PDA

View Full Version : turbo 2.4l wrangler????

nick@bossautosports
11-08-2006, 01:16 PM
i am buying a 04 wrangler this week with the 2.4l powertech motor in it. as a previous owner of a dodge srt-4, how identical are the two motors? i know they are both dohc and 2.4l and obviously the internals are going to be different. say if i wanted to drop in a srt-4 motor would the tranny bolt up or would i need a custom bellhousing? i already know i would have to fab a new intake manifold and such.

TurboGLH
11-08-2006, 02:43 PM
The 2.4 used in the wrangler is the same basic 2.4 used in everything, but it may have slight differences in the block to account for the different mount position.

You would have to take a closer look at your 2.4 to see if that is the case or not. If not then bolting a turbo 2.4 into the car would be a pretty easy job, otherwise you would most likely have to use the stock block and do a rebuild on the motor with stronger internals.

WVRampage
11-11-2006, 12:08 AM
An make a tubular header and a holset and a big tubular intake,and have fun.This is a project that came to mind a few years back when I owned a SRT-4 and then got a jeep I realy want to see one.