PDA

View Full Version : COMING SOON- G-Body 3" Cat Back Exhaust System Kits

Chris W
11-08-2006, 03:24 AM
We have successfully installed our 3" mandrel bent exhaust kit in a CS Daytona today. We should be ready to release them to the public after a couple weeks of testing. The pipes are aluminized steel. How many of you are still interested in obtaining a kit?

Thanks for everyone's patience,

Chris-TU

mcsvt
11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I'd go 3"! :D Any possiblity of an introductory price for them as well? ;) Because I would put my name on that list with a deposit even.

That may actually be perfect timing. Thanks Chris :thumb:

Anonymous_User
11-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah, if at the introductory price.....

Are these ready to install with all mouting tabs attached? Do the come with a test pipe or will I need a piece of pipe - er.. cat - to insall? Do they go all the way out the back or do they stop where a muffler would be installed?

Frank
11-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Introductory price? Ya can't be that cheap can you? ;) (that was a joke)

mcsvt
11-08-2006, 12:41 PM
It was offered on the L-body one when it came out, so you know I had to ask :)

banger68
11-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Definately interested. Would need to know how much and how bad for shipping to southern Ontario.

Chris W
11-08-2006, 02:35 PM
We will be offering the first 10 kits at $99. like we did with the L-Body cat back exhaust kits. After that the cost will be $140. Shipping costs will most likely be less with this kit because it comes in 3 parts instead of two. Oversize box may not be required. We are still working on that part.

Some or all of the mounting tabs will be included. I won't have a final answer on that until we are ready to release. The kit comes with a straight exhaust pipe that extends back from the catalytic convertor. Since catalytic convertors can vary in size you may or may not need to shorten this pipe. A muffler is required for this kit or a straight 3" section can be obtained and installed in it's place. The kit does not include a catalytic convertor or muffler.

Chris-TU

Anonymous_User
11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Sign me up for one at the introductory price when available. Do you accept paypal or cc over the phone?

Chris W
11-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Definately interested. Would need to know how much and how bad for shipping to southern Ontario.

To get an approximate cost you can create a mock order using the L-Body exhaust kit. Cost for shipping will appear before you complete the order process. That should give you a rough idea on shipping cost to your part of the world. As mentioned earlier, the G-Body kits will be less expensive since they come in 3 sections.

Chris-TU

Chris W
11-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Sign me up for one at the introductory price when available. Do you accept paypal or cc over the phone?

We accept PayPal online only. At this time we do not accept CC over the phone.

Chris-TU

mcsvt
11-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Ok, all good news I say. I will definately take one.

Is it going to come out between 11/16 and 11/28? I will be out of the country with no internet access. Chris PM me or something if so, hopefully we can work something out :thumb:

Chris W
11-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Ok, all good news I say. I will definately take one.

Is it going to come out between 11/16 and 11/28? I will be out of the country with no internet access. Chris PM me or something if so, hopefully we can work something out :thumb:

I may just add this to our website in the next couple of days to accept pre-orders at the $99. price.

I'll post on the message boards once they are up.

Chris-TU

banger68
11-08-2006, 05:30 PM
I cannot get a price for USPS, it says that it's getting an error. (UPS rapes us with the brokerage fees) But I'll definately take one if it's in the same price range.

Chris W
11-08-2006, 05:35 PM
I cannot get a price for USPS, it says that it's getting an error. (UPS rapes us with the brokerage fees) But I'll definately take one if it's in the same price range.

Shipping larger items through UPS is usually less expensive to Canada. I am still working out the bugs of USPS shipping. Can't say how much more expensive it would be to Canada and if the brokerage fee savings would be offset or not using USPS.

Chris-TU

Chris W
11-09-2006, 12:35 AM

Just because our site says UPS doesn't mean we won't ship through another company. We will ship through whichever carrier you prefer. Just state in the note section who you would like us to ship through and we will take it from there.

Chris-TU

Chris W
11-09-2006, 04:09 AM
We are now taking Pre-Orders for the Daytona/Shadow 3" Mandrel Cat Back Exhaust Kits. Introductory offer will end once 10 kits are sold. Kitswill be shipping once testing has been completed in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for everyone's support!

Chris-TU

WOP'R
11-09-2006, 04:37 AM
I have just ordered 2 ! :thumb: Paypal payment already made !

Will I get reimbursed if the final shipping costs turn out to be less than what I just paid ? Seeing how the shipping costs were based on the larger packages for the L-body exhaust.

banger68
11-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Order sent in. Hope we can work this USPS bit out.

mcsvt
11-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Order placed :)

Chris W
11-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks for your orders!

Chris-TU

Chris W
11-09-2006, 02:00 PM
I have just ordered 2 ! :thumb: Paypal payment already made !

Will I get reimbursed if the final shipping costs turn out to be less than what I just paid ? Seeing how the shipping costs were based on the larger packages for the L-body exhaust.

We'll take care of it for you:thumb:

Chris-TU

Chris W
11-09-2006, 07:12 PM
We just sold the remaining $99. kits to Yogurtslinger.

Once we have completed the testing they will be shipped out. We anticipate that will be within 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for everyone's support!

Chris-TU

BadAssPerformance
11-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Nice kits... too bad I'm already on my 2nd 3" G-body 3" system and hopefully will not need a 3rd!

FWIW, my first 3" g-body system was almost a direct bolt in on my Shadow :thumb:

packrat_turbo
11-12-2006, 02:16 PM
I have the first g body 3" cat back exhaust on my car now. Installed it on my car to test it out and it installed fairly easy. It is pretty tight in places, especially over the axle around the rear coil spring but I dont have any vibrations or noises. When you consider how much larger this 3 " pipe is than the original, it is going to be tight in spots.
I also installed a catco 3 inch catalytic convertor, and magnaflow muffler (3 inch in and out, 6 inch diameter, straight through) . What an upgrade, and something you can certainly feel when driving. That stock exhaust is very limiting to the power potential of these turbo cars.

Tom

WOP'R
11-24-2006, 09:17 PM
so have these 3"ers all been made ? if so, whats the final shipping price and are we getting reimbursed due to it being cheaper to ship ?

woot woot

Chris W
12-05-2006, 02:10 PM
We will be emailing UPS Tracking numbers as they are sent out. Shipping refunds will be calculated and distributed at that time.

We appreciate everyone's support!

Chris-TU

supercrackerbox
12-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Too bad I'm all out of G-bodies at the moment. :(

mcsvt
12-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Can't wait to get mine :D

Murphy
12-10-2006, 11:14 PM
are these avail for regular purchase now?
what size cat are they made for/what will just fit right in?
are clamps included? or do they need to be purchased separately?

Chris W
12-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Can't wait to get mine :D

It shipped last week. You should have it soon.:thumb:

are these avail for regular purchase now?
what size cat are they made for/what will just fit right in?
are clamps included? or do they need to be purchased separately?

These are now in stock and shipping. They require a 3" catalytic convertor which we also carry in stock. Since not everyone requires clamps and to keep the cost of these kits low for everyone we offer clamps separately. We do include mounting hooks pre-welded to all our exhaust systems for factory exhaust hangers.

Chris-TU

Murphy
12-11-2006, 04:07 PM
are the pieces you sell 'slip fit'? like do they use the lap joint clamps or the butt joint? i am just trying to compile a list of everything I will need to do my exhaust

Chris W
12-11-2006, 04:24 PM
are the pieces you sell 'slip fit'? like do they use the lap joint clamps or the butt joint? i am just trying to compile a list of everything I will need to do my exhaust

Our Catalytic convertors have a larger inlet/outlet so they would be considered slip fit for our downpipe and cat back system pipe. The cat back system comes in three parts and has one slip fit and one butt joint. Our Stainless Steel exhaust clamps will work on either butt or slip joints.

Chris-TU

Murphy
12-11-2006, 10:16 PM
oh ok, on summit i saw that they had 2 types of clamps so i thought i would have to get some from you and the rest from them. i'll make an order once i have the money!

Chris W
12-12-2006, 03:16 AM
We just added a photograph of the G/P body kit to our site.

We also added a Combo kit which includes both our 3" mandrel downpipe and cat back exhaust for $240.

Happy Holidays!

Chris-TU

banger68
01-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Picked it up at the post office last week. Looks good. I have all winter to get it on the car. The best thing ... no duty or brokerage fees. Thanks Chris :thumb:

mcsvt
01-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Mine goes on this weekend finally. Pictures will be provided :eyebrows:

Chris W
01-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I appreciate the positive feedback guys!:thumb:

A customer contacted me this week about the installation procedure. While most of it is self explanatory, it is necessary to remove the support bar in order install the section that goes over the axle. Once installed the pipe should be between the upper spring seat and gas tank as pictured in the previous post of this thread. Don't hesitate to contact us should you require additional assistance.

Chris-TU

TurboGLH
01-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Not to derail the topic, but you should consider offering a system for srt-4's. Current prices are something like $400-600 for stainless systems, the notable exception being the xspower/ssautocrap system selling on ebay ($250+shipping on that). I know that with the number of cheap --- srt owners out there you could have the market cornered with a $250 price tag.

WOP'R
01-10-2007, 11:58 PM
mcsvt:

got pics of the install??

mcsvt
01-11-2007, 10:38 AM
No I didn't get the pics, weekend turned out to be all issues. The exhaust is on though :D I will try to get some this weekend :thumb:

WOP'R
01-21-2007, 07:34 PM
any update on those pics??

what about you packrat_turbo?

WOP'R
01-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Im having issues with the fit to on my shadow. Ive asked ppl who installed these kits to post pics for the g/p body but no luck yet

mcsvt
01-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Sorry, I'll go down right now and take a pic, just been busy with a new job and never being home during the daylight... Stay tuned for pics...

As for rear axle fitment. It was very tight as you will see, also had to chop some off of the back so that it wasn't pointing up at the trunk. I had mine installed at a shop, but I was right there making sure it was done right.

Back with pics in a few...

mcsvt
01-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Here are some pics. Much apologies for the delay! I am running a catco 3" Cat and a cheap summit glasspack. Sounds just fine to me. Not to loud either, less vibs then the 2.5" setup with a magnaflow. The fitment is very close, I get a slight rattle at idle, but nothing cruising.

:thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
03-25-2008, 07:25 PM
MCSVT any droning?

mcsvt
03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
zero, it's got a great sound, not raspy, pretty deep.

J&H Ryan
05-30-2008, 02:37 PM
J body setup yet? Or is it just a length change between the cat and the first gas tank bend?

Chris W
05-30-2008, 02:55 PM
J body setup yet? Or is it just a length change between the cat and the first gas tank bend?

One of our local customers (Timmay) installed our newly designed G-Body kit in his TC Maserati without too much difficulty. Only 2 addtional cuts were required. I think he may have posted (with pics) in a thread here or on the "other" site.

Chris-TU

GLHNSLHT2
05-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I installed one on my new yorker which to me, eyeballing doesn't look different than a Gbody other than between the d'pipe and 1st bend obviously. But I took out a couple inches between the 1st 90 and 2nd 90. I also had to add 8" between the up bend and the down bend on the over the axle part. I still need to cut it apart again, and rotate the 2nd bend towards the drivers side about 30 degrees so the last bend to get it straight out of the car can get it straight out of the car. I have a few pics here: http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2937 This kit at least get's you the bends, but at least for my new yorker some modification is required. Looks like MSVT's could of had some of the same stuff I did too.