PDA

View Full Version : Playing with a Hemi Charger on the highway

3Bar_Mopar
11-01-2006, 02:40 AM
So...I'm on my way home on the interstate and I pass a new black Hemi Charger with nice chrome wheels. I'm cruising about 70-75ish The Charger pulls out around the car in front of him and speeds up. I get over out of the passing lane and continue my speed.
The Charger slowly draws next to me and the guy in the passenger seat rolls his window down. He's younger guy, 20ish professional looking. He's smiling at me and almost hanging out the window. He made some kind of hand movement, like he wanted me to gun it or something. I gave him some BOV and he gave me a big smile and thumbs up. Then he sped off.
I increased my speed a little and eventually passed him again. They pulled out and followed kinda close, so I hammered it up to about 95 and put some distance between us, then returned to 70.
He flew by and then slowed down to get next to me. Once next to me, he gunned it a couple times, so we both hammer it at the same time.
We stayed pretty even until about 90ish when he started to creep away from me very slowly. I let off about 110 with him about a car ahead. My boost was staying right at 10 pounds.
His car sounded TOUGH....it was a nice ride and a good run.

Those cars kinda quick or what? 1/4 mile on those?

DBB mini
11-01-2006, 11:10 PM
I ran one at my track in the minivan, don't remember his specific et, but it was high 14s, low 15s. A friend of mine in a GTP outran him too & she runs 14.8s. The car you ran could've had some mods done, hard to say.

Vigo
11-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Maybe i should already know but how about some info on your own car? 10psi viper? 10 psi log t1 in a caravelle? :P

turbovanmanČ
11-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Too much fun, he obviously is a Mopar guy, :D

BARRON
11-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Hey nice man! Love playin with new(er) cars!

Maybe i should already know but how about some info on your own car? 10psi viper? 10 psi log t1 in a caravelle? :P

Everyone knows he drives a Daytona! Info you seek is only a couple clicks away there smartie. :p

1990 Daytona T1 auto:
90 T1 2.5 with no balance shafts,
'88 roller cam, copper shim, a/c delete,
180 degree tstat, open downpipe,
Enforcer 1 Garrett with ported compressor housing and larger wheel,
stainless lines, BR6es plugs, 10 PSI boost on fresh rebuild,
new stock Mahles and Sealed Power rings, Mobil 0w40 synth oil,
VNT stock IC/Rad combo,Gutted interior.

There.. that better? :)

Dave
11-05-2006, 10:42 PM
lol Yah they run low 14's. High 13's with a good driver on a decent track and good elevation. Woo... takes a lot.

My dad's got an '06 5.7 Hemi with a 180 t-stat and a K&N CAI and went a 13.94 at 101mph I think. When I had stock fuel running 16psi in my Spirit I always had him down low, up to about the 1/8, then he'd come flying around. The big V8's are nuts with their top end. Finally the big turbo and I/C stopped the Hemi's reign of terror on the 4 bangers. :D

Vigo
11-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Everyone knows he drives a Daytona! Info you seek is only a couple clicks away there smartie.

Everyone who spends a lot of time on this particular forum?
Thanks tho, forgive me if it didnt seem obvious but imo if you have to dig through a user's other posts or use search or even ask thats not as easy as just having a signature, but i have no room to talk there:p

Nice race anywho!

DBB mini
11-06-2006, 09:57 PM

MY car? It's a 89 turbo minivan, you can see some videos of it on this
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8024

Aries_Turbo
11-07-2006, 11:03 PM
yeah I crushed one of the 300c's with the hemi last year on the way back from sdac15... roll from about 70ish. ~15psi and i put a few lengths on him till we both shut it down at around 100 or so. i let him gun it first too and heard the car downshift and then i hit it to be fair. :)

Brian