PDA

View Full Version : test drove an 03 srt4

85glht
11-17-2006, 08:36 PM
A local used car dealer near me has an 03 srt4 which I checked out. Very clean car inside and out. The car has a few mods in it including mopar stage two w/toys, mopar blow off valve, short shifter and a few other things. Well I drove the car and the car was a PIG! It only boosted to 7 psi at WOT and it couldn't even break the tires loose on wet pavement.....WTF!? I think (know) that there is something wrong with this car cause I drove a stock 05 last spring and that car screwed for something that was off the new car dealers lot. Any ideas??

I've decided not to buy the car for this reason. I'll wait for something else.

boneyardracing
11-17-2006, 09:28 PM
The computer went into everything has gone to hell mode solution EMS. It was probally driven very hard and is just wearing out. It is a shame though.

86lance
11-17-2006, 09:40 PM
How much are they asking for the srt? Some idiot probabaly set a bunch of stuff up wrong.

Keito
11-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Was the DAB on the turbo toys bezel on 3?
If it was set to 1 or 2 you would only get 5-7 lbs of boost.

85glht
11-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Was the DAB on the turbo toys bezel on 3?
If it was set to 1 or 2 you would only get 5-7 lbs of boost.

O.K. I saw that dial thing and I didn't pay any attention to where it was. DAB?? What does that do? I just knew about the switch for the 100 octane fuel.

How much are they asking for the srt? Some idiot probabaly set a bunch of stuff up wrong.

$14,995. It is in the ballpark according to kelly blue book. The car is really clean but unfortunatly I'm gonna pass on it.

86lance
11-18-2006, 07:15 PM
i thought ive seen them elsewhere for alot less

85glht
11-18-2006, 07:23 PM
i thought ive seen them elsewhere for alot less

Yes, I have also. This car only has 30,xxx miles on it. For three years old it is under average.
Doesn't matter to me anymore, I'm gonna wait for next spring. No sense in buying a car now just to store it for the winter.

86lance
11-18-2006, 07:40 PM
although buying a car in the winter generally is cheaper because tons of people want something with 4x4 or awd. I couldnt even find a decent geo tracker for under 2k

WickedShelby88
11-19-2006, 08:15 AM
The area plays a role too. You will find vehicles cheaper in say the Rockford area than you would in Downers Grove. I know a guy who bought a tracker for 600 once that had hail damage. It only have 30k on it and was about 4 years old at the time. Just shop around. If your willing rebuilt cars depending on what was done or how bad the damage can be the way to go.

Keito
11-19-2006, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=85glht;97193]O.K. I saw that dial thing and I didn't pay any attention to where it was. DAB?? What does that do? I just knew about the switch for the 100 octane fuel.

The DAB is between the intercooler sprayer switch and the
100 octane switch. It's a wheel with numbers 0-3. 0 is the lowest boost setting and 3 is the highest.
With it set on 3, (with enough octane), it should break the tires loose
in 2nd gear. I say "with enough octane" because you know the dealer
put 87 in it.

85glht
11-20-2006, 08:28 PM
The DAB is between the intercooler sprayer switch and the
100 octane switch. It's a wheel with numbers 0-3. 0 is the lowest boost setting and 3 is the highest.
With it set on 3, (with enough octane), it should break the tires loose
in 2nd gear. I say "with enough octane" because you know the dealer
put 87 in it.

Thanks....I now know for the next time:thumb:

Aries_Turbo
11-20-2006, 11:44 PM
I couldnt even find a decent geo tracker for under 2k

sorry dude.... i got one for free! 96 with 130k on it

Clay
11-21-2006, 08:51 AM
DAB = dial-a-boost I believe.

85glht
11-25-2006, 05:13 PM
O.K. well, I went to look at the car again. No one else had driven it since I did and sure enough the DAB wheel was on 0. I turned it to 3 and the car did run really well. Kind of what I expected, first gear, useless and second gear I felt the steering wheel fight back and fourth and third gear we were off and running.

Well my wife was sitting in the back seat for this test drive and she noticed water on the inside of the rear window. Red flag went up and when we got back to the dealer I fished around and then felt the carpet on the drivers side floor...........It was wet. Is there a common thing with these things for leaks?? I do remember my omni did leak when new and it was coming from the rear tail light. I kind of hope that is what it is. Any more input would be greatfull.