PDA

View Full Version : I want OUT

BIG PSI
01-10-2006, 12:36 AM
I have spent some $2,200 in the last two months trying to get my Acclaim to run right. It has been in two shops for 10 weeks in the last three months.
So my anger is your gain. I WILL NOT SEPERATE THE PACKAGE.
YOU BUY IT ALL OR DON'T BOTHER ME!!!! Here is what I have for sale:

1989 Plymouth Voyager SE (BIG PSI) ice blue in color:
van is from Alburque, NM ---- almost 100% rust free
ps, pdb, tilt, had cruise-but removed, tinted glass, rear wiper & washer
comes with 2.5 short block and a partial 413 tranny
Auto Meter; tach-boost-air/fuel-water temp-oil press gauges all with cups
toggle switch for fan; 3 snowflake rims, one pizza rim, 2.5" exhaust with a dump tube and a Flowmaster Muffler

1989 Dodge Caravan ES (RUBY) claret red in color with a silver bottom
this is a loaded Mini Van with power everything--the van is 98% complete
needs to have the lower intercooler hose replaced (I have one) and the pistons replaced. If you go to my Car Domain you can see the van
to many modifications to list in here

1989 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE (S-T-R-E-T-C-H) twilight blue
the motor is out of the van and all apart, I have all NEW parts for the rebuild
radiator, starter, power brake master cylinder and booster, .020 Mahl Pistons, Sealed Pro Rings, all ARP head Studs, Main Studs, Spiral Lock Rod Bolts and Nuts, Poly Mount Front and Side, Chrome oil fill cap, aluminum t-stat housing,
Giant Front Mount InterCooler, Mopar Reman Head (complete), milling high volumn oil pump, all new headlight buckets, running lights, front turn signal addemblies, media blasted front grill, headlight doors, fuel rail with injectors and fpr, the nicest a/c compressor anywhere, new a/c lines, media blasted and then por on the water lines, media blasted a/c bracket, dist base, and hold down clamp --- the entire engine bay is detailed beyond words

1989 Plymouth Acclaim LE (PAT) gold in color
manual windows and outside mirrors, power door locks, tilt, ps, pdb rear defroster--has 10mm Magnecore Wires, MSD Coil, Talon BOV, T2 Intercooler,
non-ac bracket, 2.5" exhaust with dump tube and Flowmaster Muffler, new tires, trans has been rebuilt six times in the last three months and it is still messed up, Auto Meter Tach-a/f-boost Gauges

PLUS TONS OF SPARE PARTS--4sets of rims--t2 radiator--3 non ac brackets
body panels galore, interior stuff, R/T Stuff

ALL OF THIS GOES WITH CLEAR TITLES FOR THE FIRST $4000.00
I WILL NOT NEGOTIATE---FIRST ONE IN HERE THAT SAYS THEY WANT IT, IT IS THEIRS.

Chuck

Mike_Shepard
01-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Man chuck sorry to see you doing this

BIG PSI
01-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Man chuck sorry to see you doing this

Well I can't find anyone local to fix them right. I don't mind spending money to modify them and upkeep them, but when I have to spend money on the same repair time after time it gets old. I have spent somewhere around $3000 just on trannys for the 89 Acclaim and it is still messed up. I got it back yesterday afternoon and last night it starts out in 2nd gear, then the engine got a real bad miss and died out leaving me stranded.

As soon as winter is over I am buying an SRT6 Crossfire. Something with a warranty and pretty quick.

Chuck

SMPerformance
01-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Well I can't find anyone local to fix them right. I don't mind spending money to modify them and upkeep them, but when I have to spend money on the same repair time after time it gets old. I have spent somewhere around $3000 just on trannys for the 89 Acclaim and it is still messed up. I got it back yesterday afternoon and last night it starts out in 2nd gear, then the engine got a real bad miss and died out leaving me stranded.

As soon as winter is over I am buying an SRT6 Crossfire. Something with a warranty and pretty quick.

Chuck

The cars are not the problem it's the shop that repair them to bad you live to far from here ;)

BIG PSI
01-10-2006, 11:01 AM
The cars are not the problem it's the shop that repair them to bad you live to far from here ;)

Last time we talked you said that you are above New York State, is that correct ?? At this point in my life car wise I am willing to try anything. PM me your address and I will see if I can get PAT (89 Acclaim) brought to you.
I agree with your statement, it is not the cars but the repair places they went to. I have now gone through more tranny rebuild than I should have if I owned the car from new. In two years I have had the tranny rebuilt some 6times. I will not flame but one tranny lasted all of 9 days.....

Chuck

Subliminal
01-10-2006, 11:04 AM
That's crap, dude. Tranny woes are the very worst ones on a car, IMO.

Time for a manual swap? ;)

Hope it works out for you.

turboshadow
01-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Sorry to here that man. It sounds like a shop problem i find it better to work on the car myself then u know its done right:nod:

The S is Silent
01-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Sorry to here that man. It sounds like a shop problem i find it better to work on the car myself then u know its done right:nod:

I can do a lot of the maintenance on my vehicles, but rebuilding an automatic transmission is intimidating as hell. I'm reluctant to break into my a555 to put the bearing support plate in.

Personally, if I had an auto that needed work, it would get sent to Cliff. Some mechanics see automatic trans problems and get $$ in their eyes.

bradp
01-10-2006, 01:37 PM
All trans rebuilds should be done by Cliff Ramsdell. Just my .02

SMPerformance
01-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Last time we talked you said that you are above New York State, is that correct ?? At this point in my life car wise I am willing to try anything. PM me your address and I will see if I can get PAT (89 Acclaim) brought to you.
I agree with your statement, it is not the cars but the repair places they went to. I have now gone through more tranny rebuild than I should have if I owned the car from new. In two years I have had the tranny rebuilt some 6times. I will not flame but one tranny lasted all of 9 days.....

Chuck

Maybe it would cost you less to send your tranny to Cliff ,you will save on
transport ;)
I dont know till what power level cliff can get them to hold

P.S who ever does your tranny they should give you 1 year warranty parts and labor

TrrboJeep
01-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Everyone wants out at one point or another! :nod:
Why not take an automatic apart, and just see what makes them tick? Hell, you could become the next Cliff! :eyebrows: Then problem solved. :thumb:

BIG PSI
01-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Well now that it is daylight my son, Bryan and I went back out to look at PAT.
Pulled the distribuator cap and cranked over the motor and the rotor does turn. Put the cap back on and then pulled the coil wire, grounded it out and cranked over the motor, we have spark, checked fuel and we have that as well. But the engine will not fire up.

I am getting the car towed today to OhioRob's to see what is up. Myabe he can get it running right both engine and tranny.

Chuck

turbovanmanČ
01-10-2006, 02:58 PM

Chuck

I agree, too bad you don't live closer, I would love to help you. :thumb:

Glad I didn't send out that baffle yet, lol!

BIG PSI
01-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I agree, too bad you don't live closer, I would love to help you. :thumb:

Glad I didn't send out that baffle yet, lol!

Well I had PAT towed to OhioRob, we will see when PAT comes back how it works. Maybe I was being a little P.O. If you would Simon still send out the baffle. I don't think anyone will buy my collection. Is there anything that YOU are looking for ??

PS--guess what I have sitting in my driveway for an extended test drive (overnight) ???

2005 Pontiac GTO with the 6.0 V8, it has 400 hp and 400 lb/ft of torque. This one has the auto tranny, stickers for $34500, I can have it for $29500.
It runs real good, and sounds even better.

Chuck

midohiomoparsource
01-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Man, hold off on the GTO and wait for the Challenger!!!!! Or at least buy a Charger SRT-8!! Stay away from them GM products.

Chuck, where are you located? I assume near Cleveland/Lorain??
There are a ton of members from SDAC Buckeye in your area, I am sure some of them can help you. I would love to help out if possible, just time is against me lol.
From working 40 hours/week, running the parts to post office and all that is related with that, raising two kids, wife full time in college, me full time in college, my plate is really really full lol. But, if you need something, feel free to ask.

Good luck.
Matt

turbovanmanČ
01-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Well I had PAT towed to OhioRob, we will see when PAT comes back how it works. Maybe I was being a little P.O. If you would Simon still send out the baffle. I don't think anyone will buy my collection. Is there anything that YOU are looking for ??

PS--guess what I have sitting in my driveway for an extended test drive (overnight) ???

2005 Pontiac GTO with the 6.0 V8, it has 400 hp and 400 lb/ft of torque. This one has the auto tranny, stickers for $34500, I can have it for $29500.
It runs real good, and sounds even better.

Chuck

Way cool, I love those GTO's, wicked price. Let me look over what you have and we'll talk, :thumb:

clocktowersniper
01-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Those GTO's are junk dude. The engine may be good but thwe body is crap. I have worked onnumerous GTOs and nobody is happy with them. They are having problems with interior and glass. They do not even use glue on the quarter glasses. They snap in and use a foam dam to seal, and they leak! Oh and when the glass falls out going down the road, its gonna run you or your insurance company about $1100 for that little window.

TrrboJeep
01-13-2006, 09:46 AM
A 2006 Shelby GT500 (475hp) will bend the horns on a goat! :bolt:

I will have to take my brother-in-law a tube of liquid nails for the side windows on his 05 GTO! :D

BIG PSI
01-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Well I gave the GTO back to the dealership. I liked the performance but I just didn't LOVE the car so to say.

I have set up an appointment to take out a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 in black. I will do this either on a Monday or Thursday night after I get out of work, depending on the weather. The car listed for $47,000; it is brand new with 167.3 miles and I can have it for $29,900. That is one HUGE discount.
It has a 3.2 V6 with a supercharger and makes 330 horses. I will keep you posted.

Chuck

PS--Byran (my son) is at OhioRob's house (now) redoing the motor in PAT as when it died out on me it was the intermidiate shaft sheared off its teeth. So we are doing that and the tranny again--here goes another $1,000----just to let everyone know--I AM STILL AT IT..

turbovanmanČ
01-13-2006, 07:55 PM
PS--Byran (my son) is at OhioRob's house (now) redoing the motor in PAT as when it died out on me it was the intermidiate shaft sheared off its teeth. So we are doing that and the tranny again--here goes another $1,000----just to let everyone know--I AM STILL AT IT..

Goddamn, the money I could make off you if you were closer, :eyebrows: :amen:

87glhs232
01-13-2006, 08:12 PM
PS--Byran (my son) is at OhioRob's house (now) redoing the motor in PAT as when it died out on me it was the intermidiate shaft sheared off its teeth.
That sucks dude. When that happened to mine, it never was the same. Ended up putting another motor in.

5sp. mini
01-14-2006, 11:16 AM
i,ve tryed to help when i can but i have just too many kids and 3 TDs too. the auto thing sucks after checking with the trans guys around here i had to go stick/ all the auto i have had just won,t hold up. as much as i work on these cars somtime i get sick, just weds, night the van won,t start/ so after being sick for a day i have to go out and drag the jack down to the house jack up van and tighen up the pos. cable at the starter. it was tight but needed just alittle more:mad: mines not the mad money like you but the time.oh my shed is away from my house so had to make 10 trips up and down till i got it fixed. two days after i had it on the rack at work having the rear mt weld up after a year. AL

TrrboJeep
01-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Any word on the Crossfire? :eyebrows:

BIG PSI
01-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Any word on the Crossfire? :eyebrows:

They sold it last Monday around 2:00 pm. I was to go test drive that night around 7:00 pm. So I am still looking for something quick for myself. My wife has a Red 2006 Charger R/T complete with the HEMI motor. I have put in a
K & N CAI, did a throttle recalibration, molded mudflaps, and hd rubber floor mats from www.mats.com. Car runs real nice. I suspect it is a very low 14 sec ride.

Chuck

Clay
01-24-2006, 11:34 AM
They sold it last Monday around 2:00 pm. I was to go test drive that night around 7:00 pm. So I am still looking for something quick for myself. My wife has a Red 2006 Charger R/T complete with the HEMI motor. I have put in a
K & N CAI, did a throttle recalibration, molded mudflaps, and hd rubber floor mats from www.mats.com. Car runs real nice. I suspect it is a very low 14 sec ride.

Chuck

If your looking at crossfires, are you checking out a regular one, or an SRT6?

also, what is a throttle recalibration? is this a performance thing??

clay

turbovanmanČ
01-24-2006, 05:13 PM

clay

Its probably the same as the Mustang guys. The factory won't let you do a burn out, full throttle upshifts I think and the throttle response is spongy so they recal all that out.

BIG PSI
01-25-2006, 11:43 AM

clay

No I am looking at the Crossfire SRT6 only and NO convertible.

As for the throttle recalibration, that is really wild how it works. We test drove a total of 3 HEMI Chargers, the first two had sunroofs (which I hate), but they would do great burnouts. The one we ended up getting
(which is red) did not have the sunroof , but would only do 4-5 foot burnouts. The car ran fine but the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) which is more sensitive in some cars, does not shut off all the way, thus engauging the brakes to keep your car from spinning the tires.

The way you do the throttle reclalibration is this:
put the key in the ignition
turn the key to the ON position
all the idiots lights in the dash come on---wait for them to go out
the slowly depress the gas pedal to the floor---leave it there for 15 secounds
slowly release the gas pedal
turn the key off
remove the key from the ignition cyulinder
put the key back in and start the motor
turn off the ESP button on the dash
NOW you can do 40-45 foot burnouts............:eyebrows: :nod:

I have also installed Cold Air Induction System by K & N Air Filters and now the car can do 60 foot burnouts. Next I will be changing the T-Stat to a 180 degree one as this will fool the computer and in turn it will give 4 degrees of more timing.

Chuck

:thumb:

JDAWG
01-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Mopar make headers for them now too if you wanna spend $1200

BIG PSI
01-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Mopar make headers for them now too if you wanna spend $1200

I just bought a 180 T-Stat and according to the other board that I belong to, it makes more power than the CAI, which was huge. I paid all of $9.00 for it. I have not put it in yet. I am waiting on the weather to get better.

Chuck

Directconnection
01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Goddamn, the money I could make off you if you were closer, :eyebrows: :amen:

Simon, I seem to remember you being DONE with TD's a while back in that big thread you started. Wasn't your stuff breaking all the time as well? :eyebrows:

Teasing ya...

turbovanmanČ
01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Simon, I seem to remember you being DONE with TD's a while back in that big thread you started. Wasn't your stuff breaking all the time as well? :eyebrows:

Teasing ya...

Ouch, :(

lol!

SpoolinGLH
01-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Once a Td'er ...................................... Always a Td'er

BIG PSI
01-27-2006, 07:22 PM

I have stated I wanted out a couple of times, but I love thes DAMN things. Almost as much fun as SEX. That is why I have 5 turbo vehicles, more than one is better.

Chuck

turbovanmanČ
01-27-2006, 07:38 PM
I have stated I wanted out a couple of times, but I love thes DAMN things. Almost as much fun as SEX. That is why I have 5 turbo vehicles, more than one is better.

Chuck

And if you don't fix them right, you need more than 1 TD, :thumb: :nod: :amen:

GLHSKEN
01-27-2006, 07:52 PM

To the painfull breakdown... errr end

SpoolinGLH
01-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Yep, something about hearing the turbo spool up and the tires going up in smoke ..just puts a smile on my face....ahhh i cant wait to get this omni done!!!!! if you guys ever seen the beavis and butthead episode "cornholio" ..i feel like that lol..im going crazy not having a td to drive...