PDA

View Full Version : If I use A...

shelbyES
11-08-2006, 02:28 PM
High flow cat w/ a bullet or dynomax super turbo is it noticably quieter? I don't see anybody mention Magnaflow do they not flow as good?
Curt.

MiniMopar
11-08-2006, 02:44 PM
I have a cat + Super Turbo on my 3" system. It's about the same as stock...maybe a tad louder. If you use non-stock mounts, it will be louder inside the passenger compartment due to vibration transfer.

Frank
11-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Magnaflow are quieter, have a cleaner sound, and dont resonate nearly as bad when compared to all other options. Why they arent mentioned as much is the $30+ price increase.

Frank

MiniMopar
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
I also have an Ultraflo oval of the exact same dinensions as the Super Turbo so that I can swap them whenever I wish. I haven't tried the Ultraflo yet....

turbovanmanČ
11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Cats will quieten down the exhaust. How much depends on the size and quality of cat installed.

John B
11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't expect anyone to believe this, but I replaced a 3" Hooker MaxFlow muffler with a 3" Magnaflow cat and it is actually louder than it was.

altered7151
11-11-2006, 01:14 AM
I have the magnaflow oval on my charger with my 3" exhaust. Its got a 3" swingvalve and downpipe, and no cat. Honestly I was a little dissapointed at first that it was so quiet. My charger is just a car I take out to have some fun and not a daily driver, so I have no problem with a little bit louder exhaust. When I first fired it up it definitally had a nice deep tone to it, it wasn't until I took it out and got into the loud pedal that I fell in love with it. Its decently quite cruising around, but definitally has some balls to it, but when you nail it is has an awesome sound to it. I got mine for like $73 at summit which I think is a steal for the sound and a full stainless muffler.

Frank
11-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Exactly my thoughts on it also. Of course for me, I wanted quieter... after driving a V6 around with a Thrush on it... wow.

moparman76_69
12-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Exactly my thoughts on it also. Of course for me, I wanted quieter... after driving a V6 around with a Thrush on it... wow.

Yeah I thought going with the 31" would keep it from being too lound but it sounds like a freaking honda when i get in the gas, i hate the sound of hondas.