PDA

View Full Version : E bodys

cordes
11-21-2006, 10:38 PM
I recently picked up an 86' 600 convertable for my GF. I want it to be around 300HP, and I want to swap the auto for a 5 speed.

I was wondering if you K/E body guys could fill me in on what interchanges between the two body styles. Could I swap a manual pedal setup out of a K car (if they had them I really don't know)? What about all the other goodies I would want? Could I put a dual pivot K-frame in the car etc...

Really I am looking for all the info about E body turbo cars I can find, since they were never really anything I followed until recently.

BadAssPerformance
11-21-2006, 11:03 PM
The manual pedal assembly from anything A,E,G,H,J,K,P should fit or be close to fitting.

Check out The coolest E-body Ever! (http://www.badassperformance.com/sdac/newyorker.html)

cordes
11-22-2006, 07:52 PM
That car is one of the reasons I got into the TMs in the first place. I worked in the shop with a guy who had the magazine article, and he picked up my shadow because of it. I later purchased the car from him, and now you know the rest of the story!

BadAssPerformance
11-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Cool story! yep that old beast is a part of TM history now!

cordes
11-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Indeed. Are there any upcoming plans for the car at all?

BadAssPerformance
11-23-2006, 01:00 PM
It was in a flood :( details and pics to come...

shmedley
11-23-2006, 01:45 PM
It was in a flood :( details and pics to come...

I think that might be one of the only times if not the only time we washed that car since the club put it all together. Too bad it was also washed on the inside of everything... :(

JDAWG
11-23-2006, 06:35 PM
yea man an e is just a longer k, anything is interchangeable, the e's were just a little more luxury oriented

cordes
11-24-2006, 09:30 PM
yea man an e is just a longer k, anything is interchangeable, the e's were just a little more luxury oriented

That is what I figured. I thought it would be kind of the same situation as the charger and the omni. Good to know.

That really sucks about the new yorker being in a flood. I would not think that you would really have to worry about that in chi town.

BadAssPerformance
11-24-2006, 09:35 PM
It was in storage south of I-80... long story. It was in a barn with several other cars... We'll update the website when we get pictures.

cordes
11-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Wow, that is too bad for sure.