PDA

View Full Version : Custom projector head lights for a Mini?

turbovanmanČ
11-10-2006, 05:41 PM
I am running HID's in my van, it has the composite lights. They work great but due to the huge area, they really reflect the light back out, thus I have to aim them low so I don't blind anyone. They still work better than what I had BUT they could be better. I need a projector type headlight made, any idea's on where to get some, who could make some etc?

BadAssPerformance
11-10-2006, 05:48 PM
You just want them for the style, LOL...

Seriously tho, there are several projector lights out there, just have to search.

maybe just some good driving lights?

turbovanmanČ
11-10-2006, 05:50 PM
You just want them for the style, LOL...

Seriously tho, there are several projector lights out there, just have to search.

maybe just some good driving lights?

Don't want driving lights. :eyebrows:

I just want to use the HID's to there potential. There absolutely amazing, I put them in my 98 Jimmy and again, night and day differnence. Every car should have these things. They work nicely in the Jimmy as the headlight is very small so I can keep the factory aim. Believe it or not, they work better in the rain, :nod:

Whorse
11-10-2006, 06:15 PM
They suck when you are in oncoming traffic though.

turbovanmanČ
11-10-2006, 06:23 PM
They suck when you are in oncoming traffic though.

All depends on if there aimed correctly. I don't get flashed now that I aimed them lower.

BadAssPerformance
11-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Don't want driving lights. :eyebrows:

I just want to use the HID's to there potential. There absolutely amazing, I put them in my 98 Jimmy and again, night and day differnence. Every car should have these things. They work nicely in the Jimmy as the headlight is very small so I can keep the factory aim. Believe it or not, they work better in the rain, :nod:

It's raining like hel now... Would be a good day for them.

Turbulence
11-10-2006, 07:31 PM
I am running HID's in my van, it has the composite lights. They work great but due to the huge area, they really reflect the light back out, thus I have to aim them low so I don't blind anyone. They still work better than what I had BUT they could be better. I need a projector type headlight made, any idea's on where to get some, who could make some etc?

Where did you get them Simon and what brand are they?

Martin
89 Horizon

turbovanmanČ
11-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Where did you get them Simon and what brand are they?

Martin
89 Horizon

I got them off Ebay. I bought a bunch and selling them. She gave me a good deal but there regularly around $150-$180 US plus shipping. I have had them on for about a month or so and so far, so good. If I did it again, I would probably get the 4300K for the vans, a bit dimmer so to speak.

speedyshelby
11-11-2006, 04:37 PM
I thought someone awhile ago had made lights for there minivan my modifing ford superduty lights any one remeber them?

turbovanmanČ
11-11-2006, 04:56 PM
I think your right, will have to try and dig it up. I thought I remembered that but wasn't sure.

turbovanmanČ
11-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Well, after searching TD and the web for hours, I finally figured it out, here they are. I hope he gets back to me-

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/321255/8

mcsvt
11-13-2006, 11:06 AM
^^Wow that actually looks great :nod:

turbovanmanČ
11-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, looked on Ebay, there around $100 plus $40-50 shipping, rip off for shipping, grrrrrrr. I checked my local supplier and they wanted $541-:eek: :wow1:

I just learned today that APC kind of went under.

Aries_Turbo
11-25-2006, 11:45 PM
late to the party....

you could just take out the lights, make flat panels and use Bi-Xenon's... i hear alot of folks like Benz E-class ones (or something like that)

Brian

RedDeerGLH
11-26-2006, 01:16 AM
I just learned today that APC kind of went under

That usually means they'll be at princess auto in a couple months then.:D

turbovanmanČ
11-26-2006, 05:45 AM
I am not going to bother for now, I learned that the projector lights use a different bulb than stock and that if you go HID, you need to get the shorter bulbs otherwise you'll burn thru the light so screw it, :eyebrows: :p

Aries_Turbo
11-27-2006, 09:38 PM
^^^ I was actually talking about using the entire projector and its correct housing and just making a flat panel instead of the stock light to mount the projector in. :)

Brian

Reeves
02-20-2007, 12:56 AM
I need some light pretty bad on the front of my van! I don't care if they are projectors, or clear lenses (prefered) or stock clean replacements. Got any ideas? Simon, did you figure anything out?

I didn't like the look of the yellow lenses..so I fixed them...and now I have damn near no light at night (OVC shut up!) Haha! They look better in the day though!

turbovanmanČ
02-20-2007, 12:59 AM
I need some light pretty bad on the front of my van! I don't care if they are projectors, or clear lenses (prefered) or stock clean replacements. Got any ideas? Simon, did you figure anything out?

I didn't like the look of the yellow lenses..so I fixed them...and now I have damn near no light at night (OVC shut up!) Haha! They look better in the day though!

Its called HID bulbs, lol!

I have them and there awesome, the only problem is there BRIGHT. You need to aim them down and tape off the top inch.

Reeves
02-20-2007, 05:27 AM
I probably wouldn't have to worry about the brightness since my headlights are BLACKED OUT! lol

Know of any cheap replacement headlamp assemblies to get the new clean clear look (non-blacked out?)

PM me a Reeves price on a set of HID's. Otherwise, I start telling stories!
:lol: