior heat build up.

Some vehicles that ran into the same problem were the 1991 Syclone. It came only in black but GMC had to stray from that in 1992 when white was going to be offered. Same thing with the 1990-91 Chevy 454SS. Only came in black but that was changed in 1992-93 with white & red being offered. Another example is the Mercury Marauder. Started out only in black but it too had to be changed to offer silver & red paint.

The only vehicle that seemed to survive the black only color scheme was the Buick GN but even then you could order a T-type with multiple color choices so buyers could get around the black only.

Can anyone else think of a vehicle from that era that survived with a black only paint scheme?

BadAssPerformance
12-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Can anyone else think of a vehicle from that era that survived with a black only paint scheme?

'86 GLHS
'87 GLHS
'87 CSX
'87 GNX

those are the only ones to come to mind...

ShelbyMotorsports
12-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Well the 1987 CSX certainly didn't survive a black only paint scheme ;)

1988 CSX was white
1989 CSX was red
1990 CSX was blue

BadAssPerformance
12-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Well the 1987 CSX certainly didn't survive a black only paint scheme ;)

1988 CSX was white
1989 CSX was red
1990 CSX was blue

I guess I was thinking 87 was the only "CSX" as 88 was a CSX-T, 89 was a CSX-VNT, and 90 was merely a prototype ;)

stampederunner
01-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Does anyone have pics of the 1990 blue CSX? I've never heard that before.

GLHSKEN
01-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Alan,

I believe that I was talking to Ken Adler one day when the subject of the white GLHS came up. Ken used to live here in Central California. I didn't know him personally at the time, but, had seen him a couple of times in his 1987 GLHS going the opposite direction on the streets of Clovis.

I had seen a what I thought was a White Shelby Charger a couple of times on the highway leading up to Yosemite. Ken told me that he believed that it was a GLHS. As I had only seen the car in motion both times and very briefly, I was unable to verify what it was other than it was a turbocharged 2-door L-Body of 1986-87 vintage.

Bakersfield Dodge had re-painted 3 of them. one red one white and one blue (very similar in color to OhioRobs color). I test drove the blue one way back when.. was thinking of trading of Sundance in on it (5sp turbo 4 door). WIth a 2 year old it was not practicle.

I was in discussions with the owner of the white one in 92 about selling. A friend here knew him and the car was not running with the dash out. I was going to fly out and fix the car to drive back. Never happened. Yes, he lived on the way to Yosemite.

Ray, you didn't see me in my '87 glhs. I also saw that car and had an opportunity to race him... on Clovis avenue east of town. I had my (RIP) Garnett SC then.

BadAssPerformance
01-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Bakersfield Dodge had re-painted 3 of them. one red one white and one blue (very similar in color to OhioRobs color). I test drove the blue one way back when.. was thinking of trading of Sundance in on it (5sp turbo 4 door). WIth a 2 year old it was not practicle.

I was in discussions with the owner of the white one in 92 about selling. A friend here knew him and the car was not running with the dash out. I was going to fly out and fix the car to drive back. Never happened. Yes, he lived on the way to Yosemite.

Ray, you didn't see me in my '87 glhs. I also saw that car and had an opportunity to race him... on Clovis avenue east of town. I had my (RIP) Garnett SC then.

Cool story, would have been neat to see the red, white, and blue ones next to eachother :thumb: Remember what numbers they were?

BadAssPerformance
01-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Does anyone have pics of the 1990 blue CSX? I've never heard that before.

David needs to add this pic to ShelbyCSX.com :thumb: I would sooooooo buy this car if it came up for sale for a price I could afford!

GLHSKEN
01-28-2007, 10:15 AM
And that would be the color the blue one was. I believe the red one was 050 or 058. Only because I was talking with the owner for a while a couple years ago. Not sure though. No idea what the other #''s were. It was 18 years ago.

rdnoel86
01-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Now, to add more to the differently colored GLHS debate, there is a White 1987 Shelby GLHS sitting in one of my local wrecking yards. It is all white with regular Silver Dodge Shelby Charger graphics. The graphics are almost invisible over the Bright White paint.

It's too bad the White GLHS is in the wrecking yard. It's a rust free car with no body damage.

Ray
Central California[/QUOTE]

If the car is in good shape, can't it be saved from he junk yard? I'm sure theres many board members that would be willing to go get it....including me....lol

Holley
01-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Depends on the CA scrapyard laws ... I would be interested to find out what # it is, all parts of the puzzle :)

(better not start of the Neon CS and GTSs, lol)

ShelbyMotorsports
01-28-2007, 07:33 PM
And that would be the color the blue one was. I believe the red one was 050 or 058. Only because I was talking with the owner for a while a couple years ago. Not sure though. No idea what the other #''s were. It was 18 years ago.

#50 was owned by a guy in Santa Maria and was still wearing black paint a few years back.

Don't know about #58 but that car was shipped by Shelby Automobiles to a San Jose dealer.

Ken the 1990 prototype color is Bonsai Blue. I'm not sure Chrysler was using that color back in 1987. I'm thinking that the dealer probably used the blue paint from the GLH.

BadAssPerformance
01-28-2007, 09:24 PM
... If the car is in good shape, can't it be saved from he junk yard? I'm sure theres many board members that would be willing to go get it....including me....lol

Give it a try! At least you owe it to yourself and the rest of us to get pics and VIN and confirm what car number it is if it is a real "S" :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
01-28-2007, 09:29 PM
By the time Tim picked up his Blue Proto from the auction a day or so later, some knuclehead had bashed the front spoiler into a curb. Where the Bonzai chipped off, I could see the car was white underneath... The plot thickens:eyebrows:

stampederunner
01-28-2007, 11:33 PM
David needs to add this pic to ShelbyCSX.com :thumb: I would sooooooo buy this car if it came up for sale for a price I could afford!

If given the chance I would be all over it too. So does anyone know anything about the 90 CSX? Is it still around?

BadAssPerformance
01-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Last I head, Tim Pettijohn still had it but that was a few years ago.

Skibbe
01-29-2007, 12:17 AM

Drool...

ShelbyMotorsports
01-29-2007, 03:16 PM
By the time Tim picked up his Blue Proto from the auction a day or so later, some knuclehead had bashed the front spoiler into a curb. Where the Bonzai chipped off, I could see the car was white underneath... The plot thickens:eyebrows:

Don't forget the first 1989 CSX prototype(s) were in white. Good chance the 1990 proto used the white 89 proto that was sitting around.

Pat
01-29-2007, 10:51 PM
If given the chance I would be all over it too. So does anyone know anything about the 90 CSX? Is it still around?

Tim was talking about it at SDAC this year, so I assume it's still doing fine.

SpiritedShelbys
03-24-2007, 08:59 PM
I had an '87 GLHS some odd years ago which was dealer painted red, then finally blue. The only decals which were retained were the Shelby decals on the lower rockers and it actually looked sharp in blue. It originally came from Haddad Dodge in Bakersfield. There were a couple of people who had responded to my Q's about it who recalled it "back in the day." It's sad they didn't sell well... if only they could have seen 13 or so years into the future.

Turbo224
05-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Actually, I own the Starsky and Hutch GLHS. I just bought it out of California this spring. I seriously doubt that a dodge dealer painted this car the way it was. Who ever did it certainly did a good job, even though it is faded now. The reason I believe that someone else other than the dealer did it is because there is a small sticker in the bottom of the rear window from a "custom" decal/pin striping shop in california. Although it is perfectly possible that a dealer painted the car, and had a shop stick the red pin stripe sticker around the nose of the car.

Here are a few more shots of the car. You cant tell in the picture, but the only "GLHS" sticker that survived was the one on the front nose.

http://www.turbododge.com/dodge_pictures/files/9/3/3/3/glhs1.jpg

http://www.turbododge.com/dodge_pictures/files/9/3/3/3/glhs2.jpg

http://www.turbododge.com/dodge_pictures/files/9/3/3/3/glhsdoor.jpg

http://www.turbododge.com/dodge_pictures/files/9/3/3/3/glhs907tag.jpg

http://www.turbododge.com/dodge_pictures/files/9/3/3/3/glhsinterior.jpg

cordes
05-28-2007, 09:56 PM
I could see the dealer contracting that job out to someone if they were having a hard enough time selling it. I still can't believe those cars sat on the lot forever like I read about though. That just amazes me. I would have loved to have purchased a car like that new.

BadAssPerformance
05-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Actually, I own the Starsky and Hutch GLHS.

Nice to find out who picked it up, looks like you have a nice project right there :thumb:

Turbo224
05-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Nice to find out who picked it up, looks like you have a nice project right there :thumb:

Yeah, it should be a fun one. If I ever get th 16V in there it should be a blast at the track. Too bad I have some many other projects ahead of it. I probably wont even get to it untill next year.

BadAssPerformance
05-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean, I have a couple projects in the works right now and hope to get just one done by the SDAC convention!

ShelbyMotorsports
05-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Actually that sticker/decal is what convinced me that the modified paint job was done by the dealer when I looked at this car back 10 years or so.

Keep in mind when I refer to a dealer paint job that doesn't mean the actual dealer applied the paint. Yes it can mean that but it can also mean that the dealer sent the car out for the paint work and added a secondary window sticker for the dealer option.

Most dealers here in California do not have paint/body shops at the dealership. They contract the work out to a third party.

Somewhere I have some notes from back then and if I recall correctly there was more than one GLHS painted like this.

Steve

Turbo224
05-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Actually that sticker/decal is what convinced me that the modified paint job was done by the dealer when I looked at this car back 10 years or so.

Keep in mind when I refer to a dealer paint job that doesn't mean the actual dealer applied the paint. Yes it can mean that but it can also mean that the dealer sent the car out for the paint work and added a secondary window sticker for the dealer option.

Most dealers here in California do not have paint/body shops at the dealership. They contract the work out to a third party.

Somewhere I have some notes from back then and if I recall correctly there was more than one GLHS painted like this.

Steve

That would be interesting if another showed up somewhere. Too bad I dont have much info on the past of this car. I will have to check the sticker again and get the name of the place that did the paint. Maybe it will be helpful in some sort of way.

ShelbyMotorsports
05-29-2007, 07:25 PM
That would be interesting if another showed up somewhere. Too bad I dont have much info on the past of this car. I will have to check the sticker again and get the name of the place that did the paint. Maybe it will be helpful in some sort of way.

When I looked at the car it was being sold by the second owner. I can't recall if I contacted the original owner, the selling dealership or the company shown on the sticker but one of them gave me the info on more than one car was painted.

Its possible that different colors were used and that they were not all identical.

Turbo224
04-17-2010, 05:08 AM
Yeah, I am bringing this one back from th dead. Steve, any chance you could try to find any of that info/pictures about this car? I would love anything you could provide about the history of the paint on this thing. If I could document that it left the dealers lot like this I might even consider leaving this paint scheme on it even though it is pretty awful.

Somewhere in storage I have a bunch of pics of this car including the details on the paint scheme.

Steve

Turbo224
04-17-2010, 05:16 AM
Whoa, looks like this guy hasn't been on the site for a LONG time. Anyone from the Cali area know him?

supercrackerbox
04-17-2010, 05:37 AM
Lol, I thought this thread seemed familiar . . .

If you click on his screen name, you'll have an option to View Public Profile. On that screen, look for the tab that says Contact Info, and that will have an option to Send Message Via Email. It might be worth a shot.

2.216VTurbo
04-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Whoa, looks like this guy hasn't been on the site for a LONG time. Anyone from the Cali area know him?

He spends his hours working for Shelby now if you can believe it, talk about the perfect job for him:eyebrows: Best way to contact him is over at TeamShelby.com where he moderates. Go to any thread in the Shelby Dodge sub forum. He won't be hard to find;)

Turbo224
04-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the info Alan, I will try that.

JohnnyIroc
04-18-2010, 01:17 AM
wow pretty cool thread thanks for bringing it back!