PDA

View Full Version : Removing windows in 89 Spirit

bfarroo
11-16-2006, 02:05 AM
I'm currently tareing down my 89 spirit for a paint job. I have everything off except for the outer window scrapers. The only way to get to the screws is to remove the glass. This was easy in the daytonas, 3 nuts and drop the window down into the door. On the spirit everything is pop rivited! Who at Dodge had this great idea. So my question is what is the easiest way to get the window out so I can remove the outer window scrapers?

Thanks,

Speedeuphoria
11-16-2006, 09:45 AM
I assume that your talking about the front windows
If you roll the window down, then take a small screw driver to pry the felt stuff on the track, you will see little notches or places where the track is wider where the glass can pop out(2 places).you need the window about half way rolled down or so(so the notches and the riveted slide parts are positioned)and then pull the glass forward and down, towards the front of the car and the top will pop out of the track, then pull the bottom out. It will take a little force, but not hard

the rears are a diff story, you have to unbolt the track and some trim for the quarter glass, then roll the window down(youll have to roll it up or down a little as you pull it out)shimmy it to the outside of the car and up(the quarter glass, track and door glass)

I just did it last year when I painted mine so lmk if you have more trouble, its not hard just hard to type

bfarroo
11-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the info I'll take a look today and see what I can do.