PDA

View Full Version : TU Performance Oil Pans

Chris W
01-11-2006, 06:47 PM
TU now offers Performance oil pans for Chrysler 2.2 and 2.5 applications. These are available for both Commonblock and Non-Commonblock powerplants. You may have already seen these at our booth at SDAC 15. Pricing and additional information can be found here:

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/index.php?cPath=124

More new products will be introduced for 2006. Keep checking back.

We appreciate everyone's support!

Chris-TU

altered7151
01-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Arggh, you zoned in on my brainwaves and stole my idea:p I have been modifying a pan that looks real similar. To anyone looking to buy one of these, thats a smokin' deal. I've spent a good 4-5 hours on it and am still not done, not to mention the material. So figure about $60 an hour for what a fab shop would charge you and I'm already around $250 into it and not done.

turbovanmanČ
01-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Wow, for a $175, what a deal. :amen:

Una
01-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Not trying to be rude... Is it just the one sheet of metal welded in? I don't see any mention of trap doors or other deluxe type features...

turbovanmanČ
01-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Not trying to be rude... Is it just the one sheet of metal welded in? I don't see any mention of trap doors or other deluxe type features...

If you got to his site via the link, it has trap doors, they do look welded in.

Una
01-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I did, didn't see them. Good to know there's more than just one piece of metal in there. ;)

Frank
01-12-2006, 12:07 AM
I saw these in person.... its awesome quality and very very well thought out.

firebaron90
01-12-2006, 01:08 AM
+1

This pan is first class, I am starting to drool, thank you god quality! Chris I WILL be ordering one as soon as I take care of another TD related bill.

JOe

johnl
01-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Darn you Chris!

Less than a month ago, I spent bought tools and materials and then spent a day or two building mine, and it's not as nice!

What's worse? I failed to think of turbo oil drain back!

Good job:)

firebaron90
01-12-2006, 02:42 AM
Chris, does the deep sump require a modified Pick up? If so, is it included?

JOe

Chris W
01-12-2006, 03:37 AM
I appreciate all the kudos guys:thumb: Sounds like I made a few people happy:D Other additions for 2006 include a whole new line of calibrations which should make even more people happy. Stay tuned to T-M in the next couple of weeks for new TU product announcements.

CHEERS!

Chris-TU

Chris W
01-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Chris, does the deep sump require a modified Pick up? If so, is it included?

JOe

Not needed Joe. The pickup used for the factry deep pan is the same used on the TU deep pan.

I'd love to provide detailed photos of the windage tray and trap doors but I'm not going to. You'll just have to take my word and the opinions of those that saw these at SDAC to confirm the quality. The tray is held in place by Dzus fasteners so that it can be removed easily.

Hope that helps.

Chris-TU

firebaron90
01-12-2006, 12:31 PM
You'll just have to take my word and the opinions of those that saw these at SDAC to confirm the quality. The tray is held in place by Dzus fasteners so that it can be removed easily.

Ok, understood. That removeability does come in handy when picking bearing material out of your pan.....:D

Austrian Dodge
01-12-2006, 05:37 PM
sweeeeet, i will order one soon ;)

JuXsA
01-30-2006, 11:45 AM
I gotta ask, whats the advantage of going this route instead of going with one of those ishara-johnson windage/baffled/crank scrapper setups? They are both about the same price, and with the ishara setup you get a crankscraper.... im not trying to be critical just trying to figure out what I am going to get for my 2.5 w/o balance shafts.

altered7151
01-30-2006, 12:06 PM
The pans have baffles in them, so it keeps the oil located by the pickup during spirited driving. So you get the baffles and windage tray all in one.

The S is Silent
01-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Chris, have you recieved the package I sent you?

I can't wait to get it back!

JuXsA
01-30-2006, 02:50 PM
The pans have baffles in them, so it keeps the oil located by the pickup during spirited driving. So you get the baffles and windage tray all in one.

As I understand it the ishara-johnson thing also has baffles that keep the oil around the pick during cornering. So i gotta ask, which is better for the money?

Turbodave
01-30-2006, 05:32 PM
As I understand it the ishara-johnson thing also has baffles that keep the oil around the pick during cornering. So i gotta ask, which is better for the money?

I've never seen any of the Ishara-Johnson crank scrapers offered with oil pan baffles, is this something new they've got?

The thing I like about the oil pan with the baffles and windage tray welded in is that it's a lot easier to install and less likely to leak (in my opinion) than a set of crank scrapers that are sandwiched between the pan and block.

Mario
01-30-2006, 06:02 PM
I've never seen any of the Ishara-Johnson crank scrapers offered with oil pan baffles, is this something new they've got?

The thing I like about the oil pan with the baffles and windage tray welded in is that it's a lot easier to install and less likely to leak (in my opinion) than a set of crank scrapers that are sandwiched between the pan and block.

Yeah. Check out my post in the Maintenance & General Tech forum.

Turbodave
01-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah. Check out my post in the Maintenance & General Tech forum.

Cool, much different from their old offerings. Both seem like decent ways to keep oil where it belongs in your engine.

I'll probably calling Chris in a month or two for one his pans to put on my Shadow. I like the idea that I can just drop my pan and swap a ready to go one in it's place, no messing around with removing and re-torquing rod bolts or anything.

For the 2.2 currently on the stand going into my Rampage I'm not sure which route I'll take, but it sure is nice to have options...:thumb:

Chris W
01-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Chris, have you recieved the package I sent you?

I can't wait to get it back!

Hi Matt,

Yes, it arrived safely last week. I wil let you know once the oil pan has been completed and when the pan and header are on their way back to you.

Thanks for your support!

Chris-TU

John B
05-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Man, this extra capacity pan holds some oil! I've been pouring oil in for about a week now and it's just now showing on the stick...:love:

Austrian Dodge
05-05-2011, 10:06 AM
you're supposed to put the drain plug back in ;)

just messin'

85glht
05-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Man, this extra capacity pan holds some oil! I've been pouring oil in for about a week now and it's just now showing on the stick...:love:

just messin'

That is funny

John B
05-06-2011, 01:01 AM

just messin'

Drain plug? Hmmm, there is a bit of a mess on the floor now that you mention it...:p

BTW, for those interested, the TU extra capacity pan takes 10 quarts, plus one for the Ford 5l filter.

168glhs1986
05-06-2011, 08:18 PM
BTW, for those interested, the TU extra capacity pan takes 10 quarts, plus one for the Ford 5l filter.

Mine is going in soon. According to website it holds 2 extra quarts. You sure it's 10 total?

bakes
05-06-2011, 08:51 PM
How about a pic of that bad boy!!!!

4cefedomni
05-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Mine holds about 6.5 but I'm going to see how full that makes the pan and might try to add more.
Would any harm come from filling up to just below the Windage tray??
At that level it wouldn't be touching the rotating assembly and the tray should stop it from sloshing up onto it

John B
05-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Mine is going in soon. According to website it holds 2 extra quarts. You sure it's 10 total?

Unless I lost count! I'll count empties next trip to the garage and confirm.

bakes
05-07-2011, 01:31 AM
My 2.5 CB blance shaft pan holds 8l on my 89 T2 CB motor so with the extra 2l sounds right.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Mine holds about 6.5 but I'm going to see how full that makes the pan and might try to add more.
Would any harm come from filling up to just below the Windage tray??
At that level it wouldn't be touching the rotating assembly and the tray should stop it from sloshing up onto it

bring it up to the windage tray

John B
05-07-2011, 07:08 AM
OK, counted empties and there were ten. That brings it to the full mark on the stick before starting with a new dry engine and filter, so figure another quart by the time oil gets pumped to all the places it has to go.

Chris W
05-07-2011, 12:43 PM
10 quarts does seem a bit high. Keep in mind if you use the wrong dipstick it will provide incorrect full levels.

Before installing the pan it might be best to fill it with water and measure the amount to determine what will bring it just under the windage tray. Remember when the engine is running pan oil levels will be lower because you have a couple of quarts being dispersed throughout the engine.

Chris-TU3079330794

John B
05-08-2011, 02:14 AM
10 quarts does seem a bit high. Keep in mind if you use the wrong dipstick it will provide incorrect full levels.

It's the original dip stick for the car/engine, ie, '91 commonblock. I have the balance shafts removed. Do I need a different dip-stick with the extra capacity oil pan?

Chris W
05-09-2011, 01:30 PM
It's the original dip stick for the car/engine, ie, '91 commonblock. I have the balance shafts removed. Do I need a different dip-stick with the extra capacity oil pan?

No, you can use the same dipstick. Just mark it to the correct height after measuring the height per my previous post.

Chris-TU

John B
05-10-2011, 03:02 AM
No, you can use the same dipstick. Just mark it to the correct height after measuring the height per my previous post.

Chris-TU I already have the pan on. I guess it wouldn't hurt to run it at the "add oil" mark?