PDA

View Full Version : Need SRT-4 launch/shift techniques & tips

oldgregg
10-29-2006, 01:30 AM
Like the subj. line says.

My pal's 05 SRT (&I) will be at Cecil & I'd like to know what RPM to launch & shift at.
It'll be on street tires & will have only the following "mods":

MM inserts,
Trans inserts,
Hotchkis front and rear bars and bushings,
Energy Suspension master poly kit for all bushings,
TurboXS type H BOV.

And last but not least, what rough track times will he be looking at?

Thanks.

Turbo3Iroc
10-29-2006, 02:24 AM
Good to hear you and Jon will be coming down Butch. I've seen more than a few SRT's run in the high 13's at 100-102 totally stock.

DodgeZ
10-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Like the subj. line says.

My pal's 05 SRT (&I) will be at Cecil & I'd like to know what RPM to launch & shift at.
It'll be on street tires & will have only the following "mods":

MM inserts,
Trans inserts,
Hotchkis front and rear bars and bushings,
Energy Suspension master poly kit for all bushings,
TurboXS type H BOV.

And last but not least, what rough track times will he be looking at?

Thanks.

tell him to get a new clutch asap

contraption22
10-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Its hard to make a recommendation Butch, except to say shift at about 5500 rpm. The poly suspension bushings supposedly do alot to eliminate wheelhop in the SRT's. When I run street tires, i leave very easy, like i am leaving a stoplight, but I still have stock suspension bushings... so mine wheelhops like mad on streets.

Kevin, why do you recommend him getting a new clutch? Because of the explosion problem on '05's?

DodgeZ
10-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Kevin, why do you recommend him getting a new clutch? Because of the explosion problem on '05's?

That would be it! Plus if you are going to soup the car up it is needed anyways, well if you go stage3 or higher.

here is some " Stock SRT-4 Drag Racing 101" NeonDan owns an 86 GLHS also ;)
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182221

Dave
10-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Just please remember...the more changes you make during staging, launching and shifting the more you'll affect your times. I have found that reaction times in these cars directly affect 60 foot times and vice versa...i have many slips i can scan to prove this....usually most common is sleeping at the light yiels higher 60 foots while getting a good reaction time most often leads to a better 60 foot. More on that later...go get some!

:lol:

DodgeZ
10-29-2006, 05:19 PM
:lol:

That is funny. I didn't read all his post.:D

Keito
10-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Butch,
Not to beat a dead horse, make sure you go over all his hose clamps for his
IC/turbo hoses.(if you haven't already)
My turbo outlet was finger tight from the factory.
I went 13.82@100 stock with loose hose clamps.
Tightened up the clamps, next time out, went same time but @102mph
Use an 8mm socket.

Turbo3Iroc
10-29-2006, 08:20 PM
I didn't read all of that FAQ either but most of it seemed pretty good except the reaction time deal.

Dave
10-30-2006, 12:29 PM
I didn't read all of that FAQ either but most of it seemed pretty good except the reaction time deal.

Which makes sense because I've sat an honest 8 seconds after green and still cut a 1.9 60'. Granted it wasn't an SRT4. lol Okay I'm done nitpicking.

DodgeZ
10-30-2006, 01:36 PM
I read it all.... There is some funny stuff in there.

"2003 SRT-4

*Open Differential (in actuality it is a 4 pinnion differential that allows both wheels torque/power but will not bias left to right)"

what is up with this statement? Is he saying it is like a posi?

Then his comment about the running the heat on defrost is funny. If you just run max a/c it will run both fans at high speed. Use the heater core is only when your radiator can't keep up. In a stock srt max a/c will run your car as cool as the thremostat will stay open. The track “fan mod” is just disconnecting you’re a/c compressor at the plug (zip tie your plug again so it does meet mister belt). Then you can run the max a/c (both fans) and not leave puddles of water on the track, which upsets the locals. Just plug it in when you are done, no wiring needed!