PDA

View Full Version : wiring diagrams

WickedShelby88
10-29-2006, 04:24 AM
K I dont have a service manual or wiring diagrams of any kind so I was wondering if someone here could help out.
I have a 4 wire O2 and need to convert my 3 wire and dont have the colors vs what they are for the pinout and same thing with a 2 wire speed sensor to 3 wire late style. So basically I wanna take my 88 to 90 and up status with the speed sensor and the O2 to 89 and up with O2. Also, who has done this to theirs and how much difference will it make?

TurboJerry
10-29-2006, 04:34 AM
The sensor ground is the only one you will be adding. It's black w/blue stripe in the harness. All the other wires are the same. I'll see if I can put up a picture of the plug and wire colors/order.

MopàrBCN
10-29-2006, 04:38 AM
Hi, send me a PM with your email. I have stuff to send which may help you. Basically I have the 1988 factory manual digital. I also have all the wiring diagrams for that year in print, which I would be prepared to scan for the parts you need if it does help you....

TurboJerry
10-29-2006, 04:41 AM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i116/TurboJerry/turbo_o2_plug_2.jpg

Hope this helps......

WickedShelby88
10-29-2006, 04:45 AM
Awesome, so are the three wires besides the additional ground for the sensor the same colors as 88?

TurboJerry
10-29-2006, 04:55 AM
Your'e better off going to the "sensor side" of the plug for the color match....... The 2 white ones are the heater. (no polarity for the heater) The black is the signal, and the grey,(which is only on the 4 wire) is sensor ground. I believe the 3 wire's are the same colors on the harness side, but I don't know if they change from body to body....(J vs P vs E etc.....) So yes, the 3 and 4 wire sensors have the same colors, just missing one. BTW the volts will read higher, and the sensor reacts faster then the 3 wire; worth the swap.

WickedShelby88
10-29-2006, 07:34 AM
I wouldnt of known or even bothered had I not been with a 4 wire O2 from the parts car. When I sold my previous drivetrain the 3 wire went with and I was just going to put a new O2 in, but this setup from my parted out lebaron had a 4 wire so I researched the swap and found out the logistics. I always thought the 3 wire was just a better O2 setup using a sensor ground. I didnt know it was a heated O2 until I looked into it. I dont know why chrysler didnt just go 4 wire from the get go. Its common sense to me. Now i just need to replace the fuses in my DVOM and I can for sure figure this out. I just wanted to get the wires sorted through prior to powering up anything so I could just put my engine back together all at once instead of having to figure out the wiring once I got that far.