PDA

View Full Version : Sema 2006

BadAssPerformance
10-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Anyone from here going this year?

I have not been there since 2003 and was not able to convince my day job boss to let me go and could not justify just going on my own coin.

So if you are going, keep us posted with updates!

scrampage1
10-30-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm going. Be leaving for Las Vegas in 4 hours.

Carroll Shelby is scheduled to be making an appearance on Thursday for only 30 minutes.

I'm guessing his health must be really bad to only have 1 appearance and for only half an hour.

I yanked all my sun visors off my cars for him to sign.

Ray
Central California

scrampage1
11-29-2006, 05:16 AM
Thought more people would post here about SEMA 2006.

I guess I'll give my take on the show.

I stood in line for 2 hours at the Goodyear booth, being the 10th person in line, to get Carroll Shelby's signature. I had 5 things for him to sign.

The powers that be said 1 autograph per person in line before Carroll made his appearance.

I just had Carroll sign one of the sun visors of my 1987 Shelby GLHS. :thumb:

I mentioned to him that I had a GLHS. It put a smile on his face and he proceeded to tell me that he had one that had 460 horsepower. I had the biggest conversation with him compared to the first 9 people ahead of me. I'm probably the only one with a Shelby Dodge in that line.

At least 200 people were behind me when I took the time to look back on my way out. No way Carroll was going to see them all within the 30 minute alloted time.

I spent the whole week there attending SEMA, AAPEX, and NACE. :D

Got to see the unveiling of the new 2007 Honda Civic Mugen Si. :faint:

Got a good look at the Ford Super Chief Concept Pickup. That's one massive interior!! Okay, the exterio is massive too!!

I had already seen the Dodge Challenger Concept Car at the Mopars at the Strip event earlier in March, so, it wasn't a big deal for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the car.

I did notice that there were a lot more older Mopars used as display cars at this show than from years past. Mainly 2nd Generation Dodge Chargers and a myriad of E-Bodies, Cudas & Challengers alike.

Chip Foose was doing a 1972 or 73 Dodge Challenger for the live Overhaulin' show.

A couple of celebrity people I was hoping to run into was Mr. Norm of Grand Spaulding Dodge Fame and car customizer George Barris.

Surprisingly, my favorite cars at the show were from the 1960s era, the Batmobile and the Monkeymobile.

Did anyone else here go?

By the way, Carroll arrived to the signing event in a small electric 3-wheeled scooter. Seemed to be moving slowly and appeared tired. If any of you want his autograph, I suggest you look into it soon.

Ray
Central California