PDA

View Full Version : good/bad day at the track

Purpleskunk
11-19-2006, 02:43 PM
so i went out to the track for the last time of the season just to have some fun and run against my g/f's brother. He was driving a ZX2 pretty much bone stock has a typhoon K&N intake, and a cat back exhaust. i had the skunk out there still stock exhaust and 10 psi. everything else is bone stock. had some decent runs i guess for that set up, we were both in the 16's. i beat him twice, then lost to a pro style drag car, but treed the pro so i was happy. then he goes out for his 3rd run and out runs a bmw 318 i. 4th run for him was devestating. his car was at the light, he brings it up to about 2500rpm, and when he releases the cluth..............clack and some grinding. looks like he blew out the diff or something internal like that. the car runs, and will go reluctantly, but the is a clunk and some grinding, so we parked it and had it towed home. over all not a bad day for me but a terrible day for him.

I know it wasn't very interesting but thought id share anyways

R/T
11-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Were there any 6,000,000,000,000 HP imports running 17's like I saw at Tristate 2 weeks ago??? :lol:

Any progress on the Laser??

Purpleskunk
11-20-2006, 01:42 PM
no not alot of imports, but a few "decent"(mid 13's to mid 14's imports. and as far as progress on the laser, no more leaks and intercooler is being plumbed this week turbo to intercooler is done just gotta finish up the other half. also i still have to figure out the exhaust issue.