PDA

View Full Version : Injector question

1FastCSX289
01-10-2006, 08:42 PM
My intention is to "play" with my R/T a little while im waiting on selling my WS6, which will allow me to get serious with it. For now, I have a MBC and a 2.5" FWD exhaust. I just got my +20's the other day from FM. I made an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and was planning on doing the regulator and injectors today. Then I could crank the boost to just below cut-out.

Well, I got the regulator in and with the set screw all the way out, the fuel pressure was at 55 PSI. Cant go any lower. Ooops. I made the body of the regulator too short. Ive got to make another one now.

I got to thinking about this, and I started doing the +20's and lowering the fuel pressure because thats what everyone does to raise the boost a little on the T3. Well, why is it that no one just cranks the fuel pressure up and uses the stock injector? If you put more pressure to the injector, will it not flow the more fuel at the same duty cycle? And from what I understand, the stock injector at the stock duty cycle is just shy of providing enough fuel at 15 PSI. So, do I need +20's? DO I need to redo the regulator?

MOPAR2YA
01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
You can only squeeze so much fuel through a small hole and maxing out the DC can cause injector to prematurely fail. Understand that Mopar rates their injectors at 55 psi and the industry does it at 43.5 psi. Id opt for the +20s and a bit less base FP. Better safe than sorry.

1FastCSX289
01-12-2006, 01:46 PM
You can only squeeze so much fuel through a small hole and maxing out the DC can cause injector to prematurely fail. Understand that Mopar rates their injectors at 55 psi and the industry does it at 43.5 psi. Id opt for the +20s and a bit less base FP. Better safe than sorry.

Just finished it up. Plus 20's and the new homemade regulator. This one works. Im gonna go tune it in a bit.