PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle

1qk4dr
11-12-2006, 03:12 PM
What a morning! Tracy, a bunch friends and I made it over to a test drive to remember. I got to drive an SRT-8 Jeep, Srt-8 300, Aspen Hemi, Ram 1500 hemi, Compass, 4 dr wrangler, Sebring, Durango Hemi and so on. Very sweet morning and lots of tire smoke. Especially from the viper and ram Srt-10 drifting show. There was no wait to drive these cars either. Too bad some people turn this one down.

R/T
11-12-2006, 03:47 PM
It was a blast, I drove the SRT 8 Charger and the SRT 300....

Oh.

My.

God.

Wow, what sweet cars, just amazing!! :nod:

And I almost got put in time out for lighting up the tires on the Hemi Ram.... :o

Basically we got to drive all the new Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep cars, AND got free hot dogs. :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
11-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Sounds like some serious fun, :thumb:

1qk4dr
11-13-2006, 12:33 AM
Tracy not saying we'll win or anything but there will be 1 crossfire giving out at each event. The winner will be notified and thinking about how many people attended this event we should have a good chance on winning it,lol.

Mike_Shepard
11-13-2006, 01:24 AM
What a minute, Did anyone take pics of this im sure you guys where running around crazy like

sexygomer
11-14-2006, 08:56 PM
it was probably one of the best beginnings to a sunday ever. thanx again jojo. :thumb: it's a good thing i wore two pair of underwear...i mean...

R/T
11-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Did anyone get pics??

1qk4dr
11-15-2006, 12:40 PM
I really don't think any of my friend shot any pics. I didn't have a camera on me so I wasn't able to either.

BF/STOCKER SPIRIT
11-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Really A Aspen Hemi What Body Stile Is It,old School Cool,thank Guys,jimmy

turboshadow
11-15-2006, 01:55 PM
i had alot of fun:thumb: evan though frenchie didnt like me drifting the hemi durango:eyebrows:

devlish
11-15-2006, 03:37 PM
... AND got free hot dogs. :thumb:

oh man, i'd have gone just for that!! it'd be a bonus to drive such cool cars though.

SwiftTech
11-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Really A Aspen Hemi What Body Stile Is It,old School Cool,thank Guys,jimmy

Its the new Chrysler Aspen, basically a Durango with different badges.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/chrysler/aspen.html

GLHS592
11-15-2006, 08:01 PM
How did you get to drive all those cars? Is this event something that might make it to Nashville? Educate me on this please. :)

turboshadow
11-15-2006, 09:17 PM
http://www.ridedrivewin.com/pr
it looks like its only making two more stops in orlando and dallas.

Dave
11-15-2006, 09:40 PM
WTF so you get to drive 400+HP cars for free and get hotdogs!? :eek: Damn you southerners!

sexygomer
11-15-2006, 10:13 PM
WTF so you get to drive 400+HP cars for free and get hotdogs!? :eek: Damn you southerners!

hells yea, and not just hot dogs, they had sauerkraut and soup too.

"Wheelspin in a pickup...it is not a sports car" :rockon:

R/T
11-16-2006, 09:04 AM
How did you get to drive all those cars? Is this event something that might make it to Nashville? Educate me on this please. :)

They had an autocross style cone course set up in King's Island parking lot, 1 lap in each car.

Joe got an invite in the mail, then we signed up over the net.

I got an invite back when the PT Cruiser came out, it's a big test drive event put on by Chrysler.

Best part: On the Dodge track, there was a sign that said: " Hard Acceleration" when you first pulled up to start..... ;)

I used the SRT Charger to it's full potential.... :nod:

YEEEEHAAAAW!!!

1qk4dr
11-16-2006, 09:16 AM

We didn't just drive, we drove the heck out of these cars,lol. I have a better understanding on how each car handles and you can only do that at their limits. Thinking about it I had more fun driving around in Kings Islands parking lot then I have had in the actual park,lol.

Gomer I'm riding shotgun with you next time. You actually scared me,lol.

R/T
11-16-2006, 01:49 PM
It started at 9am on a cold, windy Sunday, the Bengals were playing San Diego at home that day - there were not many people there at all, AND they were giving away a new Crossfire at each event!!!

So we hooligans got about as many drives in the "standard" Mopars as we wanted!! :nod:

When you regisered at the desk, they gave you 2 "SRT" tickets, you got to choose between 2 of the Cherokee, Crossfire, Charger, and 300 SRT cars to drive.

My biggest suprise: How strong the new 4.0L Pacifica is, how nice it handled.
We all knew how strong the Hemi cars were going to be, the Pacifica was a pleasant suprise.

And I could have stood there all day just listening to the SRT Charger blast off down the straight..... :amen:

1qk4dr
11-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm going to agree with RT the new 4.0liter in the Pacifica was sweet. Especially mated to the new 6speed auto. Right out of the corners you could apply throttle and there was no waiting. I had a G tech meter in the car I drove to the event and I should of popped it on the windshield of each car I tested. The only thing that kept me from doing that was the fact I didn't want to waste time going back to my car.